BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other clubs better resourced than us and not in embargo who would take Lambert. A prime example being Fulham now. Wonder if they have approached Lambert and this could mess with our game plan.

Alan Irvine knows Rovers very well and speaks very highly of the club. I was in hospital at the same time as his dad a few years ago and he (Alan Irvine) reckoned it was the best club he had ever played for, and that was before all the Walker money came in. He coached here since. Notwithstanding the mess the V's have made, if he has had a conversation with Lambert - and you would have to assume he has and does on a regular basis - he would have 'sold' the club based on its history, its fans, and its facilities to him I would expect. I really do hope this gets announced soon!!

• Backroom

If I was Lambert (Rovers sympathies aside) and I looked across the division there would be 6-8 other jobs I would fancy before the Ewood Park hotseat, and I would know my CV would mean I was a prime candidate.

Bowyer's sacking has certainly thrown the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons. Fulham and QPR are suddenly vying with another club for potential candidates, which is another reason we need to get Lambert signed up as soon as possible if a tenative agreement has been reached. Don't give the other clubs a chance to panic and intervene.

Everything Bowyer isn't. He was doom personified.

That's not a very nice thing to say. Bowyer, for all his faults, did a decent job. Granted, 3 wins in 16 is just not good enough, but comments like "doom personified" are uncalled for. He's a lot better than Kea - He Who Shall Not Be Named. I almost forgot BRFCS censored his name.

What happens if Irvine pops up..without Lambert ? Stranger things have happened.

That's my worry too. That would be very bad. Also not a big Sherwood fan although do prefer him to Bowyer by a long way.

Also why do they have to be out of work? If we want to get this one right, maybe the right guy is with another club. I'd be massively tempted by Warburton or Grayson at clubs, as well as Adkins and Rowett (who doesn't have a contract allegedly).

Mind you I'd also be delighted with Moyes or Lambert. Anyone with experience and some success will be a big step up.

Well, with the odds being so short, and the multiple new sources seeming convinced its Lambert and the entire backroom staff being kicked out, not just GB, my assumption is that it has to be all done and dusted with Lambert coming in.

If that isn't the case and we havent got anyone lined up then it could be a real car crash as we scramble around trying to find someone who wants the job, which might not include any of the attractive names being bounced around.

Third option is there is someone, not Lambert, lined up. Moyes seems a non starter on that front. He would never need a job like ours. Jovakonovic maybe, but really on spec to agree a job and staff while running a CL club? Can't see it. Only other name in the frame I could see maybe being lined up properly is possibly Sherwood. But he's only just been sacked and will want to take stock before jumping into our job imo as well as agree the staff.

If the Lambert thing falls through I will be getting worried.Other clubs better resourced than us and not in embargo who would take Lambert. A prime example being Fulham now. Wonder if they have approached Lambert and this could mess with our game plan.

If I was Lambert (Rovers sympathies aside) and I looked across the division there would be 6-8 other jobs I would fancy before the Ewood Park hotseat, and I would know my CV would mean I was a prime candidate.

I accept we will be behind every other club at our level looking for a new manager. That's pretty obvious unfortunately.

I'm with quite a few posters on this. After five years of making one complete howler after another can the Chicken Chokers finally learn how things work in pro football ? It's hard to believe they have.

That's my worry too. That would be very bad. Also not a big Sherwood fan although do prefer him to Bowyer by a long way.

Also why do they have to be out of work? If we want to get this one right, maybe the right guy is with another club. I'd be massively tempted by Warburton or Grayson at clubs, as well as Adkins and Rowett (who doesn't have a contract allegedly).

Mind you I'd also be delighted with Moyes or Lambert. Anyone with experience and some success will be a big step up.

If we have potted the entire back room team while being at the stage of not even formally approaching a manager (as would be the case with someone currently employed) then we are in a very very bad place. Every chance we would be turned down the approach, or the manager would reject us, and we will be left trying to run the club with 2 coaches.

Nightmare scenario.

Alan Irvine knows Rovers very well and speaks very highly of the club. I was in hospital at the same time as his dad a few years ago and he (Alan Irvine) reckoned it was the best club he had ever played for, and that was before all the Walker money came in. He coached here since. Notwithstanding the mess the V's have made, if he has had a conversation with Lambert - and you would have to assume he has and does on a regular basis - he would have 'sold' the club based on its history, its fans, and its facilities to him I would expect. I really do hope this gets announced soon!!

I'd like Irvine on the coaching staff but as a manager- no thanks. He was a disaster waiting to happen at WBA.

All it takes is for someone to mention to them that it would be a lot cheaper !

I'd love:

Lambert

Moyes (though he'd leave as soon as a decent PL job was available)

Pearson

Jokanovic

I'd be wary of:

Sherwood (looks like an alcoholic, no tactical sense)

Rosler (Warburton was the brains at Brentford)

McAllister

McLeish

Keane

I'd hate:

Kean

Ali

Platt

Ince

McKinley

Shearer

I agree with most of that. However if any of the top four choices were successful they'd be off if a Premier League club came in. That's the way of the World unfortunately.

Well was working at Wigan V Blackpool last night, and I was thinking to myself "Damn Wigan play some really good football and look like a proper side, they would beat us" - then I see Bowyer has been sacked, hope to see a turnaround at Rovers like the one that is happening at Wigan.

I saw the highlights of the Wigan match and said to my husband what was the last time we saw that style of football in a league match at ewood and we couldn't remember. They passed and moved forwards, not backwards or sideways unless that was necessary. When they attacked they looked threatening not indecisive

Archived