BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Moyes? Is everyone here sniffing glue? Has everyone forgotten what we are now? Imagine his wage demands!!!

Failing to succeed an absolute one-off at United and in a foreign country does not suddenly put him at our level.

Would be delighted with Lambert. Or Sherwood for the bantz.

Venkys will spend money. They just usually spend it badly.

Sherwood a no for me.

Awful feeling is Lambert... Hope not.

Please take a step back and have a little chuckle at yourself.

Talk of Lambert was dreamland this time yesterday.

Anywho. I'd like to say thanks and farewell to Gary Bowyer. He should have stayed in the caretaker/coach role (although his bank manager will no doubt beg to differ) then he stated 12 months too long. He could and should have been a good long term asset to BRFC.

It's a shame that he started to take on the fans a little towards the end. Perhaps he got a little too used to the blazer. I sincerely hope he pops up somewhere as a coach or even as a manager in League One. I wish him every success.

Our next appointment is absolutely vital. I hope we've sold the sleeping giant model to Moyes. But I would certainly take a no nonsense Sherwood and the feelgood factor he would bring.

One things for sure - the lads down at 'camp Brockhall' will be getting a little nervous. They may actually have to put a stint in now and call the gaffer Mr/Sir!

or Mrs or Miss, Remember Venky's still decision making :)

Know it means nothing with the small market but ..

Betting currently suspended after a number of bets on Paul Lambert taking over the reins at Ewood Park... #Rovers

Has Freddy Adu done his badges?

Not Tactics Tim and his gilet. Or Souness. Prefer an up-and-comer with something to prove. Moyes seems laughable considering his last 3 jobs. Why would he come to a Chmp club under an embargo. Shaw is a genius if he pulls that one off, or he's got some dirty pics of Moyes and Jon Macken in flagrante.

Lambert seems a fairly good shout.

Looks like an appointment is close if they've got rid of all GB's backroom staff...unless Venky's pulled the trigger without thinking about the next step...Degsy in the dugout at Deepdale

While he wouldn't be my first choice, people shouldn't be so quick to turn their noses up at Sherwood. Yes, he flopped at Villa but that job is a poisoned chalice and not the easiest place to cut your managerial teeth. One rung down from the hustle and bustle of the Premier League, Sherwood's passion, candour, and ties to the club could be the shot in the arm that everyone needs.

If we sold Killa, wouldn't Hanley & Duffy be our only cb options?

I actually hope he gets back in the team. Our best cb by a country mile when he got games last season.

hanley and Duffy, with spurt and lenihan as cover and we could always get another CB, whether that be on a free or small fee. And whilst I agree Kilgallon is great, Hanley and Duffy have formed such a good partnership this season IMO, so they'd be my first choices regardless. Ultimately it's all down to the new manager though.

• Backroom

...unless Venky's pulled the trigger without thinking about the next step...

With Venky's, that could be entirely possible.

While he wouldn't be my first choice, people shouldn't be so quick to turn their noses up at Sherwood. Yes, he flopped at Villa but that job is a poisoned chalice and not the easiest place to cut your managerial teeth. One rung down from the hustle and bustle of the Premier League, Sherwood's passion, candour, and ties to the club could be the shot in the arm that everyone needs.

Tactically Sherwood was a mess at Villa, not convinced his man management is as good as claimed either - it all seems to be based on his brief rehabilitation of Adebayor.

Sherwood is still very much a novice, and I feel like we need experience now more than ever. We've needed it since Allardyce left. It's time to go for the safe option.

I have been lucky enough to meet Moyes a couple of times and was very impressed with him. I sat next to him flying down to London City Airport to watch Rovers at Charlton, we then shared a cab. His detail on both teams was most impressive, he also said some nice things about Rovers (pre-Venkys).

I can't see us getting anything like a fee for anybody we'd want to lose. I like Kilgallon but how much do you think he's worth ?

maybe 2 million? Might be a bit optimistic but I think he's worth a fair bit

Archived