BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr Away- 16Th Sept

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowyer is incapable of having a go. Until we are 2-0 down, by then it's too late.

Yeah funnily enough he fails to add that little caveat. We gave it a right good go once the game was lost.

Same old vs QPR odd selections, odd tactics, will more than likely have to score 2 to draw 3 to win. Then have to endure a boring delusional excuse for a manager reel off his tried and tested excuses. So nothing new pretty much how it's been for 2 years. I for one am thoroughly fed up with it.

No idea why, but I'm thinking of going to this one :wacko:

Play like we did in the 2nd half and we'll get our first win, Rhodes is another game along in his attempts to regain full fitness so that can only be a good thing.

1-1

QPR will be smarting from their home defeat to Forest, which was going so swimmingly until their keeper got himself sent off.

Not confident...Rovers will be sulking after today. Another defeat.

2 - 0

Yes QPR would probably have won if not for the sending off.

QPR are the only London Club I don't actively dislike.

Season starts here

We are only 8 points off a play of place ^_^

When I was younger I liked their flair players like Stan Bowles, Marsh, Francis and when they signed Tony Currie. Plus they had a nice blue on their shirts!

I've only grown to dislike them the last few years tbf. I guess it's not so much QPR, but the fact the FA have allowed them to get away with murder, presumably just because they're a 'big' London club.

I also didn't like the treatment of their fans with the owners charging extortionate ticket prices.

I've only grown to dislike them the last few years tbf. I guess it's not so much QPR, but the fact the FA have allowed them to get away with murder, presumably just because they're a 'big' London club.

I also didn't like the treatment of their fans with the owners charging extortionate ticket prices.

Good point. The perception of them has been affected by their current ownership who is another arrogant so and so and they are getting favourable treatment re FFP being from London.

Really? I think they're the only London club I actively dislike!

I resent how much money they have wasted. It's shameful just from a decency perspective.

In terms of London clubs I loathe Chelsea and Tottenham for the conduct of their chairmen who use cash to bully other clubs. West Ham are also suffering from having total bellends as chairmen. Arsenal to their credit are a bit better on that front.

However the clubs I have always liked are the smaller ones - Crystal Palace, Fulham, Charlton. Still community clubs despite being in the metropolis. And all of them have produced decent sides since the Premier League era began.

Oh apart from Millwall who are just awful by any given metric to be honest.

I resent how much money they have wasted. It's shameful just from a decency perspective.

In terms of London clubs I loathe Chelsea and Tottenham for the conduct of their chairmen who use cash to bully other clubs. West Ham are also suffering from having total bellends as chairmen. Arsenal to their credit are a bit better on that front.

However the clubs I have always liked are the smaller ones - Crystal Palace, Fulham, Charlton. Still community clubs despite being in the metropolis. And all of them have produced decent sides since the Premier League era began.

Oh apart from Millwall who are just awful by any given metric to be honest.

Yes Joey, agreed. I struggle with how much we have wasted and how we have acted on the decency front as well.

Must say I hated Palace for years though. Had a bad day down there! Like us, Fulham and Charlton both did well for years to play at the highest level but were always up against it and had a couple of near misses before falling. Was glad for a while that Chelsea mixed it up but the Mourinho circus is tiresome and 30+ players on loan a joke.

Nothing against QPR. We need a win badly but I wouldn't risk my last fiver betting on us doing it tomorrow.

Think the difference between the two sides might prove to be the extra day's recovery time QPR will have had. It was a huge effort from Rovers on Sunday for no return and psychologically, there may well be some tired bodies and minds.

I would go with: Steele / Henley, Kilgallon, Hanley, Olsson / Conway, Akpan, Gutherie, Marshall / Koita, Rhodes

Defence needs a football brain (Kilgallon) to organise it and some pace down the left side (Olsson). Centre midfield is the major problem area - not seen enough of Akpan but can he be worse than Evans / Williamson; similarly Guthrie flatters to deceive, neat and tidy with no real output and so one paced. Koita seems to make things happen and I would give him a run - better to take him off after 60 minutes when winning than throw him on after 60 minutes when losing !

As always, first goal will be key. Think QPR will just sneak it.

Do we make the "Bowyer Out" posters for QPR away or wait until Charlton at home on Saturday?

Definitely get them out for the QPR game, we need to force the issue ASAP but if I may suggest the approach I intend to take... A simple poster/banner that says 'RESIGN'. A little less confrontational for those a bit touchy and yet sends a clear message to the manager. His resignation would be the best possible outcome in this situation where he'd still leave with some respect. The longer he defiantly stays there after these clear messages will therefore only be his fault when it becomes more nasty.

Or Boll*cks to it and go for the jugular...

BOWYER OUT!!!

Archived