BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

I'll add my penneth worth.

Adjust your reality, Venkys are in charge. If they haven't already got a replacement lined up after sacking nearly the entire coaching staff, then they are the @#/?tard Nob Rockets we already know they are.

Do we trust them to bring in a manager with pedigree?

If they bring in a decent manager, relative to what they've hired previously, will Venkys ambition match the new managers.

When are Venkys going.

Thanks.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be honest. Fulham, QPR, will at best be the 4th or 5th team in London, meaning relatively low profile in the press. They are not a good shout for an ambitious manager. Yes they may get to the premier league but not on a long term basis. Blackburn have a relatively high profile in our area and have proved they can punch, possibly above their weight, given the correct conditions thus making them a more attractive proposition for prospective managers. Just my opinion.

No wasn't having a go with the 30 year comment, just saying nothing recently.

I think aims should be realistic, and don't believe this team good enough to challenge for play offs.

okay, being realistic i personally think and fans i talk too agree that we are under achieving, not consistent from one match to another, why because that's is the way they are set up to play, that's the manager and his coaching team telling them how to play, if you are to cautious then you get the results we get, Bowyer would rather have one point than three, i admire you sticking by his side but he was taking us backwards.

New broom, fresh ideas, you will see a different team of that i am sure.

The press is very London centric. Not sure what the Evening Standard circulation is in millions but QPR and Fulham can still make the back page. QPR could get much better crowds with a new ground.

It's up in the air if. Objectively if you were Paul Lambert, with no ties to the clubs, who would you choose?

okay, being realistic i personally think and fans i talk too agree that we are under achieving, not consistent from one match to another, why because that's is the way they are set up to play, that's the manager and his coaching team telling them how to play, if you are to cautious then you get the results we get, Bowyer would rather have one point than three, i admire you sticking by his side but he was taking us backwards.

New broom, fresh ideas, you will see a different team of that i am sure.

It's not defending Bowyer. He's gone now. I just think we are a mid table team who currently cannot strengthen.

We have sold Rudy and Cairney are gone backwards, it's not exactly shocking what happened?

The new man can't perform miracles under the same circumstances. Say he has to sell Rhodes if this idea that the geniuses come up with doesn't work to get out of embargo, what then? We are going to get worse as a side.

• Moderation Lead

"Sky sources" - Lambert has held talks with both us and QPR. So no manager with coaching team agreed before the sacking.

Sky Sources= 'we read it on twitter'. They haven't got a clue!

We have had worse squads than this before and got good quality managers, i find your post very annoying/negative, are you bored and looking for confrontation.

I couldn't give a t0ss if you find my post annoying to to be honest Pete, it's only my opinion of course, disagree and get annoyed all you want pal.

"Sky sources" - Lambert has held talks with both us and QPR. So no manager with coaching team agreed before the sacking.

I'm not listening to what Sky say. I think they are clueless, and this latest 'story' is likely to be a general response to the story in The Sun this morning.

Gav, there's more to this than meets the eye. Lambert is quite an intelligent bloke and I think we can rest assured he's raised those same concerns. I think it's pretty much certain that he will have met a new CEO together with the owners and things have been thrashed out.

You could be right merc, I just feel the stock, bad press, horror stories would put anyone decent off, hope I'm wrong though.

Should work well getting a few punters to splash some cash on skybet, considering Lambert to Rovers odds was poor

Edit : oh look Lambert to QPR odds 18/1 to 3/1

• Moderation Lead

Should work well getting a few punters to splash some cash on skybet, considering Lambert to Rovers odds was poor

Edit : oh look Lambert to QPR odds 18/1 to 3/1

They aren't daft are they? Who said sponsoring the championship with their own betting company was a conflict of interest?....

The press is very London centric. Not sure what the Evening Standard circulation is in millions but QPR and Fulham can still make the back page. QPR could get much better crowds with a new ground.

It's up in the air if. Objectively if you were Paul Lambert, with no ties to the clubs, who would you choose?

Well I'll say this much, it's a crap choice just now. All three clubs must be pretty low on manager's wish lists.

Personally I wouldn't touch QPR with a barge pole. That Ferandes bloke is a right plonker. Ours are bad but that bloke really shouts it from the roof tops.

Being objective I genuinely think that any manager from these shores would opt for rovers over those two. London isn't enticing to anyone who's lived here long enough to know Dick Whittington was a bit of a Richard. The big carrot for the rovers job is, by and large, the Indians let their managers have a good crack at it. That's got to be appealing when you compare the trigger happy owners at the other two.

Well I'll say this much, it's a crap choice just now. All three clubs must be pretty low on manager's wish lists.

Personally I wouldn't touch QPR with a barge pole. That Ferandes bloke is a right plonker. Ours are bad but that bloke really shouts it from the roof tops.

Being objective I genuinely think that any manager from these shores would opt for rovers over those two. London isn't enticing to anyone who's lived here long enough to know Dick Whittington was a bit of a Richard. The big carrot for the rovers job is, by and large, the Indians let their managers have a good crack at it. That's got to be appealing when you compare the trigger happy owners at the other two.

Oh I don''t know, Still have not been kicked out the football League yet or paid a fine surely he employed the right people to stick it to the Football League , and recently wrote off 180 million in loans

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/09/qpr-owner-tony-fernandes-writes-off-180m-loan

I just don't believe that to be honest. The London clubs have investment. We don't. I think that's all that really will decide any manager worth his salt.

If the Rao's have - as Mercer and Nixon suggest - found a way out of embargo and are ready to pump the cash in then that's great, especially if we also get a boardroom shakeup. If that hasn't happened I have no idea how we can compete with QPR or Fulham at all in an ambitious manager's eyes.

I'm not listening to what Sky say. I think they are clueless, and this latest 'story' is likely to be a general response to the story in The Sun this morning.

I must admit I only posted it for potential info. I remember maybe 3 years ago SSN only used to report facts, I suppose now they want to fill air time and advertising slots they throw any "news" out there.

Be interesting to see what they've come up with to try and come out of the embargo. Nicko was on about them loading the debt in a different way ?

Anyway to anyone looking at it from the outside surely the fact they've taken so many steps towards it should count in our favour. Big losses still but they'll have been cut back quite a bit and the sheer number of people paid off is a significant effort. Add to that the 10 mill worth sold and obviously we can plead we can't sell anymore or we'll risk relegation further deepening the financial problems.

If you can't sign players because of the embargo but you go down because of that how the hell does that help clubs money problems.

Farcical. I just wonder who's on the FFP panel and which clubs they support ?

Archived