BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

A fourth group who maybe don't think we'll actually get relegated but wouldn't be surprised to be in a bit of a battle not to. Some have predicted that to be on the cards from the beginning of the season after the continuous downgrade and of course embargo. Thankfully we do have a guy in charge who should be able to keep our heads above water with his recent signings and robust approach to games.

It won't be plain sailing though and saying that is just being realistic given the state the club is now in after 5 years of total mismanagement and waste on most levels !

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worry about Steele under this new GK coach. When he first came his kicking was terrible and he seemed like he'd no strength in his legs but I thought he really improved on that as time went on. Never perfect but not the liability he was at first but this season recently his kicking has gone backwards and he's seemed shaky at times. Still a quick to get down type of guy but not commanding enough.

He was brought in on recommendation of the previous GK coach and after watching them work in the warm ups etc they were very thorough. Just doesn't seem that way with this new guy.

Tbh I've not been convinced by Steele at any point during his stay with us. Such a crucial position, one of those you need to have quality and an area PL should be looking to bring someone in during the summer.

I think the drop off in talent for keepers is quite big from premier league to championship. Cant really remember seeing a decent keeper at ewood all season.

Hull where the best side I've seen at ewood all season and even their keeper looked dodgy. Fulhams keeper last night looked pants also.

I think steele is adequate at this level. Certainly not top end talent, but more than good enough for the level we are now at

I think the drop off in talent for keepers is quite big from premier league to championship. Cant really remember seeing a decent keeper at ewood all season.

Hull where the best side I've seen at ewood all season and even their keeper looked dodgy. Fulhams keeper last night looked pants also.

I think steele is adequate at this level. Certainly not top end talent, but more than good enough for the level we are now at

First reading of this I thought you were totally wrong and went out to check. Other than Sheff Weds with Westwood, an excellent keeper imo, the Greek lad from Boro, and Heaton at the dingles, both of whom I think are pretty good, there isn't much quality there.

Still don't think Steele is good enough though, he'd still be below average for this division. Also with top young talent being loaned out, the way Hart and Butland were, along with perhaps a few veteran keepers who fancy more first team action, I think there is a lot of potential for improving on Steele. Mainly as he isn't that good.

But I think you're spot on that keeping standards in the championship are pretty poor.

That's how I'd best describe Steele: "adequate". We should definitely be looking to improve in that area, but I wouldn't prioritize it over other positions.

Other than Sheff Weds with Westwood, an excellent keeper imo,

Who was available on a free. We missed a trick there.

We now have a manager who has successfully played at the highest level, has a proven track record as a manager and is not afraid to make difficult decisions.

I will judge him at the end of next season.

To think that, IMV, the vacuous thinking and negativity of Bowyer was given the best part of 3 seasons is beyond the pale.

After, IMV, the shenanigans of Kean, Appleton, Berg and Bowyer, we should be lauding a real and credible manager who is attempting to turn around an oil tanker of a football club that had almost completely lost its bearings.

Onwards and upwards, in Lambert we trust.

That's how I'd best describe Steele: "adequate". We should definitely be looking to improve in that area, but I wouldn't prioritize it over other positions.

Who was available on a free. We missed a trick there.

I would. It's the first signing I would make. We know we can recruit better in goal. Amazed Bowyer fannied about like he did in such a key position. About time we had a top keeper again. Worth their weight in gold instilling confidence throughout the team.

We now have a manager who has successfully played at the highest level, has a proven track record as a manager and is not afraid to make difficult decisions.

I will judge him at the end of next season.

To think that, IMV, the vacuous thinking and negativity of Bowyer was given the best part of 3 seasons is beyond the pale.

After, IMV, the shenanigans of Kean, Appleton, Berg and Bowyer, we should be lauding a real and credible manager who is attempting to turn around an oil tanker of a football club that had almost completely lost its bearings.

Onwards and upwards, in Lambert we trust.

Exactly how I feel MM. I am genuinely excited as to how he reshapes and models the club on the playing front, especially in midfield. Looking forward to seeing some tidy and skilful ball-players again at some stage. Younger players will also come confident he will give them a chance, if ready and deserving.

To think Bowyer started the season with Raya in net. Terrifying.

I'm so glad we've moved on from the needless tinkerman routine now it uused to get me angrier than actually losing games at times. Now when changes are made you do get the feeling there is a genuine reason or idea behind it.

We're between 25-1 and 50-1 with various bookmakers to get relegated. It's never gonna happen, most suggestions of it among our support strike me as a combination of the type of people who thought the world was gonna end because the Mayan calendar predicted it, and the Lambert-haters who are just trying to incite a bit of panic and disgruntlement.

:rolleyes:

• Moderation Lead

Love how the players needed a team meeting to show them we're struggling at the bottom of the table.

Do they just live in a bubble? Or are there still roots of complacency from the previous era?

Ignorance is bliss I'd say. Maybe they just needed it clarifying just how deep in the dung we were at that time. In any case, we're not out of the woods yet of course!

It's one thing knowing it as individuals and another facing up to it as a team. It's also different the management telling you from actually sitting together and facing up to the facts. Team meetings where everyone accepts responsibility and works out what they need to do can have a huge imoact

Lambert is ok 5 live as we speak.. Must say on match days I often struggle to understand what he's saying but seems to be very clear today

I said earlier in the week he was going to be on 5 live on Friday. My daughter currently gets the guests for the show

Archived