BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

Think tomorrow afternoon is when we will get an announcement,Lambert and Irving coming here....

Think you are right. Did hear that even a press conference had been pencilled in for tomorrow but clearly that wont happen now. However, if Lambert's appointment is announced tomorrow, I think it's pretty decent going from the Raos - credit where credit is due.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nixon is saying that Venkys think they have got Lambert as manager and it will be done by the weekend.

If that's true, great! But let's not forget that Venkys also thought we were going to get Beckham and Ronaldinho.

Nixon is saying that Venkys think they have got Lambert as manager and it will be done by the weekend.

Also says QPR are going down another route. Thats means Warnock got his wish and brought in Blackwell as number 2.

Fulham want a head coach not a manager.

Hope you/Nixon are right on this.

Personally feel Lambert would choose us over QPR but not Fulham. QPR will lose their best players in Jan, and not all is well behind the scenes with prem egos and wages (according to hearsay). Not sure Warnock's time hasn't past but if that's the route they want to go down it makes one less rival for stronger candidates which is a good thing.

Fulham. These days I'd choose them over us. Some good players less expectations than QPR, big backing and not a basket case club like us and to an extent QPR. Only factors in our favour is IF they want a head coach which may not appeal to some candidates.

I've got word from a friend close to the club that we never approached Moyes and didn't get an application and neither will happen now.

The owners believe that Lambert is there man and he will be appointed at some point over the weekend. I think someone has already said QPR have made intentions clear by appointing a number two and Fulham want a head coach, that's what it been told aswell.

Don't shoot the messenger gents

Anyone else get the feeling well just end up with Irvine? Think I predicted that in Bowyer thread months ago looking at potential new bosses likely with Shaw.

Seems really strange if Shaw has nothing to do with this.

Yep that's my fear too. Bowyer had to go but experience and some past success is mandatory for the new manager.

• Backroom

We are only worried because we have it built into us.

If we look at it logically we seem to have made a play for Lambert and a firm offer as our number one target, Fulham and QPR have flirted a bit but are flaunting it here there and everywhere.

All things still point to Lambert coming.

(If we ignore to venky factor)

I understand what you're saying and I'm sure Tugay's big reputation at the club is very dear to him and not something he'd readily jeopardise without considerable forethought.

I suppose the outcome will rest on whether your owners have a pragmatic approach or whether they'd be prepared to roll the dice. I expect he'll apply (if he hasn't already) so I guess we'll find out in the next few days. For sure, if he got the opportunity he'd put his heart and soul into the task.

One of the finest players to grace Ewood Park, certainly the best passer of a ball I've ever seen in a Blackburn shirt and I've seen a few. Having said that the owners have " rolled the dice " too often in the past. We are where we are now because of their fondness for dice games. We desperately need an experienced guy in charge, we just can't really afford another guy learning on the job. On the coaching staff ? No problem. Managing the team ? Not at the moment but who knows what the future holds.

I'll be quite happy if we appoint Lambert. As any other managerial appointment, nothing is guaranteed. He could do well, or he might not, but that's football. If he struggles then he'll have to go as well. I don't have any problems with that approach. Standing still precedes stagnation and eventually only takes you one way.

But at least the owners are showing a bit of ambition - something I've frequently criticised them for lacking, plus they're actually looking for someone with a track record. So far, no complaints from me, but it's early days and we haven't got anyone yet. So far, so good. Tomorrow might be different though.

I would welcome Tugay in a coaching roll with open arms, but never,never, ever as manager.

Every manager whatever the club, have a lifespan where either the board or the fans have had enough of him.

How would we all feel if Tugay were to become the manager in the future, and after two or three seasons it all turned sour?

I for one could never bring myself to be shouting " Tugay Out". He is a cult figure at Ewood and I certainly hope it stays that way.

I'll be quite happy if we appoint Lambert. As any other managerial appointment, nothing is guaranteed. He could do well, or he might not, but that's football. If he struggles then he'll have to go as well. I don't have any problems with that approach. Standing still or stagnating only takes you one way.

But at least the owners are showing a bit of ambition - something I've frequently criticised them for lacking, plus they're actually looking for someone with a track record. So far, no complaints from me, but it's early days and we haven't got anyone yet. So far, so good. Tomorrow might be different though.

Yeah I agree. I've knocked the Chicken Chokers almost from day one and this is probably the first thing they've done that has my full approval. If Lambert and Irvine are appointed as a new management team I'll be delighted. They're probably the best team we could get if I'm being realistic. If their tenure goes wrong as it might do, there are no guarantees in football, I won't beat the owners up. In this instance they've done a savvy, sensible, logical thing.

Fulham

Pros: -Some good players and not a bad squad

-Rich owner who isn't tight

-In London

-Fairly stable board

Cons:-Owner has fired a few managers in a short time

-Training facilities may be average

-Possibly facing an embargo in the near future

QPR

Pros:-In London

-Rich owner

-Immune from embargo

-Some good players

Cons:-Squad has been underperforming/unmotivated for years

- Players on big contracts are hard to remove

-Board and finances unstable

Blackburn

Pros:- Jordan Rhodes

-Brilliant training facilities and potentially decent youth set up

-Owners usually give the manager time

Cons:-Embargo in place

-Potential for a massive financial sh-tstorm

-Mental owners and a board of misfits and square pegs

So which do we expect Lambert to go for?

The one thats financially committed to him.

I just want to come on here and have something nice to say, to be happy with the decisions that ate being made.

I've had five years of being bitter. It's not done much for me. Even just that thought is deeply depressing. Five totally wasted years. I really could weep.

Appoint someone half decent and I may start to feel good about my club again.

But don't ever ask me to feel.good about venkys. The damage has been done, I can't ever forgive them for what they've done. The enmity will last way after they've fled the scene

Nice to hear a Lambert is bagged consensus coming together. I have everything crossed!

Why do you think they have got their man Chaddy/Unsal (Mercer and Nev have given their sources)?

. Heard from two different sources close to the club,who are pretty certain it's a done deal,and all be announced tomorrow,but,yes I know it's Venkys we are talking about, but I'm pretty hopefully it's good info.

You have to say, given all that's gone on, if we end up with lambert then thats actually quite decent. Well, more than that really. No guarantee he'll do well but appointing a recognised manager would make a welcome change.

I know it'll probably fall on deaf ears. But a good degree of thanks should go to Bowyer for his part in salvaging the club to an extent that a manager like lambert would even consider the job. Not perfect by any means, but he worked hard to rid us of the basket case tag. Not that it's ever disappeared, but in the eyes of the media world they lapped up all he fed them.

Hope we get Lambert/Irving,but even if we don't,it seems the Venkys are getting better advice from someone,who is thinking of the club and not themselves,must admit when Bowyer was potted,I wouldn't have come up with Lamberts name,then when it did I,like probably everybody on here went straight on Wikipedia and checked his stats out,and was pretty impressed,only downside is,he seems more dour than bowyer,but if he gets results who's bothered,besides the two different sources I was also told by someone at last weeks match that Lambert was on the radar,think Venkys mind was made up after the Burnley game,I'm one of the few on here with my glass half full,not half empty,always optimistic,never slagged Bowyer off,only because of the difficult circumstances,with him having to get rid of loads of big earners and then finding us on an embargo,but we are in a results business and think now is right for a change,dosent always work changing managers(Malky McKay) springs to mind,who I would have had in a heartbeat,but ended up doing nothing at Wigan,so let's hope for good news tomorrow,COYB...

Archived