BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Think too many are panicking about Lambert.

His representative's comments to Kamy are all about maxing out his deal with Rovers.

Think it's in the bag - chill and relax.

Just this once, you'd better be right.

Did you have to Mercer!

I am very confident.

Feel this appointment is just part of something much bigger. I think the changes coming will show a new found ruthlessness. As I said earlier, think it's tin hat time for a number at Rovers. Been too cushy for far too long.

I am very confident.

Feel this appointment is just part of something much bigger. I think the changes coming will show a new found ruthlessness. As I said earlier, think it's tin hat time for a number at Rovers. Been too cushy for far too long.

Thanks for that, Mercer.

*places life savings on Judan Ali*

I am first to admit that I had no idea that Gary Bowyer was going to be sacked and also that I have no idea who is Venky's preferred choice as manager.

I did manage to make contact with Lambert's agent, it was just a general conversation as he would not go into specifics other than he has a number of options on the table and that the his next move has to be the right one for him. That was about it.

Other than that I know nothing, pretty obvious to me now that people I relied on in Pune are also no longer in the loop.

I just hope that we manage to get someone with experience as the last thing that we need is another novice manager.

Personally if Venky's are really serious about going up then throw money at Lambert and make it almost impossible for him to reject us.

From the official site.

Blackburn rovers would like to announce the return of Gary bowyer as we had mistakenly sent him an email which read we have sackedyou instead of backed you, we appologise once again for getting rovers fans in hysterics, something which you should be used to now, our gazza will renew his duties starting tommorow, we hope he gives it a right good go.

I am very confident.

I hope so. I am passionate about us becoming ruthless and unforgiving. That's possibly why I became so anti-Bowyer - I hate soft touches and players not giving their all.

I just want to love Rovers again and want to get behind the team, knowing that the man in charge will be accountable if results don't happen.

I assume that whoever is in charge at the club does have a replacement lined up, but it will be someone who 'they' have decided (on the usual advice) is capable of making better progress than Gary.

This is exactly what happened following Sam's, and Kean's, and Berg's, and Appleton's dismissals.

Therefore, it could be more or less anybody with a connection to European, or World, football.

I don't like this. I was coming round to having Lambert as gaffer, a recognised no. 2 and Shelfy shelved.

Why do we believe it's suddenly going to get better instantly when the loons have absolutely no history of getting anything right?!

I'm taking up snooker

Imagine if it was someone truely leftfield like Rjikaard, Maradona, Magath, Barmby or Jol. We'd all go into meltdown in so many ways.

Jol wouldn't actually be that bad an appointment, probably not anyones first choice but a good manager IMO.

I am first to admit that I had no idea that Gary Bowyer was going to be sacked and also that I have no idea who is Venky's preferred choice as manager.

I did manage to make contact with Lambert's agent, it was just a general conversation as he would not go into specifics other than he has a number of options on the table and that the his next move has to be the right one for him. That was about it.

Other than that I know nothing, pretty obvious to me now that people I relied on in Pune are also no longer in the loop.

I just hope that we manage to get someone with experience as the last thing that we need is another novice manager.

Personally if Venky's are really serious about going up then throw money at Lambert and make it almost impossible for him to reject us.

Cheers for your honesty

If Lambert doesn't happen what will next Venky's move be or more to the point whoever their new advisors I dread to think

Cheers for your honesty

If Lambert doesn't happen what will next Venky's move be or more to the point whoever their new advisors I dread to think

Two significant events this week, as Kamy says he did not know GB's fate, he probably also did not know Moyes was getting potted the day before.

Kamy, try contacting the Tickled trout and ask who Shaw had with him yesterday.

;)

Hmmm. Not got a good feeling about this I have to say.

Could well be a case of Belaji thinking his hand is stronger than it is.

The crux of the problem to me is everything is done by " remote control " from half way around the world. Appointments like this need to be made on a face to face real time basis. The tired @#/?s need to get out here and sort the job out properly.

Archived