BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

I wonder how long they have been pondering this - I found it interesting that we still have loan places in our squad but never used them.

I think Bowyer's post-match comments from the Leeds game are more telling. The sort of thing you might say when you know you're leaving the workplace and don't have to put up with the crap any more. From his point of view, I mean. :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add me to the list of people who is getting concerned every minute that passes.

Expecting the 'Lambert turns down rovers' story any moment

Definitely on that list myself. Sacking Bowyer and anyone who's ever spoke to him suggested that another manager had been lined up with backroom team sorted.

Nothing been announced, just rumours.

• Backroom

Definitely on that list myself. Sacking Bowyer and anyone who's ever spoke to him suggested that another manager had been lined up with backroom team sorted.

Nothing been announced, just rumours.

Remember when we sacked Sam? I was at Ewood at a do that night and there was cautious optimism along the lines of 'Jol must be coming in' over days and months the true picture emerged!

Praying it's not that scenario again, the manager had to go but you need to have some plan in place.

From Kamy:

Talked to Lambert representative. He said a number of options open to Lambert. Wouldn't confirm or deny if Rovers are one of them. 1/2.

His representative did say that his next managerial job has to be totally right for him as he cannot afford to make a wrong decision. 2/3.

He said he will only agree to join a club if he convinced that they match his ambitions which would be promotion if a championship club.3/3.

Yeah I remember that night really well. I got a call from my son passing on the news as I made my way home from work. I wasn't Sam's no 1 fan but in no way did I either want or expect him to be fired. I respected what he'd done for the club and I also realised the tightrope we were walking the minute we parted company with a safe pair of hands.

I had a sort of hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach knowing people, who by their own admission knew the square root of nothing about football, were taking such serious decisions. Of course I'd no idea that this was just the first in a very long list of disasterous decisions.

Rovers have a better stadium and great training facilities here. Plus Paul Lambert will have full control here of football matters

If he went to Fulham or QPR he would have work with DoF and not have full control of football matters. More of head coach there then manager role there

Rovers have a better stadium and great training facilities here. Plus Paul Lambert will have full control here of football matters

If he went to Fulham or QPR he would have work with DoF and not have full control of football matters. More of head coach there then manager role there

Fulham have an owner willing to put money in, and arent under an embargo.

From Kamy:

Northern Rover@Northern_Rover 8 min

Talked to Lambert representative. He said a number of options open to Lambert. Wouldn't confirm or deny if Rovers are one of them. 1/2.

Northern Rover@Northern_Rover 8 min

His representative did say that his next managerial job has to be totally right for him as he cannot afford to make a wrong decision. 2/3.

Northern Rover@Northern_Rover 7 min

He said he will only agree to join a club if he convinced that they match his ambitions which would be promotion if a championship club.3/3.

That's not sounding good. Looks like they're launched Bowyer without having a definite replacement in place. Why am I not surprised ?

There's a fairly solid case to be made for Lambert not taking the job. He could probably have his pick of any vacant manager seat in the Championship, so why take one which includes a transfer embargo and notoriously trigger happy owners? The one thing I can see overcoming that hurdle is a huge "private donation" from the Raos. As for my pick, I'd have pretty much anyone with true tactical nous rather than a Souness-style dinosaur like Sherwood or Dave Jones.

There's a fairly solid case to be made for Lambert not taking the job. He could probably have his pick of any vacant manager seat in the Championship, so why take one which includes a transfer embargo and notoriously trigger happy owners? The one thing I can see overcoming that hurdle is a huge "private donation" from the Raos. As for my pick, I'd have pretty much anyone with true tactical nous rather than a Souness-style dinosaur like Sherwood or Dave Jones.

Not sure if they are notoriously trigger happy. They were with Berg and Appleton (and SA but all new owners bring their own manager in), but Kean and Bowyer had ample time to make their mark. Unfortunately.

Archived