BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

Let's be honest here and say he's inherited a lot of crap players too.Not even Jesus can make Delfeuso into a good player. The other names you mentioned are good shouts as alternatives though Mobray was pretty poor at Boro. In Lambert's defence apart from today, the defence is a bit better, and Jackson is only here until May.

Never mind let's hope we go down so we can all only turn up to 1 match a season to boo every player....................

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand he wasnt a popular figure. But is anyone else a little concerned with the shaw departure? Not because we've been left short of his unappreciated talent. But I'm starting to wonder if he has seen or heard something behind the scenes he suspected would lead to severe discontent. Off the back of Lambert coming out with a strong recommendation for a heavy summer spend, I'm starting to feel a little wary that maybe our owners aren't planning the big show of support we hoped for.

• Backroom

I don't think there's been any evidence to suggest Venky's have even been considering splashing the cash, aside from assumptions that Lambert wouldn't have taken the job had he not been guaranteed significant funds in the summer. Perhaps he wasn't promised that at all. Their outlay on Lambert may simply have been a tactic to avoid dropping into League One.

Who knows. It's impossible to guess what the owners are thinking because they rarely act with any logic. To paraphrase a soon to be WWE hall of famer... the only thing that's for sure about Venky's, is nothing's for sure.

I understand he wasnt a popular figure. But is anyone else a little concerned with the shaw departure? Not because we've been left short of his unappreciated talent. But I'm starting to wonder if he has seen or heard something behind the scenes he suspected would lead to severe discontent. Off the back of Lambert coming out with a strong recommendation for a heavy summer spend, I'm starting to feel a little wary that maybe our owners aren't planning the big show of support we hoped for.

I must admit I took it very much as a "don't particularly want to be around when the **** hits the fan" type departure as well.

I also thought PL was keeping his options open and strategically inching a couple of inches nearer the exit door with his recent comments as well.

Nothing would surprise me for summer. Imo nothing that has happened over the last month or so is inconsistent with the V's preparing to bail out.

On the other hand, given their penchant for doing exactly the opposite to what you expect it's not completely inconceivable they'll give the manager a huge war chest in summer either.

I must admit I took it very much as a "don't particularly want to be around when the **** hits the fan" type departure as well.

I also thought PL was keeping his options open and strategically inching a couple of inches nearer the exit door with his recent comments as well.

Nothing would surprise me for summer. Imo nothing that has happened over the last month or so is inconsistent with the V's preparing to bail out.

On the other hand, given their penchant for doing exactly the opposite to what you expect it's not completely inconceivable they'll give the manager a huge war chest in summer either.

Perhaps after his cost cutting remit he feared the worst with a big spend on the horizon. Who knows.

I think today was a message from PL to India. If,if they have any thoughts about getting into the top league, then the absolute shyte he's got to pick from cannot seriously compete. Perhaps if he'd have played his best team, scraped a draw and then the accountants less inclined to spend. Just a thought. There must be a reason for not playing a better team and having a go.....

I don't think PL will get is promoted next season. I do think he will clear out the dross improve fitness and get the right mentality instilled. Next year we should see a massive improvement and build from there. People talking of sacking him must be crazy. No one could do much better with that squad no matter what team or formation is put out. He has my full backing and support and will not judge him until at least Xmas. He needs time and negativity towards him will not help our promotion ambitions. We need to get behind him and let him start rebuilding after the steadying job GB did and it will take time. I will say however I don't see what Elliot Bennett offers and think he is and will be a poor signing

Seeing as I'm not holding back tonight I have to say the managers tactics and approach to this game left me angry, very angry. Yes West Ham were a cut above, they're a Prem team but they're a bloody good one yet we meekly surrendered to Hull who ain't that good in all honesty but it got put down to them being great. We need to start looking at ourselves now, the one thing I thought we'd get in difference to Bowyers reign is I thought if we lose and we just aren't good enough, and we aren't, we'll at least get beat fighting. We don't.

Disappointed with yesterday but still remain 100% behind Lambert. I have faith he will get it right, the man has a point to prove and is ambitious and given time and a decent pre season I think he'll get us performing next season. Just hope he has the balls to get rid of Brown, Taylor, Williamson, Steele, Henley (loan maybe), Eastwood and bring in better quality players. If he re-signs Taylor or Brown then alarm bells will be going off for me.

Here are Lambert's official comments: http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/blackburn-rovers-west-ham-united-paul-lambert-2966129.aspx

No apology, not admittance of grave errors, or any errors at all, for him a 5-1 hammering does not count as capitulation, and he blames everything on the red card.

Basically a tosser with no ideas who will be all to happy to be collecting his paycheck at the expense of the clueless club.

The very fact that you'd call someone a tosser who is just trying to do his job is a good indication that you're a massive one.

