BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

Well it's fair to say our fans seem a lot keener for Lambert than QPRs judging from twitter. You'd have to say IF he was offered the job at both clubs he'd choose them over us I don't think anyone of us would argue otherwise?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowyer got sacked 2 days ago.....

Along with all the first team coaching staff, you'd think if you we're going to that you'd have a plan in place for replacements. And if a plan was in place then it shouldn't take 3 days to implement it ( and since it ain't happening today it will be 3 days a least)

I have it on good authority that Damien Johnson has shot to the top of the list after taking training and staying past 6pm. Apparently Mrs. D was very impressed that he worked so hard, especially on an important holiday like Diwali. He will be offered a 5 year rolling contract.

You heard it here first folks.

Thanks for the stability Gary, good job in difficult circumstances. He is a solid bet for any championship club looking for mid-table, he has good eye for a bargain.

After his rock comments though I have to say no tears here. Just worry.

Anyone else get the feeling well just end up with Irvine? Think I predicted that in Bowyer thread months ago looking at potential new bosses likely with Shaw.

Seems really strange if Shaw has nothing to do with this.

Hi,

I'm acquainted with many of the Turkish football community in London and happen to know that Tugay was seeking a FL management role in the summer (I believe he applied for the Peterborough job but not certain). As someone whose name is synonymous with your club, would the Rovers' supporters welcome his appointment at Ewood Park?

Just asking like...

Hi,

I'm acquainted with many of the Turkish football community in London and happen to know that Tugay was seeking a FL management role in the summer (I believe he applied for the Peterborough job but not certain). As someone whose name is synonymous with your club, would the Rovers' supporters welcome his appointment at Ewood Park?

Just asking like...

Fantastic player for this club but no, we need experience right now.

• Backroom

Hi,

Just asking like...

As coach or assistant (track record alongside Mancini at Gala), absolutely! As manager, I wouldn't want him but would back him in the event.

Hi,

Just asking like...

Would be great to see him back at the club in some role one day, but don't feel the time is right for both the club and him for the managers role and would probably damage his legendary status at Rovers

Hi,

Just asking like...

He'd make an exceptional youth coach I'd think. As others have said, we need experience of this league right now and what it takes to get out of it.

Still very confident we will land Lambert.

All we know for certain is that only Rovers have made a big move for him. Yes there are vacancies at Fulham and QPR but I haven't seen anything anywhere which suggests either of those clubs have made a 'real' move - just fashion froth and speculation.

Hi,

Just asking like...

I echo the thoughts of other respondents. It would be good to have him at the club in some capacity but not manager at this time.

Henning Berg was a similar appointment in the recent past and that did not work out. Berg actually had more managerial experience than Tugay, but none in the English game.

Rovers have been crying out for a tried and tested manager since Sam Allardyce was sacked in 2010.

I echo the thoughts of other respondents. It would be good to have him at the club in some capacity but not manager at this time.

Henning Berg was a similar appointment in the recent past and that did not work out. Berg actually had more managerial experience than Tugay, but none in the English game.

Rovers have been crying out for a tried and tested manager since Sam Allardyce was sacked in 2010.

I understand what you're saying and I'm sure Tugay's big reputation at the club is very dear to him and not something he'd readily jeopardise without considerable forethought.

I suppose the outcome will rest on whether your owners have a pragmatic approach or whether they'd be prepared to roll the dice. I expect he'll apply (if he hasn't already) so I guess we'll find out in the next few days. For sure, if he got the opportunity he'd put his heart and soul into the task.

Archived