BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bookies have stopped taking odds on Lambert which usually means they know something we don't know.

Although I do have it on very good authority that Moyes was at a party with Shaw on Saturday night, who knows what was said there, probably something or nothing.

Lambert wouldn't be bad, certainly prefer him over Sherwood, he's been in this league before and knows what it takes to get out of it. Moyes would be my choice but I think it's a huge ask to think he'll fancy it

Moyes and Degsy are pals and have often been seen out and about. No doubt Shaw might be trying to get Moysie through the door if he's interested and good on him but as we know Venkys will have other ideas.

I was aware of that and that's why I thought it may have been beyond a coincidence that Bowyer went 24 hours after Moyes was sacked. I think Moyes is the sort of man the Venkys would like, big name amongst English football and if/should he come to us he'd be arguably the best manager in that league. I can't see it myself though, I think its a risky job for him and don't think his career is going that badly to take it!!!

Indeed, there's only so many times you can say "Steve, listen big man, for the last time, this isn't Elland Road Butchers, it's Paul bloody Lambert!"

Ha ha

'I will take two kebabs, portion of chips and a pizza....... Not really that hungry tonight. Sorry Paul, it's me again, you are next to Pizza House in me phone'

Whoever comes in can they just tell it like it is. If we'd just played like drains say so. Don't @#/? in my ear and tell me it's raining. That's one of the things that sunk Bowyer. For all this " We gave it a real good go "- how many games did we really do just that ?

I remember listening to Radio Lancashire years ago and Stan Ternent had just taken over at Burnley. They'd just got battered at home by some lowly team. He'd subbed some real wasters at half time. He came on the radio after the game and said " As long as I'm manager at this club some of the players out there today will never play for this club again " ! And they didn't .

Does anyone else get a feeling of impending doom? We're all going to be much let down by this appointment.

Time will tell.

I think that's just the natural pessimism of a football supporter (especially with the cr@p we've had to put up with at Ewood since the Vs rocked up).

Alan Irvine being put forward as Lambert's number 2 tells me that there is definitely something in this. That hasn't been plucked out of thin air.

Whoever comes in can they just tell it like it is. If we'd just played like drains say so. Don't @#/? in my ear and tell me it's raining. That's one of the things that sunk Bowyer. For all this " We gave it a real good go "- how many games did we really do just that ?

I remember listening to Radio Lancashire years ago and Stan Ternent had just taken over at Burnley. They'd just got battered at home by some lowly team. He'd subbed some real wasters at half time. He came on the radio after the game and said " As long as I'm manager at this club some of the players out there today will never play for this club again " ! And they didn't .

i remember that. They weren't putting in any effort and were all transferred listed soon after. Who at Rovers should Bowyer have done that to?

One thing's certain... There are a lot of good candidates around at the moment.

Another thing is certain... We won't pick one of them (please let that be a jinx!).

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Does anyone else get a feeling of impending doom? We're all going to be much let down by this appointment.

Time will tell.

you'd hope for once they've learned their lesson and lined someone up before they even contemplated potting Bowyer and his staff, and that it would be a relatively 'big' name. It's gonna cost em a lot of money this change so lets hope they feel it's worth it. I reckon Lambert, no spoke without fire and all that. He could be just what we need.

Time will tell.

I can understand that, but I am seeing it as a great opportunity maybe the last opportunity Venky's have to get it right.

There are some really good candidates out there that would be interested in this job, it's up to Venky's to go out there and grab one.

I think that's just the natural pessimism of a football supporter (especially with the cr@p we've had to put up with at Ewood since the Vs rocked up).

Alan Irvine being put forward as Lambert's number 2 tells me that there is definitely something in this. That hasn't been plucked out of thin air.

Fun fact. Derek Shaw fired Alan Irvine as Preston manager in 2009:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/dec/29/alan-irvine-sacked-preston-manager

Lambert should be the target, he knows the league, experience of promotion while has also worked under difficult circumstances at Villa, he has contacts too. Where Bowyer has steadied the ship, Lambert is the type of manager who will take Rovers to next stage. A good manager who wouldn't be able to get a Premiere League job because of his reputation at Villa.

Moyes would be a coup, given his links to the North West, but 12 months down the line, would his heart be in it? When a job becomes available at Stoke, Newcastle, Sunderland or West Ham would he have wished he stayed out of work a bit longer. Would he stick around?

After the sacking of Big Sam, the club needs consistency, someone who shares a 5 year plan with the owners, someone not looking at a stop gap or stepping stone - thats isn't the man for the job.

Sherwood wouldn't cope with the restrictions at Blackburn, he is a mediocre manager in my opinion - The current regime at Blackburn Rovers and The Championship would just chew him up and spit him out.

Pearson wouldn't stand for Venkys @#/? and would walk within 6 months.

I actually once played against Chris Sutton's little brother John, in youth football, he wasn't that good, I bagged a hat trick in that game and we battered his side 6-2 or something. He's made a decent career for himself playing football whilst I ended up in web development...I guess he got the last laugh!

You've probably had the last laugh, when you look at who John has played for :P

Fun fact. Derek Shaw fired Alan Irvine as Preston manager in 2009:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/dec/29/alan-irvine-sacked-preston-manager

Lambert will have picked Irvine, not Shaw (if the reports are true). Football throws together all sorts of people who have previously been let go or sacked by one of their new colleagues. That's the nature of the business.

I've been championing Paul Lambert for a couple of years, so will be delighted if he gets the gig. The fact that Moyes has very recently come into the frame has made me think a bit but, after sleeping on it, think Lambert should be the man.

Very experienced from a playing perspective, has played abroad and has won things. Reasonably successful as a manager, the key thing being he has the pedigree to get a club out of this division. He also has youth on his side.

He'll certainly do for me and assuming he lands the job, I'll be feeling quite optimistic about the coming months, equally assuming he is left alone to do things his way.

Archived