BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham - Sunday 13Th September

Still no thread for this one. If someone does a preview feel free to stick it at the top.

My feeling is Gaz is beginning to look down the barrell of the gun. We lose this and one more and I reckon the owners will pot him. Why do I say that? Shelfys recent interview about a "successful" summer had all the hallmarks of a CEO putting the pressure on and Kamys revelation that we have a Venky agent (the former Indian FA bloke) at the club.

That suggests to me Venkys are taking an interest. Two more loses would break the camels back in my totally uninformed and totally un-in-the-know opinion.

That said how does Gaz get out of the sack? I'd say he pretty much needs to stick with what we have been doing tactically (442 has looked okay, much better than the 4231 mess. Changing it up again is just confusing for everyone) but pick better centre mids, and hope someone finds scoring boots. I'd also pick Koita over Delfy as he looks more of a threat and creates more space for Rhodes. We need Rhodes to start scoring ASAP.

So team for me:-

--------------------Raya

Henley---Hanley--Duffy---Olsson

Marshall--Guthrie--Akpan---Conway

--------------Rhodes---Koita

Sub's:- Steele, Killer, Lowe, Spurr, Delfy, Lawrence, O'Sullivan

Attacking options on the bench are dire, even more so since Barrow went back.

What is really sad is Marshall has been terrible but we just can't drop him as we have no one else. Lawrence at a push, but he is not really a winger. O'Sullivan has been disappointing.

It's really impossible to guess how the game will go. Could see us winning or losing pretty easily. To be honest the way things are its hard to be confident of beating anyone in the league.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good preview Joey. The club and Bowyer are desperate for 3 points. Like you, i think Bowyer is on borrowed time if he doesn't get a couple of wins very soon.

I think we might scrape a draw in this one.

Will be intriguing to see if we turn up for this televised fixture, as we certainly didn't for the last!

I think we will most probably draw also, but it could go any way. Rhodes to bag (if we score).

• Backroom

I think I've predicted a win in every game so far, knowing how terrible I am at this I am going to predict a 2-1 loss with Cairney scoring a late winner.

Some interesting selection choices to be made, Akpan has to start and you would think Guthrie is the obvious partner, I doubt he will drop Lowe so would that mean him playing at right back?

Marshall is screaming to be dropped but with Barrow gone it reduces the options. Lawrence I know little about and if I'm honest forgot he existed.

I think it's a given that Lowe, Marshall and Spurr will play though.

We can look forward to a must-win-for-the-manager 2-1 victory, much to the apathy of every fan who can then look forward to the follow-up inevitable capitulation on Wednesday. Sorry. :xmas:

Bowyer and Rovers need a win on Sunday otherwise I think Bowyer might well be sack

The players played better and suited in 4-4-2 formation than 4-2-3-1 formation.

my team would be:-

Raya; Henley, Duffy, Hanley, Olsson; Conway, Akpan, Guthrie, Lawrence; Koita, Rhodes

Subs:- Steele, Kilgallon, Spurr, Evans, Marshall, O'Sullivan, Delfouneso

• Backroom

We desperately need a win either here or at QPR to avoid what could be a nasty tailspin, IMO. Losing this one would be a big step towards that, I think a draw is needed at the very least. Hoping for a 1-1, though I can see this being a 2 or 3-1 defeat.

I'm not sure I can stand another round of "will he/won't he be sacked" if we lose again though.

Another tricky fixture whenever it pops up this one although a reasonable record down there and a place we've been able to go to and produce a result a few times when desperately needed. They've spent a few quid obviously but they need to gel as well ( or does that only apply to Rovers, a lot of things seem to these days ) however they aren't a country mile better than us.

The thing with the Championship is very few teams are miles better than the others and particularly early season anyone can beat anyone. Go there with the right mind set and set up correctly then it's a game we can get something from. Sadly I don't expect that to happen, Cairney will have a rare stormer and it'll be the standard stuff from us and the standard excuses. Maybe some bit of bad luck or other will paper it over for the manager in his preservation mode. Seriously hope I'm wrong.

