BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Backroom

Graham's out of contact in the summer, so if we sign him it'll only be wages/signing on fee - and I'd only be signing him if both were significantly lower than he's been on in the past few years.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lambert talks about honesty and he needs to be honest with the Blackburn public by apologising for today's perfprmance. He got it wrong on every level and his team after it surprisingly took the lead was pathetic. Do you think we'll get an apology ? Not a chance.

I think Lambert will get us top 6 next season. We need an overhaul of the squad in the summer. Thats why I think Lambert will sign 8 or 9 players come the summer.

This squad wont get promote so thats why we need the overhaul of the squad

The time to judge Lambert is in next summer for me.

So you championed Gary Bowyer's signings now you are seemingly dismissing them and actively seeking to bring in a shed load more players.

What's your agenda ?

Agreed - throw Henley in too. Hopefully get one or two in on loan until the end of the season so that those dollopers don't pull on the shirt every week.

I can forgive a lack of talent, but never a lack of effort.

Steele's problem isn't a lack of effort being a goalkeeper he just isn't good enough. Could see that the first time I watched him. As you say you can forgive lack of talent but he's not good enough for a team with hopes of getting promoted. I don't have confidence or assurance with him at all. So he should be sold in the summer. Its not exactly hard to find goalkeepers after all and Rovers can get something better.

Lambert talks about honesty and he needs to be honest with the Blackburn public by apologising for today's perfprmance. He got it wrong on every level and his team after it surprisingly took the lead was pathetic. Do you think we'll get an apology ? Not a chance.

He should apologise for talking about a "full house" (which was never going to happen) which gave the impression the starting 11 would be a lot stronger. People might say fans shouldn't base attendance on what the first 11 is but they shouldn't be blatantly mislead either.

As if this club hasn't had enough bad PR. Lambert make a mistake with this and maybe some tolerance should be shown but it better not happen again next season.

Graham's out of contact in the summer, so if we sign him it'll only be wages/signing on fee - and I'd only be signing him if both were significantly lower than he's been on in the past few years.

Signing on fees on Bosmans can be huge,

I wouldnt be surprised if Rhodes money has 50% gone already on the business we have already done, loan fees etc.

• Moderation Lead

Textbook knee jerk reactions post game. This board gets more and bi-polar each day. I actually saw someone say Lambert hadn't convinced them yet, a win might change that. Good grief. More up and down than a bride's nighty. Give those heads a wobble.

Textbook knee jerk reactions post game. This board gets more and bi-polar each day. I actually saw someone say Lambert hadn't convinced them yet, a win might change that. Good grief. More up and down than a bride's nighty. Give those heads a wobble.

I stopped reading before the end of the game because the posts were just baffling, but bipolar is exactly the word of thought of as well.

The swing from one game to the next is insane. I hope, for the sake of the posters that are most guilty, that they don't live their daily lives swinging between extreme emotions.

We're still heading in the right direction overall. A bad 30/40 minutes against a team way better than ours hasn't suddenly derailed everything.

I don't think its knee jerk , K-Hod.

Like a good number on here I was all in favour of the change thinking Bowyer had run his course and that if as we all believed this squad was under achieving then bringing some one in who could get a better tune out of them was the right move. The trio of lambert , Irvine and Kelly made total sense and we were all enthused especially after a couple of good early results. Crikey, we even dreamt of play offs briefly .

What has followed however has provided far more questions than answers and perhaps the squad weren't underperforming under Bowyer-they were just crap. But ad Glen Mullan has said , he has brought a lot of new faces in who apart from Gomez and possibly Graham , the rest look pretty damned ordinary best. I think we must bumble on until Summer and then hope for major ,major surgery . It may be that even Lambert is shocked at how bad we are but his signings like Watt, Bennett etc are not apparently any better than what we have. We now have only our right back who you would bet on to get you 5 or more goals a season, possibly Graham. That alone tells you where you are going to be in the league table.

However, the run of results and probably more so the style of play is a real cause for concern amongst fans and the tactical nous of the 3 of them doesn't look overly impressive so far.

So far from knee jerk, I think most are willing him to get it right and are still with him for now.But, he has it all to prove and most certainly the early goodwill towards him has subsided considerably . Dare is say, we are heading towards yet another ''big summer''??

This is now about scrambling enough points together , however we do it, before the end of the season and then the acid test of this bloke will begin.

Do I think we will go down? No, not for a minute but it is a question we didn't think would resurface after the Bristol City win and Lambert and crew have had enough time to make a mark since then and have hardly done so.

It is a concern for everybody , K-Hod.

Lambert is PROVEN at this level and has a Promotions on HIS CV.

He will bring in his players to play his style.

I expect Graham, Watt and Gomez to sign permanent. Think Graham is the sort of striker we need.

Expecting a massive overhaul this summer.

