BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Backroom

Kean resigned on 29 Sep, Berg appointed on 31 October.

Berg sacked on 27 Dec, Appleton appointed on 11 Jan.

Appleton sacked on 19 March, Bowyer officially appointed on 24 May.

Suffice to say if Venky's appoint somebody by the weekend it will comfortably be the fastest they've ever acted, and very much out of character.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blimey. The paranoia and panic is astonishing.

I understand we've had our minds f'd with for 5 years, but people need to calm down a touch.

When was the last manager instantly appointed as a done deal within 24 hrs of the last guy being sacked ?

We've had some ludicrous names in the frame too :

Platt, Megson, redknapp, and Dave Jones.

Some have lost their marbles completely.

Calm down everyone, nothing would surprise me and I wouldn't rule out a monumental cocktail up but it's only just been 24 hours since GB was sacked.

As long as Lambert or the preferred choice isn't actually unveiled elsewhere in the meantime I'd have thought it would be quite acceptable for the appointment to be officially announced early next week.

For what it's worth there was a snippet on Talk Sport news tonight saying Lambert has agreed to join (which appears not to be the case as yet) and according to an article in one of tomorrow's (today's) papers Moyes wants a job near to his Preston home.

Blimey. The paranoia and panic is astonishing.

I understand we've had our minds f'd with for 5 years, but people need to calm down a touch.

When was the last manager instantly appointed as a done deal within 24 hrs of the last guy being sacked ?

We've had some ludicrous names in the frame too :

Platt, Megson, redknapp, and Dave Jones.

Some have lost their marbles completely.

I wasn't entirely serious about Redknapp, more that he'd be an awful appointment because we'd be another club he'd bankrupt. Megon and Platt are only mentioned when you consider our recent past. Names used to highlight our owner's stupdity.

Best case scenario: appoint a credible manager today (or shortly), Shaw is replaced.

Worst case scenario: let this warble on for weeks then appoint whoever is left at brockhall putting the cones out (pretty much how bowyer got the job), Shaw remains, some shabby esq crank they've met in the pub comes to run the show.

With normal owners this "delay" wouldn't bother me but from history with every passing minute I fear the worst.

Funniest thread ever - starts with happiness that Gaz has gone, no one bothered who the next manager is, a few names dropped in and Lambert linked heavily...love begins to grow and grow AND GROW until you have grown men yearning for Paul Lambert going mad that the messiah hasn't been signed!! - All In 24hrs! Haha

I for one am optimistic. The timing and scale of the sackings suggests that the have a manager or two lined up. It resembles, dare I say it, organisation!?

Anyway...an appointment by the weekend would represent a very quick bit of business in anyone's mind..

Pearson was my choice. Hands down. There's loads of good managers around at the mo. My only niggling worry, is will venkys pick the right one...interesting times!

Please remember that Kamy is quoting from a red top. Hence why he purposely took the picture...

So the reporter is likely to be surmising that Blackburn want Lambert, surmising that he hasn't signed because of Diwali and therefore surmising that QPR have entered and imaginary race for Pep Guard....er sorry Paul Lambert!!

Be calm lads.

Worst case scenario for me is we bring in a manager who hasn't been picked by Shaw and leave Shaw in charge of the club. We've been down that route before and it diesn't end well. Are these stories about advisers being at the club right and does anyone know who the adviser is? Just wish something could be straight forward and above board for once.

Rovers have a better stadium and great training facilities here. Plus Paul Lambert will have full control here of football matters

If he went to Fulham or QPR he would have work with DoF and not have full control of football matters. More of head coach there then manager role there

Might want to take them rose tinted glasses off. For one, we are under an embargo, which we should have done all we can to get out of straight away.

Even selling Rhodes, as it was never about him "keeping us up" it was about the club moving forward and we could potentially lose out on a manager now due to embargo.

Fulham have just spent a fortune and thirdly he would have a better quality of life down there.

According to this website, it's a done deal.

http://the72.co.uk/39620/blackburn-rovers-paul-lambert-agrees-to-become-new-boss/

According to Darren Pepe White on TheRovers Facebook group:

"He's already signed mate will be unveiled as manager tomorrow afternoon / Saturday. My uncle works as the communications and financial director at the club he's signed a 3 and a half year deal."

and

"They are taking there time because there is a international break for a start. Secondly they are sorting out the formalities with the back room staff who I think your be impressed with coz I am. Irvine is one man that's here. I can't say to much else to u guys at the mo will update you later on once I no a bit more."

So you guys can rest easy now.

Might want to take them rose tinted glasses off. For one, we are under an embargo, which we should have done all we can to get out of straight away.

Even selling Rhodes, as it was never about him "keeping us up" it was about the club moving forward and we could potentially lose out on a manager now due to embargo.

Fulham have just spent a fortune and thirdly he would have a better quality of life down there.

Haha - betterquality of life? Really? 10 x more people than the North West (2nd most densely populated area in the UK), Cost of living 5 x that in the North West and nice and leafy as Fulham / West London is, I don't remember it being named as 'Best Place to Live in the UK' in recent times, whereas gppd old Blackburn...!!

Come to the Rovers, a club with fantastic facilities, great tradition and massive potential. Llive in the Ribble Valley, with stunning views, fresh air and space to enjoy it. Work with our players, a reasonably talented group with the capability for so much more...

No brainer for me!!

:rover:

Haha - betterquality of life? Really? 10 x more people than the North West (2nd most densely populated area in the UK), Cost of living 5 x that in the North West and nice and leafy as Fulham / West London is, I don't remember it being named as 'Best Place to Live in the UK' in recent times, whereas gppd old Blackburn...!!

Come to the Rovers, a club with fantastic facilities, great tradition and massive potential. Llive in the Ribble Valley, with stunning views, fresh air and space to enjoy it. Work with our players, a reasonably talented group with the capability for so much more...

No brainer for me!!

:rover:

Oh i agree entirely that's why i reside in the Valley. But living on the Kings Road is not to be sniffed at, it's a pull for most people.

Look at the amount of top players that only want to play in London.

According to this website, it's a done deal.

http://the72.co.uk/39620/blackburn-rovers-paul-lambert-agrees-to-become-new-boss/

According to Darren Pepe White on TheRovers Facebook group:

"He's already signed mate will be unveiled as manager tomorrow afternoon / Saturday. My uncle works as the communications and financial director at the club he's signed a 3 and a half year deal."

and

"They are taking there time because there is a international break for a start. Secondly they are sorting out the formalities with the back room staff who I think your be impressed with coz I am. Irvine is one man that's here. I can't say to much else to u guys at the mo will update you later on once I no a bit more."

So you guys can rest easy now.

Everton got another job title to add to communications and marketing director? no wonder we never hear from him , busy bloke. :)

• Moderation Lead

As much as people seem to be over-reacting, I don't blame any of them given what we've had to endure in the last 5 years or so.

Rumours only make things worse, take them all with a pinch of salt, journos speculate and even guess at times, it's how they bring home the bacon!

(TRY TO) relax.

Archived