BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

I went down to the Remembrance ceremony at Ewood this morning and fully expected Derek Shaw to be there but he wasn't. I know he only bothers coming in to work a few days a week but would have been nice to show his face. Maybe he was busy talking to a prospective manager, or maybe, just maybe, Venkys have told him where to go.

He was yesterday !

My post from the 8th november

Posted by yoda on 08 November 2015 - 20:59 PM in Football Messageboard

I reckon the Venky's are waiting for Moyes to be potted, as advised by Degsy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just can't see Lambert being hired. Hopefully I am wrong because he could do a lot here. It just Venky's we are talking about here. They haven't done anything right when it comes down to a huge desicion like this. Lambert seems like a guy who could take a challenge like this job. But again, would Venky's pay him wages he is used to? Really hope this is the turning point for the club but we have to wait and see.

I see it as a win win situation for any manager coming in. Probably decent wages, club in a little mess sitting in 16th and under performing. Huge task to get promotion, if it fails and he's sacked a parachute payment awaits and his reputation intact (blame the Venky's). I think they have someone lined up already, only small details (like getting backroom staff deals sorted) remain.

I do think the club needs to figure out its financial strategy more than anything. We can have the best manager in the world, but if we can't get out (and stay out) of the transfer embargo, we will have little or no muscles when it comes to fighting for promotion. Our best chance of promotion was a straight bounce back up after a season or two in the Championship.

For sentimental reasons I'd love Souness back, but he might be so much out of touch by now, my second choice would be Pearson and third Lambert. Would be more than happy with Lambert and since he's been out of a job for a while he might feel he has something to prove.

Part of me expects another dobbin/novice to come in. So I am trying to ignore the hope of a Lambert, and I expect Gullit, Jewell or Tony Adams.

It is being reported that Lambert will be announced later today as the new Blackburn manager along with Alan Irvine as his assistant, fantastic if true, also rumours Degsy not part of Bowyer sacking or New manager looks like hes potted as well, what a good week this could be.

It is being reported that Lambert will be announced later today as the new Blackburn manager along with Alan Irvine as his assistant, fantastic if true, also rumours Degsy not part of Bowyer sacking or New manager looks like hes potted as well, what a good week this could be.

Maybe it went something like this ; -

" Well Madam D we are both very grateful for the offer and would normally jump at the chance to work for you at your historic football club,

but unfortunately my assistant refuses to work with Mr Shaw as he considers him to be a shyster and a right plonker."

" Oh we know that gentleman, don't worry I've been waiting for an excuse to pot him for ages "

Only mention Megson as I got a text an hour ago off a guy I used to work with saying Megson was in Khyber's in Whalley at a table with 'small tubby fella wearing a jacket with Rovers emblem...'

Could be BS but this is Venky's isn't it?

Megson might have wanted some shelving for his shed

Only mention Megson as I got a text an hour ago off a guy I used to work with saying Megson was in Khyber's in Whalley at a table with 'small tubby fella wearing a jacket with Rovers emblem...'

Could be BS but this is Venky's isn't it?

Sounds like you've taken the bait there fella...

Archived