BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone's saying it's Lambert.

Pearson odds on favourite for QPR.

No one seems to care who goes to Fulham.

The ideal scenario would be if Dyche went to Fulham and Burnley got Megson Kean

That would be better yes, but let's face it no one in the Western world will ever employ that clown.

I'd take Dyche as our manager but that's unrealistic too.

Everyone's saying it's Lambert.

Pearson odds on favourite for QPR.

No one seems to care who goes to Fulham.

The ideal scenario would be if Dyche went to Fulham and Burnley got Megson.

You're spot on. That scenario are what dreams are made of. Personally, I can't see Dyche leaving that lot for a long time. It's a risk for a Premier League side to take a punt on him and I don't think there's a Championship job he'd fancy

All this talk about who wants to live where is funny. It'll probably depend on the new managers family. We've got affluent Cheshire towns, Ribble Valley, Lytham nearby. The only draw London has is the Arts and Culture events. The young players obviously like London because there's more chance of getting away with strange sexual practices.

What on earth!?!?

He was sacked less than 48 hours ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***I intended to quote 'matt83' here.

On the basis all the viable candidates are unemployed this should have been sorted in under 24hrs. Frankly it should have been sorted before bowyer was sacked. The fact 48hours has gone by suggests to me this is a classic Venky @#/? up. Hope I'm wrong

I did post earlier in the season that I thought GB looked like a guy who didn't really want to be here and didn't really seem that bothered. After observing him at close quarters in the Shrewsbury match that reinforced my thoughts although after we had a good win in the odd game he perked up a bit.

Somethings been afoot all season imo and maybe he got word other people were being sounded out. Then after the non sacking story he maybe had word he was safe whatever hence his shift towards a bit of untouchable arrogance. Would explain his lack of drive at desperately trying to win games recently after going for it v Ipswich, Scruffs and Leeds.

My money is on him being a very unhappy chappy at the min especially seeing as all his buds have gone as well. Also it still points to confusion and mixed messages behind the scenes.

I did post earlier in the season that I thought GB looked like a guy who didn't really want to be here and didn't really seem that bothered. After observing him at close quarters in the Shrewsbury match that reinforced my thoughts although after we had a good win in the odd game he perked up a bit.

Somethings been afoot all season imo and maybe he got word other people were being sounded out. Then after the non sacking story he maybe had word he was safe whatever hence his shift towards a bit of untouchable arrogance. Would explain his lack of drive at desperately trying to win games recently after going for it v Ipswich, Scruffs and Leeds.

My money is on him being a very unhappy chappy at the min especially seeing as all his buds have gone as well. Also it still points to confusion and mixed messages behind the scenes.

I agree that he won't be as happy as larry at the moment but what can he expect? As a football club we have given him the opportunity to build a managerial reputation for himself at a club that (hopefully) is still respected nationally at least.

He has been given far more time than Berg and Appleton before him and must have lknown that several of the fans knew that he wasn't the right man for the job. I, firmly, believe he gave his everything but it wasn't enough, call it lack of experience or FFP, but something wasn't right and the owners (finally) decided enough was enough. I don't think he'll struggle for a job in the lower leagues.

Granted I think that the results in the last three games weren't bad but if I'm honest I think the owners already sealed his fate weeks ago and went hunting for a new man.

A new man would want to bring in a new backroom team anyway, and also, no matter how good a player Craig Short has been for us in the past. he isn't much kop as a defensive coach let's face it.

It didn't get to the extent it did with Kean for Bowyer ie: Protests etc, if anything the owners sacked him before that could happen. There should be thanks on both sides for the work he's done.

There was clearly something afoot over the summer. Venkys refusing to meet with Bowyer suggested that they were perhaps not too happy with him.

Then there were the events following the Brighton game - although it seemed to be jumping the gun it was quite obvious that someone somewhere had been led to believe Bowyer was on his way.

Nixon has been claiming that something has been in the pipeline for the last few weeks with Jokanovic being approached.

Then there are the rumours that Bowyer was putting himself forward for the Sheffield United job in the summer - again suggests he knew he was on borrowed time and was looking for a way to walk before he was pushed.

On the basis all the viable candidates are unemployed this should have been sorted in under 24hrs. Frankly it should have been sorted before bowyer was sacked. The fact 48hours has gone by suggests to me this is a classic Venky @#/? up. Hope I'm wrong

I'd wait for any evidence to the contrary before worrying about the appointment being Cocked up.

Managerial appointments take time.

Think of the legal matters of everyone involved, as one possible hold up.

Was never going to be an instant successor.

Don't get me wrong, if we do balls this up, I'll be incandescent.

Astonished that anybody could have any faith in Venky's. Short memories.

If they do make a good, quick, sensible decision I will be surprised. It's certainly not what I'm expecting.

There doesn't seem to be a huge rush for any of the three vacancies right now in Rovers, QPR and Fulham. QPR you can kind of understand as they have a safe pair of hands in Warnock, but with Rovers and Fulham the pressure is on.

As others have pointed out I really do not want a Kinder surprise.

• Backroom

There doesn't seem to be a huge rush for any of the three vacancies right now in Rovers, QPR and Fulham. QPR you can kind of understand as they have a safe pair of hands in Warnock, but with Rovers and Fulham the pressure is on.

As others have pointed out I really do not want a Kinder surprise.

Fulham will probably feel they have the edge over us in terms of pulling power. Whether that is true or not remains to be seen, I suppose.

A shame we didn't sack Bowyer during the first round of rumours, would have made hiring the likes of Lambert or Pearson a lot easier with no direct competition.

QPR have just brought in Kevin Blackwell as Neil Warnock's assistant. Although that might just be to help out for a few days on the training ground it could also suggest that Warnock is staying in place for a while longer and wants more help.

Any idea of what sort of pay-off Bowyer will be getting?

His full remaining contract. I think he was on a rolling year?

Reckon he would have been on a bit below the Championship average. No idea what that would be though. 200 grand a year?

I would guess - if we get him - Lambert will be on as much as five or six times Bowyer.

Guy on Facebook posted a picture of he and Moyes in a Ladbrokes near to Ewood which was taken today. Quite what he was doing in there I haven't a clue, but looks to be a legit picture, randomly.

Probably putting a tenner of himself at 8/1

Any idea of what sort of pay-off Bowyer will be getting?

I believe the contract stipulated a million pounds, Stanley House and Cumbria.

Guy on Facebook posted a picture of he and Moyes in a Ladbrokes near to Ewood which was taken today. Quite what he was doing in there I haven't a clue, but looks to be a legit picture, randomly.

Putting a bet on?

Guy on Facebook posted a picture of he and Moyes in a Ladbrokes near to Ewood which was taken today. Quite what he was doing in there I haven't a clue, but looks to be a legit picture, randomly (although you never can tell with social media).

Putting a few quid on his mate Shelfy being the next championship MD sacked I hope

Archived