BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham - Sunday 13Th September

Sadly the lino didn't see it then Parson. I am sure if there is a will it can be done just for the Championship.

And Gav you plank you have posted in an open forum not whispering in a private residence. But at least you, for once, noticed your hypocrisy and edited your response, just like I removed mine (before you replied in my timeline). So we'll leave it at that.

I added a (?) question mark after 'you' - so whatever you're getting at you're wrong, no surprise their....

Not having a pop, am just very eager to see you sprinting down Livesy Branch Rd, William Wallace-stylee, scattering the thousands of Rovers Fans with their foam hands and blue n white floss wigs.

Go on, you know you want to...

Or we could sit in the JW upper waving wads of cash at an empty directors box....

Whatever makes them sod off I say.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where we were sat at the ground we could see it was over the line so I'm sure it would have been a bone of contention, Sky cameras or no Sky cameras. The reason why it's not in the League, I believe, is because it would have to be installed at every Football League ground and not just Championship ones. Clearly, many of the lower league clubs couldn't afford it but is something that is obviously required.

What about a 0.01% levy of the January transfer window funds, being used to pay for it in the 3 leagues. Not too sure if that covers the bill but at £250k each, it may well do.

Quickie from Zante. Watched it in a bar.

We were awful. The second half covered the true story.

The idea is to set up a team and game plan to win the game - you know, control possession, silence the crowd and all that.

We were never in the hunt for a win. Bad luck stories don't wash.

Nowhere near good enough and the league table tells us it wasn't a one-off. We're very rarely in a position to win a game these days.

Sadly the lino didn't see it then Parson. I am sure if there is a will it can be done just for the Championship.

And Gav you berk you have posted in an open forum :D not whispering in a private residence. But at least you, for once, noticed your hypocrisy and edited your response, just like I removed mine (before you replied in my timeline). So we'll leave it at that.

I agree Shaun it needs to be done but I think the Football League, as an organisation, is completely inept and so wouldn't hold my breath on them doing something. You only have to look at the fiasco around FFP and their dealings with QPR to see how that organisation works.

Shouldn't it never have been a corner in the first place? Looked to me as if it was a goal kick but the ref got it wrong. If the goal had been allowed, then it would be Fulham complaining about a poor refing decision and Bowyer wouldn't have said a dicky bird.

I still believe goal line technology needs to be brought in, but we need to get over it. We still conceded two goals and whilst the defence remains leaky, we will always be likely to drop points.

Didn't see any of the game due to work.

However at the end of the game just reading the line-up told it's own very damning story for Bowyer.

Firstly, keeper position changed - why? There is no logical or legitimate reason to do this. If doubts about Raya why chuck him in in the first place? If it's because he's playing poorly, then surely a lot of other players who've played a lot worse - step forward messers Marshall, Lowe and Spurr, would have been dropped. If it's because he's unhappy at how many we're conceding why is Bowyer happy with the rest of the defensive unit - evidenced by not changing them. It stinks of something other than getting the best 11 onto the pitch.

Secondly central midfield. We have so many combinations. Again, form seems no barrier as Marshall started yet the very promising Apkan doesn't. Again you wonder on what basis is the team being picked.

Up front. Koita comes on again and we look better. Ok he couldn't score in a brothel but he does unsettle defenses somewhat. If he needs to come on at half time it shows that Bowyer got the attacking line up very wrong. If say this had had to happen a few times, you'd wonder why Koita isn't starting and if Bowyer is learning anything at all.

Worst result ever. Bowyer has a get out of jail free card, albeit with a very legitimite complaint, along with his trademark last 20 minute right good go putting a gloss on things. Yet we've still no points from the game, yet the manager can evade criticism (unjustly escape it imo) based on what happened in the second half.

Tbh this has been threatening to happen all season, a crap first half that when "luck" goes against us in the second half means we don't get what deserved out of the game. Huddersfield should have been out of sight by half time, we left it late to equalize vs Cardiff, and Bolton nearly capitalized on us not scoring. In some ways all 3 games promised a result like this. And as we play more teams with quality, the outcome will be more like the Fulham game, than any of the others mentioned.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/jason-steele-blackburn-rovers-fulham-2688048.aspx

We had a lot of chances second half, but you'd think we had 30 shots and they scored on a rare breakaway - we were lucky it was only 2 after that dismal first half hour!

