BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

It seems very likely that that WAS the owners position until recently. Now they appear to have had a change of mind, like Chaddy!

To argue that coasting along in the Championship indefinitely,buying and selling, was never in their "plan" is stretching it a bit.

Is that sour grapes I smell?

Nope, not at all, I thought him a poor manager.

I think your reading of the owners' plans wrong though. Indecision and poor decisions always come first for me over bizarre theories that make no sense whatsoever - lose 20 million a year to make six million once every three years.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Did mention yesterday that I'd heard a presser for today had been pencilled in. Clearly, not quite there yet.

IMV, Wheelock hasn't a clue what's going on.

Think his favourite school subject was history because, IMV, that's all he writes about.

The LT seem way off the mark in general these days. Cryer was well-connected, it seems as though Wheelock can't be bothered to be....

Did mention yesterday that I'd heard a presser for today had been pencilled in. Clearly, not quite there yet.

IMV, Wheelock hasn't a clue what's going on.

Think his favourite school subject was history because, IMV, that's all he writes about.

Unlike your own favourite topic Merce, which I can only surmise from past performance is "low accuracy guessing". Didn't have it at my school, but you must have totally bossed it.

bluebruce, joey_big_nose, nice one guys. Who cares, it's Friday afternoon and the Bowyerless weekend has begun!

Aye, said with no malice, just poking fun. You do seem to have a fairly poor track record, but I'd still rather you post it than don't. :rover:

Not for me, deeply average manager and even worse as a player. He's in my all time worst Rovers 11 at right back. Just keeping Patrick Valery out.

A nothing player, sure (although Valery was definitely worse), but I don't see a whole lot wrong with his managerial record. Got promotions under his belt. Leeds are a club that no manager thrives at for many a moon. Huddersfield are a bit of an ungrateful lot that think a little too much of themselves if you ask me. The rest of his record is pretty good. Still prefer Lambert though, as somebody with experience of getting out of THIS league.

It would be interesting to see who else Paul Lambert bring in to his coaching staff.

Who going to be GK coach? Will it be Gennoe or Andy Marshall?

Will he promote Damien Johnson from Reserve team manager to First team coach?

Who will be first team coach?

Steady on Chaddy lets get the deal done first.

Wheelock now saying that 'as things currently stand let to believe Rovers will not be officially announcing their new manager today'

Notice that he is covering himself well there. 'As things currently stand' means they could change at a moments notice, 'led to believe' means it isn't his story but hearsay.

Wheelock now saying that 'as things currently stand let to believe Rovers will not be officially announcing their new manager today'

Notice that he is covering himself well there. 'As things currently stand' means they could change at a moments notice, 'led to believe' means it isn't his story but hearsay.

I think I'm a better reporter of current Rovers news that Wheelock, personally.

Allegedly today...

548A62D2-A610-4610-A4E3-A4DBE85C16F2.jpg

(Not mine, lifted off Fb)

Edit: could easily be fake/joke/hoax

Well seeing as we have a purpose built modern press room similar to a small theatre in the Jack Walker stand, why would we use a room like that?

Edit: just noticed others have posted similar. Must keep up.

It's a valid point, however for some, they haven't attended for so long that I think they have just lost the appetite and found other things to enjoy, it's a shame but that's how it is, the club will have to work extremely hard to get those back.

I think most of the remaining stay-aways are doing so until the Venky's are history, which I admire. I was one of the K**n boycotters, and have now returned.

I think an unlikely, much belated reversal of gameplan and performance by the Rao's will slowly bring back 2 - 6000, and the full 18/19000+ of us will be back when we return to the top division(whether that's in 2 or 20 years).

The 3 or 4000 who have lost the appetite will return or be replaced by others less battered by the sickening devastation of the last 60 months.

They'll be most welcome.

It would be interesting to see who else Paul Lambert bring in to his coaching staff.

Who going to be GK coach? Will it be Gennoe or Andy Marshall?

Will he promote Damien Johnson from Reserve team manager to First team coach?

Who will be first team coach?

If its Lambert I expect to see a lot of those he worked with at Villa.

Gordon Cowans and Andy Marshall are possibilities although both are still employed by Villa.

I would expect to see Scott Marshall in there in some capacity. He is available and worked under Lambert at Norwich and Villa.

Doubt we'll see Culverhouse though after his suspicious departure from Villa.

Not that this bothers me personally, as it's all in the past, but for those wanting Moyes...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-from-deepdale-to-the-uplands-1044738.html

. "This (Preston) is a bigger football town than Blackburn," points out Moyes. "We're getting 12,000 crowds but even if we did get promotion, it would be tough competing with the money First Division clubs have, never mind Arsenal"

Always had a bit of a problem with Rovers has Moyes.

• Moderation Lead

Bloody hell, it's like it's come straight out of a Nob Ender's mouth! Remove football from that sentence and he's right, unfortunately for them though, their town is full of plastics. (Oh, the irony).

Archived