BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City (A) Saturday 26Th September 3Pm, Kc Stadium

K-Hod

Don't remembsr the year but Hird scored a cracker we won 1-0 (i think) good following in the covered side, bit like the old Longside.

As for present day, scared by the fact his team has shown signs of playing some positive football Bowyer will change the line up. Our Keystone Cops defence will have nothing up front to help them out with their calamitous charitable defending. 3-0 to Hull. At least.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always remember going to Hull circa 1977, we'd stayed over in digs the night before the game. We were somewhere in the city, got on a bus to take us either into the city or to the ground and you were sat upstairs Phil. Do you remember that? Can't remember the score but do remember that I was with Exiled in Toronto!

Yes I remember going to matches at Hull but I think the time we met up on the bus with Exiled in Toronto was the away game in the FA Cup 4th round against Derby County at the Baseball Ground.

Yes the Hird cracker was that fantastic season when we came 5th in the old second division playing some of the most entertaining cavaliering football Rovers have ever consistently produced. We took some hammerings that season but we gave some out too and Hird scored two or three like that belter at Boothferry Park. Also recall an earlier midweek game when Graham Oates got a rare start through injury to Faz and looped a header over everyone from near the edge of the box for the only goal of the game.

About 15 years later when Hull had come back up to the second level we played the at Boothferry Park when the away section had become a tiny behind the goal pen squeezed in by a supermarket- Hull scored two in the first half also both headers from the edge of the box. We pegged them back to 2-2, our equaliser was a thumping cracker from the right edge of the box but cannot remember who got it.

Yes I remember going to matches at Hull but I think the time we met up on the bus with Exiled in Toronto was the away game in the FA Cup 4th round against Derby County at the Baseball Ground.

Yes the Hird cracker was that fantastic season when we came 5th in the old second division playing some of the most entertaining cavaliering football Rovers have ever consistently produced. We took some hammerings that season but we gave some out too and Hird scored two or three like that belter at Boothferry Park. Also recall an earlier midweek game when Graham Oates got a rare start through injury to Faz and looped a header over everyone from near the edge of the box for the only goal of the game.

About 15 years later when Hull had come back up to the second level we played the at Boothferry Park when the away section had become a tiny behind the goal pen squeezed in by a supermarket- Hull scored two in the first half also both headers from the edge of the box. We pegged them back to 2-2, our equaliser was a thumping cracker from the right edge of the box but cannot remember who got it.

Think it was Mark Patterson.

At least our two donkeys Jason Lowe who I really hope goes to West Brom and Chris Brown are unavailable.

The worring thing is Spurr is back.

Spurr will play, Bowyer, 'very difficult decision but Spurry with his set pieces gives us an added dimension'.

• Moderation Lead

Thanks for the pre-view K-Hod. You lot and your pies make me laugh. One day you will realise it's not proper food!

All away games are tough. Would settle for a draw and clean sheet. Think we might lose by the odd goal however. Hull 2 Rovers 1.

It's a rare treat having a pie for me these days, I was about 4 stone heavier in 2009. Probably fair to say the last sentence has something to do with it!

Evans' comments I found interesting. "They have a giid, experienced manager". For some reason I took that as him intimating perhaps we don't. Me being the cynic maybe?

Hopefully we don't change the starting 11, although there is a case for Lawrence starting, probably for Koita.

I'd take a draw.

Start with the same 11 but bring Lawrence on for Koita sooner.

4th in the table, unbeaten in 5 home games conceding just two goals.

A point would be a good result here.

It's the sort of game where a loss would normally be tolerable but due to our poor start a draw is barely acceptable.

Its really interesting one for Bowyer. Do we revert to defensive type or does he stick with the aggressive pressing attacking set up. I guess we will get an idea when the lineup comes out.

ROVERS: Steele, Henley, Hanley ©, Duffy, Olsson, Conway, Evans, Guthrie, Marshall, Lawrence, Rhodes.

Rovers subs: Raya, Spurr, Lenihan, Williamson, Akpan, O'Sullivan, Delfouneso.

Koita out knee injured

Hull team

McGregor, Odubajo, Davies, Huddlestone, Hernandez, Clucas, Diame, Akpom, Dawson ©, Robertson, Elmohamady.

Archived