BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when Megson took over at Bolton and El Hadj Diouf turned up to his first team talk in a ginger wig? Cracked me up that.

Would loved to have seen Kean's face when Diouf turned up at training with his Scottish Premiership winners medal, what a guy!

According to Nixon, Lambert hasn't said yes yet and this is all Balaji's project.

Balaji throwing his money in again? Last time that happened we got Rhodes.

Fingers crossed.

Is Balaji the only one of the Venky's that seems to be a bit interested? If it is Lambert I hope he pulls it off.

Would loved to have seen Kean's face when Diouf turned up at training with his Scottish Premiership winners medal, what a guy!

Did I just read the words "Love" "Kean's" and "face" in one sentence?

I reckon Lambert will be using our interest to leverage a move to London with QPR or Fulham.

Like Harry the B*stard did.

A quick question too those who haven't got a season ticket this season, would a good managerial appointment tempt you back too ewood with a half season ticket?

Been sharing my dad's... Would probably get another if it's a good appointment.

Would anyone else take a punt on Gary Megson? Knows the area, we could probably get him on a cheap rolling contract.

I think this would finally make me run onto the turf and throw my season ticket at the dugout

My concern is that Fulham will express an interest and that Lambert will fancy a crack there rather than here. I would hope that we have got him more firmly committed to the job before sacking Bowyer and all his staff, but that might be too much to ask.

I don't see QPR coming in. I think they are looking for a 'head coach' and are more likely to go down the line of a younger coach who will report to Les Ferdinand. If they can't find one of those then I can see Warnock staying in place until the end of the season.

I wouldn't pay an ounce of attention to what Talk Sport say. They are clueless.

I also find it interesting that the Lancashire Telegraph have no more idea what is happening than any of us on here. They are well and truly out of the loop these days and only ever get the official club line. Their story this afternoon about the embargo not affecting managerial compensation is straight out of the rule book and is not based on any 'in the know' info.

We really need this announcing later today or tomorrow at the latest. If we've heard nothing by this time tomorrow then I will be starting to get worried.

Do not be surprised if there are more changes to come at Ewood.

Feels like this 'senior advisor' was on a mission and we may well be about to see a new ruthless approach to the lethargy at Ewood. Sacking five in one day is indicative of a new ruthless approach.

So folk are now speculating about Shaw's position.

Think there's been something brewing behind the scenes at Ewood for a little while now - the donning of tin hats at Rovers may be advisable.

Well if all the changes are true, think we should be praising the new Venky's eyes and ears that's been over at Ewood, must admit if it all comes off I like the sound of the guy

Funny how every time they send someone over big changes get made. Just shows how some football people probably take the @#/? behind the scenes when there is no one to watch over them, stupid industry that it is. If they'd had there eyes on the ball or rather eyes on a pair of twohats from the beginning we might never have come to this.

Here's a tip for them, employ someone proper full time to run the show here and be their man on the ground ! Maybe even this fella they've had here as it sounds like he's no Shebby.

• Backroom

This could be true or completely false so take it with a pinch of salt.

I work with the girlfriend of one of the groudsmen at Rovers... supposedly Derek Shaw is in India.

This could be true or completely false so take it with a pinch of salt.

I work with the girlfriend of one of the groudsmen at Rovers... supposedly Derek Shaw is in India.

He's been all over today, tickled trout, Moyes pad, out with megson and now in India.

Would be justice if Shaw was in India and told to find his own way home as the company was not paying.

I'm sure he wouldn't struggle with the pay off they'd have to give him. Unfortunately.

Archived