BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

I saw the highlights of the Wigan match and said to my husband what was the last time we saw that style of football in a league match at ewood and we couldn't remember. They passed and moved forwards, not backwards or sideways unless that was necessary. When they attacked they looked threatening not indecisive

When we took apart Charlton, Ipswich and Leeds. Wait, not Leeds, we beat them at Elland, sorry.

So when we took apart Charlton and Ipswich.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nixon

@reluctantnicko: @willtyrrell Most of work been done. But not finalised just yet. It's Lamberts job unless there is a cock up.

And this is now where the cretins really come into their own. If history has taught us one thing, it's there will be some sort of hitch/breakdown because of our beloved rich people who are temporarily in charge.

I agree with most of that. However if any of the top four choices were successful they'd be off if a Premier League club came in. That's the way of the World unfortunately.

True, but then Moyes would be off sooner than the others. He's still seen as a 'proper PL' manager and will therefore be higher up on Swansea's/Stoke's/Newcastle's list than the others.

That's not a very nice thing to say. Bowyer, for all his faults, did a decent job. Granted, 3 wins in 16 is just not good enough, but comments like "doom personified" are uncalled for. He's a lot better than Kea - He Who Shall Not Be Named. I almost forgot BRFCS censored his name.

Might not be nice, but it's true.

Complete and utter novice and failure. Promoted way above his abilities. Out of his depth tactically, and would only have taken us down to league one.

Good riddance to him.

1. @exiledlanc @willtyrrell This is a big test. There's a lot more to this than immediately comes to light.

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

2. @reluctantnicko @exiledlanc @willtyrrell any truth in Shaw leaving ?

1 retweet0 likes

Retweet

View Tweet activity

More

1. @exiledlanc @willtyrrell This is a big test. There's a lot more to this than immediately comes to light.

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

@reluctantnicko @willtyrrell Intriguing. Care to divulge? ;-)

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

@exiledlanc @willtyrrell Will be doing a few stories in coming days. Surprise in store. And maybe a good one.

Might not be nice, but it's true.

Complete and utter novice and failure. Promoted way above his abilities. Out of his depth tactically, and would only have taken us down to league one.

Good riddance to him.

It's not true.

If getting 8th and 9th in the Championship is considered a "complete and utter novice and failure", I think the other 14 or 13 managers whose teams finished below us are...well, I don't know. Don't forget, Bowyer finished above Mick McCarthy in his first season in charge. An experienced manager.

Granted, this season is a failure, but you really are being quite...toxic toward Bowyer and promptly forgetting the good stuff he's done. I'm not saying you should be grateful and worship him, but the hate and venom are all undeserved.

0 retweets0 likes
    Retweet
    More
  2. @reluctantnicko @exiledlanc @willtyrrell any truth in Shaw leaving ?

1 retweet0 likes
    Retweet
    View Tweet activity
    More

Oh this could be more exciting than yesterday's news, the V's appointing a decent manager and a decent MD in the same week?

• Moderation Lead

Why do people on twitter still think Nixon's in the know? He'll be lapping up this attention in front of the mirror, holding a picture of himself posing for a selfie I bet.

It's not true.

If getting 8th and 9th in the Championship is considered a "complete and utter novice and failure", I think the other 14 or 13 managers whose teams finished below us are...well, I don't know. Don't forget, Bowyer finished above Mick McCarthy in his first season in charge. An experienced manager.

Granted, this season is a failure, but you really are being quite...toxic toward Bowyer and promptly forgetting the good stuff he's done. I'm not saying you should be grateful and worship him, but the hate and venom are all undeserved.

Put me on ignore then, so my toxic nature doesn't contaminate your brfcc experience.

If we have potted the entire back room team while being at the stage of not even formally approaching a manager (as would be the case with someone currently employed) then we are in a very very bad place. Every chance we would be turned down the approach, or the manager would reject us, and we will be left trying to run the club with 2 coaches.

Nightmare scenario.

Good point although perhaps it makes it more attractive being able to bring in your team? Maybe there's an in work then out of work option? Or perhaps that's too much thinking for Venkys. Didn't we sound out the former Watford guy who's in a job?

Having 3 or 4 comparative clubs needing managers does mean there's a bit more of a time pressure on to get someone in though.

I know its Nixon, but...

If on day one, Venkys sack GB, day two hire Lambert and sack Shaw and day three bring back John Williams.. I think i'd be warming to them?!

We could win the Champions League five times on the bounce and i would never forgive these cretins for what they have done/are doing.

Why do people on twitter still think Nixon's in the know? He'll be lapping up this attention in front of the mirror, holding a picture of himself posing for a selfie I bet.

He's got a mixed record but he seems on top of the Lambert story.

The other stuff he's alluding to I don't think it's worth paying attention to until he provides actual names.

• Backroom

Whilst I would take anything Nixon says with a pinch of salt - is it possible Venky's advisor was not just looking at Bowyer? Perhaps he was looking at the whole structure and has reported back on Shaw's uselessness as well.

Archived