Villa got beat 6-0 at home by Liverpool the other week with 11 men and they're in the same league. I mean christ we played a team who are having a blinding season, brought enough fans to turn it into a home game for them, we took the lead and it was 2-1 when Taylor got sent off. It was 3-1 after 85 minutes and we conceded 2 at the end chasing the game, not capitulating, trying to get one back. We could have lost 3-1 had we decided to capitulate and stuck all 9 outfield players on the edge of the 18 yard box.

The occasional thrashing is part of football, maybe the resulting fan temper tantrums are as well. But I hope to god Venkys don't ever join in with them again. The mass temper tantrum after the thrashing at Man U under Allardyce is what started us on the road to where we are now.

If you seriously think Allardyce was potted after that defeat and replaced by Steve Kean all because of that I think your a bit wide of the mark. That was just the excuse they needed to put their stupid little plan in place and it was always going to happen.

If you seriously think Allardyce was potted after that defeat and replaced by Steve Kean all because of that I think your a bit wide of the mark. That was just the excuse they needed to put their stupid little plan in place and it was always going to happen.

The point being, it was the excuse. They could claim the fans had had enough of Allardyce and make the sacking seem more reasonable, in venkys eyes.

You see too many teams hire big name Managers in his league expecting an instant reaction and promotion in the same season.

What people need to realise is no matter how good a Manager is, damage can't be fixed overnight!

Lambert needs to be given next season to prove his worth.

If we're any less than 10th by Christmas he needs to go but I don't think we'll do badly next season once he's got us playing the way he wants to.

Have to agree with Neal. Not happy at all at yesterday's events, but feel Lambert represents the best chance we have of turning things round, IF HE'S BACKED FINANCIALLY TO REBUILD THE TEAM.

The quality of the squad, even with the recent additions, is arguably the worst it's been in living memory.

Ultimately we remain in the hands of fools. Happy Days...

Disappointed with yesterday but still remain 100% behind Lambert. I have faith he will get it right, the man has a point to prove and is ambitious and given time and a decent pre season I think he'll get us performing next season. Just hope he has the balls to get rid of Brown, Taylor, Williamson, Steele, Henley (loan maybe), Eastwood and bring in better quality players. If he re-signs Taylor or Brown then alarm bells will be going off for me.

Why would anybody re-sign 'clean sheet' Brown?

Well at least Rovers played well for a while yesterday its not even comparable. Nowhere near as bad as that performance was. Allardyce was so embarrassed that he was happy to show his face at Old Trafford just a few weeks later. Only thing that stopped him was being fired so clearly personal embarrassment was more important than professional embarrassment. If I had taken over Rovers perhaps I would have waited until end of the season for a change (as West Ham did) but that result would have changed my mind. As it turned out even Kean didn't manage to relegate the club that season. Club would have had a clean slate in summer 2011 under any decent ownership and an exciting new manager.

Well at least Rovers played well for a while yesterday its not even comparable. Nowhere near as bad as that performance was. Allardyce was so embarrassed that he was happy to show his face at Old Trafford just a few weeks later. Only thing that stopped him was being fired so clearly personal embarrassment was more important than professional embarrassment. If I had taken over Rovers perhaps I would have waited until end of the season for a change (as West Ham did) but that result would have changed my mind. As it turned out even Kean didn't manage to relegate the club that season. Club would have had a clean slate in summer 2011 under any decent ownership and an exciting new manager.

What has the personal or professional embarrassment of Allardice got to do with anything happening at Ewood these days

Have to agree with Neal. Not happy at all at yesterday's events, but feel Lambert represents the best chance we have of turning things round, IF HE'S BACKED FINANCIALLY TO REBUILD THE TEAM.

The quality of the squad, even with the recent additions, is arguably the worst it's been in living memory.

Ultimately we remain in the hands of fools. Happy Days...

Following his recent comments I'd wager he'll be off if he isn't backed.

Following his recent comments I'd wager he'll be off if he isn't backed.

Asked Nixon about what appeared to be a veiled spending threat and assurances when he took the job.

"Maybe Lambert also finding out that Venkys can be a little slow."

"Maybe winning the odd hand would keep Venkys enthusiastic. That was up with Man U mauling from Sam time."

• Moderation Lead

I've said this before, but I'll say it again for posterity.

Unless Alan Nixon is announcing he's fleeing to Syria to be a suicide bomber for ISIS, I won't take heed of anything he has to say. Certainly not where Rovers are concerned.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again for posterity.

Unless Alan Nixon is announcing he's fleeing to Syria to be a suicide bomber for ISIS, I won't take heed of anything he has to say. Certainly not where Rovers are concerned.

If he tells you what day it is, check a calendar.

Archived