I think this is a key problem, if they are all just convincing each other its just luck, then we have no chance.

We could easily have conceded 4 or 5 goals, put simply you cannot win football games if thats the case.

I think this is a key problem, if they are all just convincing each other its just luck, then we have no chance.

We could easily have conceded 4 or 5 goals, put simply you cannot win football games if thats the case.

Agreed.

We concede far too many, and have done throughout GB's tenure (and before obviously).

Anyone remember the Crewe game? Rovers were far more profligate in front of goal that day but still wound up the losing side.

Parkes' last game, too, if I recall. Prophetic?

Yes, someone posed the question if we'd ever seen so many missed chances, this game sprang to mind immediately, but they'd worn me out by that time and I couldn't be bothered posting.

Anyone remember the Crewe game? Rovers were far more profligate in front of goal that day but still wound up the losing side.

Parkes' last game, too, if I recall. Prophetic?

Ashley Ward missed an appalling header. He used to head everything up in the air (much like Duffy. He's a hindrance to us at corners)

• Backroom

Ashley Ward missed an appalling header. He used to head everything up in the air (much like Duffy. He's a hindrance to us at corners)

And yet he seems to be our main target. Baffling. Hanley has a far better header on him.

Spurr has got SO much worse as a player. Going forward rubbish too. Henley who had shown so much promise not much better. First half they attacked us down the flanks at will.

Watched the whole game back on RoversPlayer. Terrible defending in the first 30 minutes, but apart from that the best attacking performance I've seen from Rovers in ages. We should have easily won. But we didn't.

It did feel a bit like Fulham switched off after they went 2-0 up and let us play. However Marshall particularly was much improved (Cairney seemed content to let Marshall go wherever he wanted unmarked for some reason), while Guthrie and Evans passed the ball in general much better than any of our midfield to date have. Rhodes movement was great but his finishing very disappointing. He should have scored at least one from open play. Conway as well, although shooting aside Conway had a good game. I thought Henley players well too. The centre backs were very suspect for both goals bit much stronger in the second half,while Spurr was abysmal throughout. He was very far off the pace. If we are going to play a high line (and I think we should) we need pace at the back - Olsson has to come back in. And he would provide a greater attacking threat also.

Koita was his usual puzzling self. Strong, pacy,good movement, hit the post - yet sometimes fails at basic technique. Id have him over the anonymous Delfy but its not ideal.

Tactically, even before we conceded we seemed willing to play a higher line and be more attacking, which I think suits us much better than sitting. So that was positive. Intriducing Akpan may help us on the defensive side.

Six games in, no wins, Bowyer needs to go. However we did play well. Hopefully prospective managers will look at that performance and think they could do something with the squad.

I thought Steele was excellent on the day, good decision by Bowyer to play him over Raya who's kicking needs to improve.

People went nuts on here before the game about Rayas omission, probably with good reason, he doesn't seem to have done much wrong, but Bowyer got that one spot on for me.

Only issue with that Gav, is that Raya kept a clean sheet in the previous game, and was then dropped. It won't do much for his confidence I'd suggest.

The keeper situation is pretty farcical.

Last season Eastwood excelled v Boro and in the cups and wasn't given a proper chance in the league.

Raya improves (great saves v Brighton and a clean sheet v Bolton) and is dropped.

Illustrates the team changes for changes sake, or GB just cant work out who fits best.

Hopefully we could transfer that second half performance into first half performances in the next two games, get two up and then hang on for dear life :tu:

When do we ever start games trying to take the lead or even win

Defensive line up

Keep it tight

Go behind

Keep it tight

Maybe go behind again

Last 20 mins bring on an attacking player

Throw kitchen sink at it for 10-15 mins

Maybe score or even draw

"Feels like a win"

Rinse, repeat

• Backroom

I commented at weekend but just how many times this season have we had to resort to throwing the kitchen sink late on and the ineffective tactic of throwing Duffy up top?

certainly every game I have seen this has happened, it's like a token effort to show how much we want to win when in reality we've never been set up to win!

Archived