BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pearson has just jumped to 1/4 for the QPR job. Lambert is about 8/1, and around the same for Lambert to go to Fulham (Pearson and Jimmy Floyd are favourites there).

Like others I hope we focus on one guy, and don't mess them about by chasing an unrealistic candidate on the side. Otherwise we'll end up with a tit like Megson as a booby prize.

Firstly, it is still more than possible that we will appoint Lambert or someone of similar quality, and 95% of us will be happy.

What I don't get is why so many of us became so convinced that this time our owners and executives would somehow make a competent footballing decision (which would cost them millions more than the existing management team).

I thought that this was highly unlikely, given that 95% of decisions made over the last 3 years have taken us backwards and seemed almost designed to wipe out 30 years of excellent work.

We must take every rumour, as that's all the speculation is, with a massive pinch of salt.

Again, I accept (and pray) that we may appoint a decent manager by Saturday. It is one of the many possibilities.

Really? That's a bit of a weird position to have. So you would sack someone even if the best person you could replace them with was significantly worse than the person sacked?

That does not strike me as a great strategic plan.

We posters don't get a say on who's appointed, so don't see how we can look dumb.

Some of us though, can work out whether Bowyer could get us to where we need to be.

Oh dear are we going back to 'nobody's blue and white army'. I think that was Barnsley away?

Surely they have this sorted?

maybe everything is in place and they haven't announced today because it was too early after GB sacking.........then again....Venkys...

If we land Lambert people wanting Bowyer out are going to look very smart. If we land Juden Ali they are going to look very stupid.

Whether getting rid of Bowyer is a good idea or not totally depends on who we get in. As a statement on its own it doesn't really say anything.

Regardless of who comes in bowyer wasn't good enough. So wanting him out was the correct smart decision. At this point no one except the owners can look foolish or cleaver depending who they appoint. If they get another cone man in they add to their foolishness.

Whoever is our next manager will surely have asked the question as to who on the Exec Management side they will be working with.

I think you will find that there is a new CEO or MD lurking in the shadows overseeing all this.

Wait wait wait. Let me get this right. We sack the entire coaching staff, and only announcing a manager over the weekend?

Why would we do that, if we don't have anybody lined up, or spoke to anybody yet? This bunch from India are PuneAtics of the highest order

What is very clear was the time was right for a change.

Who????? Any from the names indicated would be a step forward.

Will Shaw still be in place??-again not clear.

However,

What is really refreshing for me is the lack of leaks/way this is being conducted outside of the public/journalistic world. Not seen here since the days of Williams.

Bowyer removed from duties-no indication until it happened. I Presume he was also told before it was made public!!!! (again refreshing).

Hopefully over the next few days an official announcement is made and all is clear-until then i'm happy to be in the dark until all is finalized out of the public eyes.

Finally it doesn't seem like part of a circus show.

We posters don't get a say on who's appointed, so don't see how we can look dumb.

Some of us though, can work out whether Bowyer could get us to where we need to be.

You're turning into Gordon, not a good place to be den 😉

Whoever is our next manager will surely have asked the question as to who on the Exec Management side they will be working with.

I think you will find that there is a new CEO or MD lurking in the shadows overseeing all this.

If so, I hope they're more John Williams and less Shebby Singh or Paul Agnew. I still expect Shaw to remain though .

If so, I hope they're more John Williams and less Shebby Singh or Paul Agnew. I still expect Shaw to remain though .

Man, the 1st person who should have been sacked after Agnew and Kean, was Shaw. In fact, Shaw should have been gone the same time as Agnew

That's what Gordon says!

Sound like you are missing Gordon, Gav :) and now looking for a cheaper replacement ;)

Archived