BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. It is already 99% decided & either Paul Lambert or Slavisa Jokanovic will replace Gary Bowyer #rovers #brfc (Moyes was never in the running)

0 retweets0 likes
    Retweet
    More
  2. Slavisa Jokanovic has links to Pini Zahavi - the agent that still advises the owners. He fancies the job but up to last week Mrs D said no

0 retweets0 likes
    Retweet
    More
  3. Lambert talked to the owners just over a week ago, however don't discount Slavisa Jokanovic #rovers #brfc

0 retweets0 likes
    Retweet
    More
  4. Shaw has fancied Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink for a while, however he won't have much influence #rovers #brfc

Not sure what Mark's sources are on this info, but worth posting anyway...

Hasselbaink's name was being whispered at the Burnley game.

I was sat close to Shaw at the Burnley game and I said on here that his face at the end of the game told a story - it was time for managerial change.

Hasselbaink's name was being whispered at the Burnley game.

I was sat close to Shaw at the Burnley game and I said on here that his face at the end of the game told a story - it was time for managerial change.

Not sure I buy that Mercer. I doubt Shaw realises when it's time to eat. If breathing wasn't involuntary I think he'd struggle to do that.

I reckon whoever it is will sign very soon. Usually the new manager comes in and makes the decision on back room staff. So getting rid of all but one of them suggests the new man has told them what he requires.

It also suggests the new man has experience.

Fingers crossed.

English experience preferred for me.

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14022137.Blackburn_Rovers_aim_for_swift_appointment_after_owners_Venky_s_sack_boss_Gary_Bowyer/

Eric Kinder and John Filan will take training tomorrow.

Bowyer took training yesterday and his staff were shocked to be sacked

I'll bet they were shocked. They never expected the gravy train to hit the buffers quite so suddenly I suppose.

I'd had enough last season but given they were playing pre season 20 minutes walk away from my house in Rochdale I thought I'd given them another go. That was the worst Rovers team I''d seen in a long, long time. We'd nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing. We'd no coherent means of getting the ball from back to front. The defence was all over place and leaked like sieve, the attack was toothless. First half they were all over us like a rash and missed 3 or 4 chances. When Williamson was head and shoulders our best player you know you've got problems. We were beyond poor and Rochdale out played us convincingly. When we went 2-1 down after being 1-0 up we'd no answer, no fight or spirit, we were never going to get back into the game and we didn't. To the players and staff it appeared to be be just another bad day at the office.

We looked like eleven guys who'd just met 10 minutes before the game. Coaching ? What coaching ? We were embarrassing. We'd played poorly and lost to an inferior side from a lower league and nobody looked in the slightest bit concerned. As my son and I walked off the ground I said unless changes are made we'll be lucky if there are three teams in this league that are worse than us this season.

Changes have been made and we've given ourselves a fighting chance of looking like a football team again. Let's just hope we make the right choice this time.

I just hope that we steer well clear of Holloway and McLeish. Also need to think with our heads rather than our hearts and as such avoid a Tugay/Sherwood/Dunny appointment.

I'd sooner have Lambert than Jokanovic. The latter did well at Watford but very different conditions to Rovers. I think Rovers are more like the Norwich that Lambert inherited at this moment in time.

'Venkys, for the first time in the five years that they have owned Rovers, are looking to appoint an experienced boss.'

Makes you want to weep, what an unnecessary waste it's all been.

....senior advisor working out of Ewood for nearly a month...

Sounds like Venkys made the decision a while ago. Also sounds like they don't fully trust Shaw too.

Do not be surprised if there are more changes to come at Ewood.

Feels like this 'senior advisor' was on a mission and we may well be about to see a new ruthless approach to the lethargy at Ewood. Sacking five in one day is indicative of a new ruthless approach.

Do not be surprised if there are more changes to come at Ewood.

Feels like this 'senior advisor' was on a mission and we may well be about to see a new ruthless approach to the lethargy at Ewood. Sacking five in one day is indicative of a new ruthless approach.

Plus they've kept Jonno who at least appears to know what he's doing.

Well I certainly did see that one coming. I was convinced that Mrs D would continue to support GB.

The fact that they got rid of the entire backroom staff suggests that Mrs D listened to her senior advisor who was here for a month and that they are very confident of getting whoever the new manager is going to be.

The main thing that I respect about you Kamy is that you don't come on here chatting nonsense and throwing enough muck at the wall that hopefully some will stick. You can't get them all right and i look forward to seeing any scraps of info that you can unearth.

• Backroom
Blackburn are 16th in the Championship but Bowyer has had to work under the restrictions of a transfer embargo for much of his reign while seeking to straighten out the mess he inherited when landing the job permanently in 2013 following two stints are caretaker.

Much of his reign? Really? I suppose he has if you discount everything before this January...

The fact that there has been a mass clearing of the decks, with not only Bowyer going but also all his coaching staff, certainly points towards someone already waiting in the wings to take over and bring his own team in.

This might just be wishful thinking, but it really would be a new low for Venkys if they had potted Bowyer and his staff without a new team ready to come in.

The fact that Jokanovic is employed by Maccabi Tel Aviv, and as yet they haven't made an announcement about an approach, to me suggests that he isn't the man. Nigel Pearson always works with Craig Shakespeare who is still employed at Leicester, and there has been nothing at that end either.

Lambert and his friends could be lined up quietly with no leaks.

We need to decide as a club what structure we want to work in. If we want to persist with the more traditional structure of a manager who takes responsibility for the whole football operation, as Bowyer did, from the academy, to scouts, to transfers and coaching staff, then we need to go for a proven man - Lambert, Pearson, Moyes etc.who have shown before that they can handle the pressures and expectations.

If we want to go down the 'head coach' route then that is when we should be considering the likes of Jokanovic or Hasselbaink. But to do that we will need to bring in a director of football who is going to work with the new coach in signing players and scouting etc.

Archived