BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

Souness ..pearson ....moyes..mcdermott (is he available no idea...) ...roy kean ...and just to upset nobbers Grayson.

someone i know knows the fat nobber well and he says ..if anyone can convince Moyes Derek can...just leave Grayson alone.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be clear, the new manager needs to be someone who can get more than the average out of what's become a pretty ordinary squad.

And might have to do it without Rhodes from January and with no money to spend and the FFP embargo still ongoing.

Provided promotion this season (or maybe even next) isn't expected, then it makes for an interesting challenge for a coach with a point to prove.

Moyes with Billy McKinley would be an interesting choice and will be speculated upon simply due to him still living in Grimsargh and being friends with Shaw.

However, is the Moyes we want the 15 years ago version?

I'd take Moyes, but a more knowledgeable, shrewder owner would be looking to unearth the next young managerial gem like Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche. Oh wait......

There is no way Moyes would agree to go down to the Championship. No way at all IMO.

Be waiting for an Xmas SOS Prem call... although the usual suspects - Sunderland and Villa are now out the running.

No money to spend is going to rule allot of people out putting there own stamp on things.

• Backroom

There is no way Moyes would agree to go down to the Championship. No way at all IMO.

I'd tend to agree, but his reputation has taken a serious battering after failing so badly at United and struggling at Sociedad. The link to Shelfy is an interesting caveat too.

Saying that, I don't expect him to drop to the Championship either. Lambert is certainly a realistic possibility though.

Moyes hasn't had the best of times over the last two years, the debacle at Man Utd which I don't think he can take all the blame for. The reign in Spain never came along for him either so maybe a drop down and build himself back up could be a good thing. Just depends what other offers he has on the table from any struggling Prem teams. The betting at the moment is leaning towards Lambert and I would go for that as long as we get the Norwich Lambert and not the Villa Lambert, although who does well at Villa anyway.

Moyes I think is too soon, he was only sacked a couple of days ago, it's hardly time to organise travel back to the UK then negotiate a new deal along with his backroom team. Plus normally theres a period of time to negotiate a settlement. Similar situation with Sherwood.

I can't see Pearson being interested either.

• Backroom

Moyes I think is too soon, he was only sacked a couple of days ago, it's hardly time to organise travel back to the UK then negotiate a new deal along with his backroom team. Plus normally theres a period of time to negotiate a settlement. Similar situation with Sherwood.

I can't see Pearson being interested either.

He was in the UK when the decision was made, apparently.

David Moyes? Is everyone here sniffing glue? Has everyone forgotten what we are now? Imagine his wage demands!!!

Failing to succeed an absolute one-off at United and in a foreign country does not suddenly put him at our level.

Would be delighted with Lambert. Or Sherwood for the bantz.

Archived