BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I would take anything Nixon says with a pinch of salt - is it possible Venky's advisor was not just looking at Bowyer? Perhaps he was looking at the whole structure and has reported back on Shaw's uselessness as well.

I agree with this but they must know his abilities after the court case for Berg?

Along with 90% of fans who have ENDURED the chaos of the last 3 years, I will not believe any rumours until the club release the news.

Also, I would hope that we have the decency to wait 48 hours following Gary's departure before announcing his replacement.

I wanted Gary gone as soon as it was clear that he had failed to even trouble the top six last season, with a top 4 or 5 squad (in my opinion). Despite this, I do feel for him. Not his fault that Venky's chief advisers are Iggle Piggle & La-La.

So, I am still apprehensive as I can't see how we would suddenly make a decent business/football decision after such a catalogue of naive, suicidal, catastrophic blunders.......

• Backroom

I agree with this but they must know his abilities after the court case for Berg?

Seems like he actually gained points with Venky's by being the fall guy in the Berg case. They must have been happy with his performance during that period or he would surely have been binned off straight away.

Put me on ignore then, so my toxic nature doesn't contaminate your brfcc experience.

I'm not saying your nature is toxic, just your comments.

Kind of pointless blocking every single person I disagree with, I might as well just leave the forum. Maybe I should, I think the problem is with me. I've been annoying people right and left, you're not the only one I offended. My deepest apologies.

I should stop responding to stuff I disagree with, I really am such an idiot.

Along with 90% of fans who have ENDURED the chaos of the last 3 years, I will not believe any rumours until the club release the news.

Also, I would hope that we have the decency to wait 48 hours following Gary's departure before announcing his replacement.

I wanted Gary gone as soon as it was clear that he had failed to even trouble the top six last season, with a top 4 or 5 squad (in my opinion). Despite this, I do feel for him. Not his fault that Venky's chief advisers are Iggle Piggle & La-La.

So, I am still apprehensive as I can't see how we would suddenly make a decent business/football decision after such a catalogue of naive, suicidal, catastrophic blunders.......

I feel for Bowyer too. But to hell with waiting a reasonable length of time for the sake of sentiment. Everyone knows the score. If a club sack a manager having made no moves or held talks with anyone else then they are barmy. Let's get the thing done ane give whoever it may be the chance to get stuck in.

Seems like he actually gained points with Venky's by being the fall guy in the Berg case. They must have been happy with his performance during that period or he would surely have been binned off straight away.

You would have thought so. But it does add up if the advisor was here to report back maybe the clear out will not stop just yet.

Hi guys! Sorry for the delay....had contracts to sign etc....you know boring lawyer stuff.........anyway...on with it.

I'd like to confirm it officially here that I AM TO BE THE NEXT BLACKBURN MANAGER.

So if everyone could send me their preferred starting 11 for Preston away I'll put them all in the hat.

Onwards and Upwards! :tu:

Well was working at Wigan V Blackpool last night, and I was thinking to myself "Damn Wigan play some really good football and look like a proper side, they would beat us" - then I see Bowyer has been sacked, hope to see a turnaround at Rovers like the one that is happening at Wigan.

I wonder if you would have thought the same if you saw them away to bury on Saturday.

Hi guys! Sorry for the delay....had contracts to sign etc....you know boring lawyer stuff.........anyway...on with it.

I'd like to confirm it officially here that I AM TO BE THE NEXT BLACKBURN MANAGER.

So if everyone could send me their preferred starting 11 for Preston away I'll put them all in the hat.

I honestly think you're better off sticking to shoutcasting StarCraft 2.

Still waiting for your next episode of Bronze League Heroes. :)

I'm putting this all down to 'Gary be gone ' experiment from the other Sunday.

Thank you, Husky. :)

are you trying to be comical or just plain daft

You're right, who am I kidding.

If we had won the CL five times under venkys you cant seriously think this as it is far to incomprehensible to imagine, the rise of the club the players we would have, it would be a cross between Barca/ real and Bayern, unbelievable Geoff :rover:

When we took apart Charlton, Ipswich and Leeds. Wait, not Leeds, we beat them at Elland, sorry.

So when we took apart Charlton and Ipswich.

ah but I saw neither of those as I was away on hols almost all of the first 2 months of the season, so for me it's much longer ago. Note I didn't say when did we last play like that but when did we, my husband and I, last see them play like that

Well, it looks like Mrs D read my little note to her in the GB thread yesterday. ;)

I'm delighted that some common sense has prevailed and decisions seem to have been made on a footballing basis for once. I will always be grateful to GB for what he did in steadying the ship but a change was desperately needed. He'd reached his glass ceiling and was never going to go through it.

My first choice would be Pearson, but if we've already sorted things out and Paul Lambert is about to walk through the door, I'm not disappointed. I think he'll have this group of players playing like we know they can on a more consistent basis based upon what he did with Norwich. I also think that a few of the 'easy streeters' will be nervously looking over their shoulders. I can see fitness levels improving dramatically.

If it is Lambert then I'm fully behind it, but please, Paul, no 'Marshy', 'Steeley', 'Craigy-Poos' or anything like that, we've seen enough pally pally.

I told my daughter about Bowyer this morning. Her comment? "Thank god for that! I don't have to watch him stand there clapping his hands and shout 'come on' anymore" Nuff said.

Really looking forward to the nobbers game now. If Shaw goes as well, I think a might get that excited that a little bit of wee might even come out! :o

COYB

• Backroom

I went down to the Remembrance ceremony at Ewood this morning and fully expected Derek Shaw to be there but he wasn't. I know he only bothers coming in to work a few days a week but would have been nice to show his face. Maybe he was busy talking to a prospective manager, or maybe, just maybe, Venkys have told him where to go.

I wonder if you would have thought the same if you saw them away to bury on Saturday.

probably not but the match he's referring to showed football at a lower level that's better than most of what we've endured for years. I wouldn't want to swap places with Wigan, but good football is possible with lesser players if they are coached and managed properly

I went down to the Remembrance ceremony at Ewood this morning and fully expected Derek Shaw to be there but he wasn't. I know he only bothers coming in to work a few days a week but would have been nice to show his face. Maybe he was busy talking to a prospective manager, or maybe, just maybe, Venkys have told him where to go.

Maybe Shaw was busy actually reading the next Managers contract before it's signed ^_^

Just can't see Lambert being hired. Hopefully I am wrong because he could do a lot here. It just Venky's we are talking about here. They haven't done anything right when it comes down to a huge desicion like this. Lambert seems like a guy who could take a challenge like this job. But again, would Venky's pay him wages he is used to? Really hope this is the turning point for the club but we have to wait and see.

Archived