BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know anything about football history at all ? Both those clubs have been pretty successful at top level in the past.

His comments were definitely harsh, they're no minnows, but pretty successful at top level in the past?

QPR - Runners up in the top tier, once. Runners up in the FA Cup, once. Won a League Cup, once.

Fulham - Highest ever top tier finish, 9th. Runners up in the FA Cup, once. Runners up in the UEFA Cup, once.

Maybe it's about definitions and perspective, but I don't consider that pretty successful. But aye, no minnows, and definitely in a position to compete with us despite our far prouder history.

Imagine if it was someone truely leftfield like Rjikaard, Maradona, Magath, Barmby or Jol. We'd all go into meltdown in so many ways.

It may well be someone that casual UK football observers, such as Indian cricket-loving business types, think is an ideal candidate. Someone who is world-famous through football and who would achieve some much needed 'positive' publicity for our under-pressure owners.

"Surely anyone could do better than Bowyer, right? We must remember all the stuff Jerome told us before he had to take up that important role in Brunei. Our new advisor, Mr. Kinnear, will help us to make the right choice. When was the next game again, Balaji?"

The crux of the problem to me is everything is done by " remote control " from half way around the world. Appointments like this need to be on a face to face real time basis. The tired @#/?s need to get out here and sort the job out properly.

Five years on and still the penny hasn't apparently dropped that they need to appoint a 'real' MD to run the show.

Two significant events this week, as Kamy says he did not know GB's fate, he probably also did not know Moyes was getting potted the day before.

Kamy, try contacting the Tickled trout and ask who Shaw had with him yesterday.

;)

No secret who Moyes is pally with and regular drinks with but what power does Shelfy have if rumours are to be believed maybe even less than usual if he's in the next round of pottings

His comments were definitely harsh, they're no minnows, but pretty successful at top level in the past?

QPR - Runners up in the top tier, once. Runners up in the FA Cup, once. Won a League Cup, once.

Fulham - Highest ever top tier finish, 9th. Runners up in the FA Cup, once. Runners up in the UEFA Cup, once.

Maybe it's about definitions and perspective, but I don't consider that pretty successful. But aye, no minnows, and definitely in a position to compete with us despite our far prouder history.

I can't be bothered checking but I'd say they've both spent as much time as us in the higher levels of the football league in the last 50 years.

Two significant events this week, as Kamy says he did not know GB's fate, he probably also did not know Moyes was getting potted the day before.

Kamy, try contacting the Tickled trout and ask who Shaw had with him yesterday.

;)

Think you'll find the 'show' moved a few miles up the road today.

No secret who Moyes is pally with and regular drinks with but what power does Shelfy have if rumours are to be believed maybe even less than usual if he's in the next round of pottings

Who knows, it has been kept very quiet so far though so anything is possible,

I have heard it from 2 separate people though,

That said it could be anyone from a dozen

Question of the day. Where was Degsy this afternoon?

(a ) Pulling fluff from his bellybutton in an Ewood executive office

(B) Getting stuck into Shish Kebab and chips with Gary Megson at Khyber's in Whalley

© Getting stuck into a bottomless bucket of chicken legs in Pune

(d) Getting smashed in the Tickled Trout with David Moyes

(e) Having a Turkish Bath in Istanbul with Tugay and Hakan Sukur

None of us know what's going on. It was only the other week that Kamy's sources told us there were no plans to sack Bowyer.

Week? Try just the another day!

Kamy has his finger on the pulse on most things and I respect him and welcome his input, but this has caught everyone out, even Mercerman!!

Question of the day. Where was Degsy this afternoon?

(a ) Pulling fluff from his bellybutton in an Ewood executive office

(B) Getting stuck into Shish Kebab and chips with Gary Megson at Khyber's in Whalley

© Getting stuck into a bottomless bucket of chicken legs in Pune

(d) Getting smashed in the Tickled Trout with David Moyes

(e) Having a Turkish Bath in Istanbul with Tugay and Hakan Sukur

I'm trying to stay positive and convince myself to have faith that everything is under control.

We need to bear in mind that it is barely 24 hours since Bowyer was sacked, which is not a long time at all.

Having said that, it would be another disaster to add to the Venky charge sheet if they had ruthlessly sacked Bowyer, McPhillips, Grant, Short and Keeley without having a new man 99% in place. Hopefully today has been a day of fruitful progress and an announcement is imminent. If not we are in deep trouble, because if 'Plan A' fails things get really difficult. Plan B knows he isn't first choice and then we get down to the barrel scraping routine. Step forward Dave Jones, Gary Megson and whoever else is desperate for any Championship job.

If we hear nothing tomorrow I will start to be concerned. If we hear nothing by mid-late Friday I will be devastated.

Archived