BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Lambert is employed today with his back room staff, I'd have to say I'm suprised and positively behind him as manager!

I'm also glad to see Venkys are finally seemingly starting to do things properly! Only took 5 years. Maybe there is a way back for them in the fans eyes, if there is - this seemingly is a start.

Also - the first person to complain about Lamberts interviews is getting blocked and iggied:)

Living in Norwich and having many Norwich supporting, season ticket holding friends I can tell you that they were gutted when Lambert left.

They also raved about the brand of football they played under him and the way that he united everyone, creating a feel good atmosphere and buzz around not only the football club, but the city itself. He apparently was no push over on the discipline side too, might be just what we need after the very pally Bowyer?

I've a Norwich supporting mate and he was raving about them during their promotion to the prem year.

The Villa job killed him. Still, in the past we've done well out of giving managers a second chance to prove themselves?

We could probably do with playing with a dogs of war attitude. Like when Sparky was in charge. What's "The Axe" up to these days? :lol:

If Lambert is employed today with his back room staff, I'd have to say I'm suprised and positively behind him as manager!

I'm also glad to see Venkys are finally seemingly starting to do things properly! Only took 5 years. Maybe there is a way back for them in the fans eyes, if there is - this seemingly is a start.

Also - the first person to complain about Lamberts interviews is getting blocked and iggied:)

Calm yourself J. No one has been appointed yet, take a deep breath and look at the destruction they've caused... Believe it when you see it.

i remember that. They weren't putting in any effort and were all transferred listed soon after. Who at Rovers should Bowyer have done that to?

It's hard to say really. I don't think we've got any real wasters. Just an average group of players who are low on confidence and need some inspiration, discipline, structure, etc. Someone to blow away the smell of pessimism that pervades the club.The real wasters - Best, Murphy, et al have been got rid of.

• Backroom

The Villa job killed him. Still, in the past we've done well out of giving managers a second chance to prove themselves?

Absolutely, Souness being the prime example. Lambert has everything a fan could realistically want - experience at the highest level, promotion from the lower leagues, a willingness to learn and by all accounts doesn't suffer fools gladly.

It seems too good to be true.

I'm just happy that for the first time since Venky's took over we're being linked with solely experienced managers!

No ex Blackburn players with a season or two in some foreign league, no first team coaches as they're all gone.. things are looking up!

I would have liked Jovanovich to come in, where ever he has gone before he has turned the club around. Look at what he did at Watford. Still, getting Lambert also sounds good. At last a light at the end of the tunnel. Lets hope that one of the conditions of him taking over is that Venkys pay us out of the embargo and invest in a few more decent players

Talk sport seem to think it's definitely Lambert.

I have to say if it comes off

1) Great appointment

2) The likes of Stuart et al were saying we could get a decent experienced manager even in embargo. I said that was impossible as we are a total mess and no one with a CV would risk it here. If Lambert comes then obviously I was totally wrong! Pleased to be so as well.

Talk sport seem to think it's definitely Lambert.

I have to say if it comes off

1) Great appointment

2) The likes of Stuart et al were saying we could get a decent experienced manager even in embargo. I said that was impossible as we are a total mess and no one with a CV would risk it here. If Lambert comes then obviously I was totally wrong! Pleased to be so as well.

A) Being on the dole with a damaged reputation. B) Managing a reasonably high profile Championship club with a chance to restore your reputation. Let me think about that for a second or two.

I'd be happy with Lambert, he's got a proven promotion track record.

I'm flabbergasted that Venkys seem to be making a sensible decision - possibly the first since they joined?

Just hope that Lambert isn't using Rovers to flush out another offer from other clubs.

Asked Wheelock about it, he usually gets back to me with this sort of thing... Don't trust talksport.

Well, with the odds being so short, and the multiple new sources seeming convinced its Lambert and the entire backroom staff being kicked out, not just GB, my assumption is that it has to be all done and dusted with Lambert coming in.

If that isn't the case and we havent got anyone lined up then it could be a real car crash as we scramble around trying to find someone who wants the job, which might not include any of the attractive names being bounced around.

Third option is there is someone, not Lambert, lined up. Moyes seems a non starter on that front. He would never need a job like ours. Jovakonovic maybe, but really on spec to agree a job and staff while running a CL club? Can't see it. Only other name in the frame I could see maybe being lined up properly is possibly Sherwood. But he's only just been sacked and will want to take stock before jumping into our job imo as well as agree the staff.

If the Lambert thing falls through I will be getting worried.

A) Being on the dole with a damaged reputation. B) Managing a reasonably high profile Championship club with a chance to restore your reputation. Let me think about that for a second or two.

Other clubs better resourced than us and not in embargo who would take Lambert. A prime example being Fulham now. Wonder if they have approached Lambert and this could mess with our game plan.

If I was Lambert (Rovers sympathies aside) and I looked across the division there would be 6-8 other jobs I would fancy before the Ewood Park hotseat, and I would know my CV would mean I was a prime candidate.

Does anyone else get a feeling of impending doom? We're all going to be much let down by this appointment.

Time will tell.

The complete opposite. Optimism and excitement (If it is Lambert).

A proven no nonsense man manager, promotions on his CV, renowned contacts in the game.

Everything Bowyer isn't. He was doom personified.

Every Rovers fan should rejoice and celebrate!

I'm sure Lambert mustve been given assurances regarding plans for the future (meaning we will actually plan an assault on promotion), otherwise he'dve bided his time some more, surely ?

The comeback starts now. :brfc:

Archived