Fulham 2 Rovers 1

The only thing that's guaranteed is terrible football. Plan A sit 2 in front of back 4 passing it round the back then hoof it hoping something random happens leading to a goal. Plan B get a throw in get spurr to throw it into the box hoping something random happens. No further plans.

Bowyer and Rovers need a win on Sunday otherwise I think Bowyer might well be sack

The players played better and suited in 4-4-2 formation than 4-2-3-1 formation.

my team would be:-

Raya; Henley, Duffy, Hanley, Olsson; Conway, Akpan, Guthrie, Lawrence; Koita, Rhodes

Subs:- Steele, Kilgallon, Spurr, Evans, Marshall, O'Sullivan, Delfouneso

For that to happen Lowe has to be injured or already sent out on loan. Good team selection though.

JBN and Chaddy have both posted teams capable of playing proper football and taking something away from Craven Cottage.

Bowyer will not/is not capable of changing personnel, formation and tactics all at the same time.

Lowe and Spurr are going to start and the rest is history........sadly.

A loss will have no effect on Bowyers status with the owners despite Shelfys attempts to distance himself from the pending disaster.

Bowyer is a drowning man looking at the tide coming in who hasn't noticed he's standing on quicksand.

All IMO and I wish it was different.

Seeing the team will be interesting with Bowyer having several big decisions to make regarding which team to play. Also what shape and tactics will he use? Traditionally this is an area where he has struggled and I honestly can't see us taking anything from this game or the QPR game next week.

I sincerely hope I am wrong but it's difficult to be positive at the moment.

Agreed with Tomphil. We'll likely end up losing marginally to a dubious decision which will keep GB in the job for another game at least and do absolutely nothing to end our frustration or woes.

Worryingly you feel it will take an absolute mullering (QPR perhaps?) for this lot to finally say, enough's enough. On this subject, I've only recently returned from hol and can't find anything on here about an Indian rep calling the shots at Ewood (JB's post). Who is the guy? Shebby mark II?

Amazing-balls that he hasn't got a first-choice 11, after, what, 3 years?

Is it Spurr or Olsson?

Henley or Lowe?

Killgallon or Duffy?

Brown or ermm ... something?

marshall or tomlinson or conway or williamson or taylor or the reading fella or the villa loanee or someone else?

Shall we play our players in position or shall we put one out of position because he's better there than our first-choice and then cover the gap by playing someone else out of position as well?

And who to play in goal? Hmmm, let's play one and then change him and then change in again and tell the media they're auditioning.

Genius.

What a bloody circus the whole thing is.

He's out of his depth like Verne Troyer bungee-jumping down a mineshaft. Like Frank Spencer trying to jump the Grand Canyon on a moped. Like Peewee Herman having a ruck with Mike Tyson. Like the Pope at the Playboy Mansion.

He's clinging on for his pay-off, I'm sure.

Going to be a real tough one. Fulham will be a bit more organised than last season after that dreadful start they had.

Looks like big Matt Smith is out injured for them which helps our cause a little bit...he would've been a problem for Duffy and Hanley.

I'm just not confident in Bowyer getting a result so I'm going for 2-1 Fulham. McCormack and Cairney for Fulham and Rhodes for Rovers.

Regarding Bowyer's position, i don't think he'll be sacked if we lose. Venky's will be slow to pull the trigger with him...but looking at our fixtures for September we could quite easily end up in October still waiting for a first win.

I'm struggling to grasp this part of your whinge.

What are you on about? We've had one keeper in the league all season who deserved a chance after form at southport, his appearances at the end of last season and preseason.

I understand we've struggled to keep a similar 11 together for 3 seasons but perhaps this is down to more than just this "tombola" idea?

Ie players leaving and arriving? Injuries? Loss of form?

We will probably have the same two centre backs in, I notice you fail to mention that. Speaking of which, when we did go for consistency - Hanley and Duffy, it's put down as "developing value" or not playing the best team.

As for Sunday, I hope we win. Even if it's a scrappy one. Regardless of manager, this team needs points.

This thread is for predictions jbizzle, why not tell us yours instead of pulling up other people?

Plenty more threads to do that surely :tu:

Archived