BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news that he's gone, about three months over due in my opinion.

Some folk need to chill the heck out a little though, I know it's venkys and we should expect the unexpected but pi***** in your pants because they didn't hire Lambert/someone today is a little premature.

Few clubs ever announce the replacement the next day, if for no other reason than out of respect for the departing manager. Doesn't mean there isn't someone else lined up and ready to go, everyone knew Klopp was signing for Liverpool but it wasn't made official until four days after Rogers departed.

It may be misplaced belief but I believe they have someone ready to go, and very few people will know about it until they want us too.

Just have to sit tight in the meantime, and try not to have a "small breakdown"!

Well well well ! GB sacked. Lambert nailed on by the bookies who are always right.

Still no appointment. I hope it's not "out of the frying pan into the fire" or "goodbye stability; hello League 1 and downwards thereafter."

Could it be that the next manager is not Lambert and as LET alluded to we're looking at someone currently employed by another club .... we have agreed the deal with the man and we're still negotiating with the club

• Backroom

Well well well ! GB sacked. Lambert nailed on by the bookies who are always right.

Still no appointment. I hope it's not "out of the frying pan into the fire" or "goodbye stability; hello League 1 and downwards thereafter."

3 wins in 17 is not what I would call the definition of stability...

Maybe we get Tugay

Imagine we did and he relegated us to League One and on the brim of League Two/bankruptcy, could we bring ourselves to boo or call his name in anger?

I love Tugay, but his legendary status shouldn't be messed with. Would love him as a coach, even better with the kids. Who couldn't benefit from learning from Toogs?

Actually if he were manager, would maybe do his warm up skills with the team? :D

• Backroom

Tugay would be Berg all over again. No problem with him coming back to the club as a coach, but the last thing we need is to take a chance on another manager who has no experience.

We all know the type of manager we need right now. Do Venky's?

I wonder how long they have been pondering this - I found it interesting that we still have loan places in our squad but never used them.

I was looking at our squad on the Rovers site yesterday and also noticed that. That squad is so thin it's scary with youngsters who are previous manager never intended to play plus 'ones for the future' ................. :wacko: ................whatever that means.

Nixon says Shaw isnt involved in the Lambert deal.

Hopefully we can seal the deal for Lambert as manager

What was the general view on the radio show, Chaddy? Apart from Nixon did Ian battersby have anything to say .I normally think he sums up the state of the club pretty well when I have heard him before

• Backroom

Add me to the list of people who is getting concerned every minute that passes.

Expecting the 'Lambert turns down rovers' story any moment

Let's hope we pull something out of the hat.

What was the general view on the radio show, Chaddy? Apart from Nixon did Ian battersby have anything to say .I normally think he sums up the state of the club pretty well when I have heard him before

Ian kept mentioning a plan might/hoping be in place if Lambert is coming in as manager. Plus Shaw not involved from Nixon.

Both sounded positive about Rovers future

Archived