BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr Away- 16Th Sept

Just a short preview from me mainly based on the ground.

Luckily (!) I already had work meetings booked in down in London for the Wednesday to Friday so this one works out well. I have also kindly been given two tickets by a QPR 1st team player.

This is one of my favourite grounds. Old fashioned, lots of atmosphere when full and good decent support thanks to a well established community programme (a bit like Rovers used to do in the good old days).

You feel as though you are very close to the pitch and players. Rovers will have the top tier only and should produce a decent atmosphere and noise even if only a few hundred attend.

As for the game it is easy to be doom and gloom so I will largely pass on that except to say this will be a toughie for us. I am looking forward to seeing Hanley as I regard him as one of our most improved players this season and he will need to be on top form at Loftus Road. Given the size of the outfield I expect Spurr will need to start his throw ins from the back of the stands. I am also looking forward to seeing our new exciting attacking format.

I would say a 2-0 win to Roves and another clean sheet from our Titans along with good support for GB.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

We always seem to have a good turnout whenever we play in London, so I'd expect this game to be no different.

Although I'm rarely optimistic about us playing anyone these days, I feel this is one of those games we can get a result from, as QPR went down the same route of over-promoting a coach that we did and we could catch them out. They also seem to have sold a lot of their better players.

got my ticket for this gonna be on the coach from ewood at 12.

Its not impossible for us to get a result but i think QPR are slight favorites even with rob green out. Id be happy with a draw away from home.

Im out in london after the game so i will either be celebrating or drowning my sorrows, just hope Guinness isn't 4.90 a pint like normal down there.

got my ticket for this gonna be on the coach from ewood at 12.

Its not impossible for us to get a result but i think QPR are slight favorites even with rob green out. Id be happy with a draw away from home.

Im out in london after the game so i will either be celebrating or drowning my sorrows, just hope Guinness isn't 4.90 a pint like normal down there.

My only suggestion is find out where the nearest Sam Smiths is. No guiness but the beer is so much cheaper than anywhere else. Nice pubs too.

Rob Green has just been sent off for QPR an is out of Wednesday's game. God I'm really clutching at straws now.

Forest just gone 2-1 up due to another goalkeeping gaffe.

Green being out would work against us wouldn't it, goofy buggar that Green is.

• Backroom

Koita in place Delfy and Olsson in for the abysmal Spurr. Evans actually put in a decent shift today so I'd be tempted to keep him in the team, as too many changes will work against us.

We'll still lose but it might only be by one or two instead of three or four.

Archived