BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

He's just said Venkys believe they have found a way to get out of embargo without selling in January but he doesn't know how that is

Wonder what the geniuses have cooked up now.

Off the top of my head 14 of 24 clubs voted to end FFP at the last meeting and with it getting thrown out in a European Court it won't exist soon and everyone will be out.

Watch this lot sell the family silver first.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will there be an 11 o'clocker?

:lol:

No please No

Wonder what the geniuses have cooked up now.

Off the top of my head 14 of 24 clubs voted to end FFP at the last meeting and with it getting thrown out in a European Court it won't exist soon and everyone will be out.

Watch this lot sell the family silver first.

Blatter on a breakdown today and Venky's find a way out of FFP,

connection maybe !

Nicko on R.Lancs now saying that we should be thankful we are not in Bolton or Wigan's shoes.

This is slightly naive as neither of those sides has had the squad we had last season, not to mention the best part of 50 goals from 2 strikers, and for me, that is the real reason Gary is no longer with us.

Also saying that he has just been told that Lambert is very much still on QPR's radar.

Nicko on R.Lancs now saying that we should be thankful we are not in Bolton or Wigan's shoes.

This is slightly naive as neither of those sides has had the squad we had last season, not to mention the best part of 50 goals from 2 strikers, and for me, that is the real reason Gary is no longer with us.

Also saying that he has just been told that Lambert is very much still on QPR's radar.

Did he mention his pal managed both Bolton and Wigan to no great distinction ?

*chuckle* go to love seeing rovers these days....the likes of Judan Ali, Fowler, MacLeish, McKinley, McAllister and even Giggs make it into the top 15 potential managers via oddschecker.

Would love to see Lambert there.. big fan and my second team has always been Norwich (was born in Blackburn but family have lived in sunny ol' Norwich for a while and I do now), he made such an impact here it is daft despite his departure there is still allot of love for the seemingly boring old duffer here.

But we are Rovers.. we probably offered Lambert a contract.. accepted but not signed by us... then ran off for Moyes to fail at the last fence there thanks to a certain shelfie.. Moyes will run off to next best thing and Lambert will be grumpy.. ergo we end up with Ali.

Every caller thought it was time for Bowyer to go. Every text/tweet bar 2 thought it was time for Bowyer to go.

Maybe, just maybe, the BRFCC poll was representative of the fan base after all. :-)

If we land Lambert people wanting Bowyer out are going to look very smart. If we land Juden Ali they are going to look very stupid.

Whether getting rid of Bowyer is a good idea or not totally depends on who we get in. As a statement on its own it doesn't really say anything.

• Backroom

Whoever they have in mind this should have been nailed down before giving Bowyer the boot.

Yeah, but unfortunately we are owned by morons. You'd hope that the new manager was a formality after binning Bowyer and his entire staff, but... Venky's.

Whoever they have in mind this should have been nailed down before giving Bowyer the boot.

I think we probably did as ever (Lambert).. how may times have we been close to signing something of class since venkys took over only to balls it up.

Prime candidate for me is shaw. should of gone when Venkys took over but the ass liker probably feeds them just enough to stay afloat.. we all know the type.

Rovers & QPR both proof positive that having mega rich Asian owners guarantees nothing apart from blinding chaos.

Anyway I fell for it thinking that as they had cleared the decks an appointment had already been decided upon for announcement today.

The half-full glass side of me is saying well half the job is done so patience for a day or two more is a virtue.

I hope this ends well with a real and experienced manager - it's just about our only hope.

If we land Lambert people wanting Bowyer out are going to look very smart. If we land Juden Ali they are going to look very stupid.

Whether getting rid of Bowyer is a good idea or not totally depends on who we get in. As a statement on its own it doesn't really say anything.

If you want a good laugh look Ali up on Wiki. Comic book stuff. A proper football con-man, no football ability so be a football coach.

Never said the decision was right. It's just what 98% of this board wanted and obviously what 90+% of Radio lancashire listeners wanted.

Says it all for me that you can now bet on Lambert again and the odds on a certain Moyes are getting shorter.. will be a fail again of epic proportions.. Lambert will run away and Moyes will want better.

I've just had £15 on Lambert NOT to be next manager at 4/1

Money I will be happy to lose.

Says it all for me that you can now bet on Lambert again and the odds on a certain Moyes are getting shorter.. will be a fail again of epic proportions.. Lambert will run away and Moyes will want better.

and by all accounts Degsy can say 'I didn't do it' and be telling the truth............

Not so JBN. Bowyer was either good enough to do what the club needed, or he wasn't. The next appointment has no bearing on that.

According to Nixon, Lambert hasn't said yes yet and this is all Balaji's project.

Balaji throwing his money in again? Last time that happened we got Rhodes.

Fingers crossed.

Balaji has always been the one interested, but that darn Mrs D always got in the way it seemed.

Not so JBN. Bowyer was either good enough to do what the club needed, or he wasn't. The next appointment has no bearing on that.

Really? That's a bit of a weird position to have. So you would sack someone even if the best person you could replace them with was significantly worse than the person sacked?

That does not strike me as a great strategic plan.

Archived