BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham - Sunday 13Th September

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very very unlucky in the end and they gave it their all second half. That first 30 mins though told us everything that's wrong with Rovers. Disjointed, slow, no pass and move and no leaders. Look so much better when we get riled up for it but they are still all to nicey nicey in the early stages of games.

• Moderation Lead

You'd have to be pretty delusional or ignorant of what you're witnessing to say we aren't showing relegation form and not showing any signs of stopping these stupid errors that keep costing us, week in and week out.

Commentator giving Bowyer his excuses for him:

'Plenty of positives to take from today.'

Thing is, Bowyer never actually takes them! If he did we'd have started Koita alongside Rhodes from day one for a start.

This is half the problem, he NEVER learns from his mistakes(or successes). Lowey will be back in the team soon too.

Oh and Spurr is so bad, he looks so awkward on the ball. I remember people moaning about MGP maybe being in the team for his useless throw ins, but Spurr is a waste of a place in the team.

Team were unlucky in the end, the manager deserved the loss for the way he sent us out.

Football isn't about giving it a right good go.

Bowyer out.

Tom, perfect summing up.

That is what I call giving it a right good go. All other occasions, were lies. No points again and although Bowyer should feel cheated, we were farcical 1st half. Some of those players have talent. With belief, we can get in the play-offs - but not with this manager, ever.

No doubt the excuses will be trotted out.

He will not accpet that for the first 20 mins we were completely overwhelmed by the Fulham movement.

The plan A lasted 4 minutes as the defence crumbled yet again due to a complete lack of organisation.

The only reason we got back in it was because Fulham went easy at 2 nil up

The hard to beat plan does not exist.

He should have gone at the end of last season but will grimly hang on for another death by a thousand cut saga.

• Backroom

I really really don't understand, what did Olsson do to get him on the bench watching Spurr playing bad every game?

Can't throw a ball really far, apparently.

Spurr's total lack of any pace and quite frankly embarrassing technique on the ball is apparently irrelevant.

Teams invariably create more chances as they throw caution to the wind, and the leading side sits back inviting pressure. We've seen it enough the other way. I'm not so sure there was much tactical nous involved in that. It owed more to Fulham camping in. I expect Bowyer will roll out the usual excuses, 'right good go' etc, but if we weren't so negative from the off, we wouldn't need these late sieges to try and scrape a point. He'll be his usual evasive, bemoaning self. He's slippier than his hair in interview situations.

I (and Tomphil I think it was) called it at the start of this thread in that we'd lose narrowly to a controversial decision.

It keeps us on the same number of points and ultimately keeps Gaz in his job. I really think it would take an absolute mullering for them to remotely consider potting him.

Correct pal.

He preached all week that the International break was going to get Rovers organised and ready to finally start their season proper and yet Rovers looked like absolute dross in the first half especially defensively and Fulham could have scored 5 or 6 easily. Fulham then took their foot off the gas at HT and that coupled with some Rovers subs made Rovers look more threatening and they had their chances. A memorable quality of Kean's teams was going down 2-0 and having to come back and score 3 to get results, we have had the exact same similar 2 goal per game conceded average under Bowyer at times.

On the balance of play it should have been a draw but it pains me to say this, I am glad Rovers didn't get it because it would have well and truly papered over the cracks. Bowyer has to go but he won't because he is Kean v2, the over promoted manager that is friendly with the owners and becomes unsackable. Kean provided the blueprint and Bowyer is following it.

Forget mid-table mediocrity Rovers are in a battle to survive not only in this league but their total existence as a football club. It is the beginning of the end for this team if we head down to League One and Bowyer is taking us there.

• Backroom

Gary blames the ref in his post match interview. It was all bad luck today lads, nothing more and nothing less. Onwards and upwards.

First goal Fulham scored was also the ref's fault apparently.

Gary thinks there was nothing wrong with the first 20-30 minutes. Terrific, so he says.

What a joker.

Archived