BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

Read in to it what you want,Derek shaw was in the Anderton arms Preston on Saturday night,he was stood feet away,where's the Anderton arms 1/2 mile from moyes house,coincidence ?

Well hopefully Venky's will appoint Lambert and then sack Shaw so he can go there drinking more often with the Moyes boys

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trash...

What has Lambert done to convince you?

He has the worst win ratio at Villa and cant set a team up to defend? He's also got the charisma and personality of a pet dog.His signings are incredibly suspect too.

Other than that good post.

If it is Lambert he will have my backing.

Success at 3 out of 4 clubs he's managed including back to back promotions with Norwich.

Other than MON, who succeeds at Villa?

Not the first and won't be the last to fail at Villa. Promoted with Norwich from League one to the Prem. Good jobs at Wycombe and Colchester. All appointments are a gamble but taking a manager who has at least done the things in the past you want him to do now lessens that gamble.

If you pick a Sherwood or a Tugay then you are just taking a massive leap of faith.

Football management recruitment is a strange thing though. No other profession would do it this way.

I like everyone else should back whoever it is.

If i had a wish it would be Pearson.

Dream ticket of Sherwood and Souey as DOF.

• Backroom

I don't feel at all excited right now. Our current league position means the wrong man and we could as easily be relegated than push for the play offs. I'm not a betting man,but going on form surely the overriding feeling should be nervousness rather than optimism.

There are some pretty awful sides below us. Bolton and Rotherham are certs to go down imo, and I can't see the likes of Charlton or Huddersfield finishing above us unless we appoint an absolute disaster as manager. Under Venky's that is admittedly very possible, but chances are Bowyer would have had us relegated by the end of next season anyway.

For once Venky's have taken the initiative, like they should have done five years ago when their gamble on Kean hadn't paid off. Hopefully this time they'll appoint a proper manager - maybe they're tired of watching Rovers bleed their accounts each month.

Success at 3 out of 4 clubs he's managed including back to back promotions with Norwich.

Other than MON, who succeeds at Villa?

Helps when at Norwich he had a strong team for what was league one.

b

Back to back promotions was a blinder but he managed to get Bradley Johnson and Jonny Howson in the centre on free's which immensely helped.

I don't feel at all excited right now. Our current league position means the wrong man and we could as easily be relegated than push for the play offs. I'm not a betting man,but going on form surely the overriding feeling should be nervousness rather than optimism.

In a few my excited has turned to worry knowing that the Vs are well capable of yet another f-up.

I hope that they lined a new manager up before GBs sacking

Back to back promotions was a blinder but he managed to get Bradley Johnson and Jonny Howson in the centre on free's which immensely helped.

You're almost making that sound like a negative. One of our biggest weaknesses in our team for years and this guy has previously solved it for free!!

Lambert has a good record before Villa, I'd be happy with him as long as he gets to run things his way and bring his people in. Problem is though how can any manager operate in this environment with the embargo and Shaw? Doubt they will attract anyone unless there is a definite plan to get out of the embargo but if that involves selling Rhodes it might backfire horribly. Can't see where the money is coming from without selling Rhodes though, can't think of anyone else who would bring in any kind of decent fee without selling all our better players. basically anyone who can't get in our team is worth nothing so there's no point in talking about selling them. Just hope we don't go into our next match with the tea lady in charge.

Kevin Macdonald was McLeish/Houllier era but hes a great coach.

Can we get a vote going MODS?

You're almost making that sound like a negative. One of our biggest weaknesses in our team for years and this guy has previously solved it for free!!

Agreed, but it was an opportunity what must come round in a millennium. IMO he got lucky.

Sherwood and Souey wouldn't last five minutes. Both have got a big opinion of themselves, both played the same position, and both would have no qualms telling the other they were wrong. (only one has the ability to break the others jaw mind you).

I'm not sold on sherwood. I think if he got success he could go on to be a great. But, when it doesn't happen for him I think he has the unfortunate knack of getting players backs up rather than creating a united side. I didn't appreciate his self preservation at villa with all the blame he was quick to direct at the transfer panel. The same panel he knew about when he took the job. Great player but I have my doubts that he's a great man. As I say, that's OK if things are going well because people buy into his self belief. But when the chips are down has he got the personal touch to breath confidence into a faltering bunch of players?

Helps when at Norwich he had a strong team for what was league one.

b

He took Norwich over straight after they'd been dicked 7-1 at home to Colchester.

Let that sink in and then appreciate the turnaround to promotion.

He took Norwich over straight after they'd been dicked 7-1 at home to Colchester.

Let that sink in and then appreciate the turnaround to promotion.

By lamberts colchester if i remember?

It was Bryan Gunn as Norwich manager! How many games before and after has he managed? Didn't they at the same time get done 4-1 to Yeovil?

• Backroom

But when the chips are down has he got the personal touch to breath confidence into a faltering bunch of players?

I'd suggest not. I noticed a few times this season he hit out at his own players - fine to do in the privacy of the dressing room, but very few good managers do it in public. I think Tim could become a very good manager, but he needs to learn to keep things to himself and not say whatever is in his head during interviews.

By lamberts colchester if i remember?

It was Bryan Gunn as Norwich manager! How many games before and after has he managed? Didn't they at the same time get done 4-1 to Yeovil?

Inadvertently you're making a standout case for him!! Takes over basket case of a club with underachieving individuals and quickly leads them to success.

I reckon whoever it is will sign very soon. Usually the new manager comes in and makes the decision on back room staff. So getting rid of all but one of them suggests the new man has told them what he requires.

It also suggests the new man has experience.

Fingers crossed.

The real challenge for the new Manager is the crap (players) they will have to work with.

Never mind the crap owners and crap 'executive' (sic) team.

Will be interesting to see what a fresh pair of eyes will see in individual players and as a team and not be clouded by any misplaced loyalty.

It's probably someone being mischievous but this is the opening paragraph on his wiki:

Paul Lambert (born 7 August 1969) is a Scottish professional football manager and former player who has recently been appointed as manager of Blackburn Rovers.

Just for the sake of it. I text my brother who's a villa fan. Mentioned lambert being the favourite and he said "I'm really sorry to hear that".

I then said sherwood was another name mentioned but I'd prefer lambert. His reply was "I don't blame you. I'm convinced sherwood is a poisonous c#?t. If there's one thing which typifies randy learners reign it's been media silence. Sherwood rocks up and the club leaks stories from every orifice. Mainly his arse".

Just saying...

• Backroom
  1. It is already 99% decided & either Paul Lambert or Slavisa Jokanovic will replace Gary Bowyer #rovers #brfc (Moyes was never in the running)

0 retweets0 likes
    Retweet
    More
  2. Slavisa Jokanovic has links to Pini Zahavi - the agent that still advises the owners. He fancies the job but up to last week Mrs D said no

0 retweets0 likes
    Retweet
    More
  3. Lambert talked to the owners just over a week ago, however don't discount Slavisa Jokanovic #rovers #brfc

0 retweets0 likes
    Retweet
    More
  4. Shaw has fancied Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink for a while, however he won't have much influence #rovers #brfc

Not sure what Mark's sources are on this info, but worth posting anyway...

Archived