There are no guarantees, Chaddy. I think that's the point.

Optimism or blind faith?

This club has been in or on the edge of a crisis for several years. Fans want to believe because they are fans. But this isnt a matter of confidence in the team any more. The club can't afford to lose the trust of paying customers. Lots of kids there today with parents. Persuaded by Lambo's rhetoric probably.

When Lambert said he wanted fans to be out of their seats, I don't think he meant ten minutes before the end heading to the exits with their kids - future supporters - in tow.

• Moderation Lead

I don't think its knee jerk , K-Hod.

Like a good number on here I was all in favour of the change thinking Bowyer had run his course and that if as we all believed this squad was under achieving then bringing some one in who could get a better tune out of them was the right move. The trio of lambert , Irvine and Kelly made total sense and we were all enthused especially after a couple of good early results. Crikey, we even dreamt of play offs briefly .

What has followed however has provided far more questions than answers and perhaps the squad weren't underperforming under Bowyer-they were just crap. But ad Glen Mullan has said , he has brought a lot of new faces in who apart from Gomez and possibly Graham , the rest look pretty damned ordinary best. I think we must bumble on until Summer and then hope for major ,major surgery . It may be that even Lambert is shocked at how bad we are but his signings like Watt, Bennett etc are not apparently any better than what we have. We now have only our right back who you would bet on to get you 5 or more goals a season, possibly Graham. That alone tells you where you are going to be in the league table.

However, the run of results and probably more so the style of play is a real cause for concern amongst fans and the tactical nous of the 3 of them doesn't look overly impressive so far.

So far from knee jerk, I think most are willing him to get it right and are still with him for now.But, he has it all to prove and most certainly the early goodwill towards him has subsided considerably . Dare is say, we are heading towards yet another ''big summer''??

This is now about scrambling enough points together , however we do it, before the end of the season and then the acid test of this bloke will begin.

Do I think we will go down? No, not for a minute but it is a question we didn't think would resurface after the Bristol City win and Lambert and crew have had enough time to make a mark since then and have hardly done so.

It is a concern for everybody , K-Hod.

I'd say I am concerned, but then you never know what those goons in India will do next, so that's where most of my concern would lie. I'd also say that because we have a lot out of contract in the summer which I suspect won't be renewed, your big summer comments are spot on. I'm pretty much hoping for the same things as you. I just get fed up reading this board at times. One extreme or the other, it's the BRFCC way.

Plenty of managers have a promotion on their CV that none of us would want at this point. Neil Warnock, Billy Davies, Ian Holloway, Phil Brown, Owen Coyle. Saying Lambert got promoted means nothing at this stage because it's a totally different situation at a different club with a different squad.

Lambert himself said in a recent interview that he stumbled upon the system that got Norwich promoted. I'd say at this stage we have as much chance of getting promoted under him as QPR have with JFH as their manager, despite the latter being inexperienced at this level. PL has a lot of work to do if he is to convince the majority of fans...and just to clarify I was actually really pleased with his appointment when he joined, so I'm not being a negatron for the sake of it.

He needs a proper transfer window, i.e. The summer because the jan window is a bit of a farce. Also a full pre season with a squad he assembles will put us all in a better position to judge the guy.

So you championed Gary Bowyer's signings now you are seemingly dismissing them and actively seeking to bring in a shed load more players.

What's your agenda ?

Agenda? Are you taking the p1ss or something with such a stupid and pathetic comment like that!!!

I want the best for my football club and getting behind the players all the time and not moaning or groaning.

Bowyer's signings this season were mid table to lower mid table signings BUT NOT the sort who can get you promote from this league. Lambert has come to Rovers to get us promote. That is his remit.

All you EVER do is moan and complain about everything to do with Rovers whether it's about players, manager or other things. You NEVER have one good thing to say about Rovers EVER!!!

Lambert himself said in a recent interview that he stumbled upon the system that got Norwich promoted. I'd say at this stage we have as much chance of getting promoted under him as QPR have with JFH as their manager, despite the latter being inexperienced at this level. PL has a lot of work to do if he is to convince the majority of fans...and just to clarify I was actually really pleased with his appointment when he joined, so I'm not being a negatron for the sake of it.

He needs a proper transfer window, i.e. The summer because the jan window is a bit of a farce. Also a full pre season with a squad he assembles will put us all in a better position to judge the guy.

I agree he does need the summer window and a full pre season to get the players up to his fitness standards and change new formations out.

On JFH, I think he got a similar type of job to do. Like getting rid of the players he doesn't want and bring in his players. Similar to Lambert here.

Said it weeks ago, an Appleton clone.

One win in eleven games! Any other manager elsewhere would have got the bullet with that record.

Said it weeks ago but this guy is a chump, i still don't get the clamor about him.

OK who do you think it should have been then? Presumably someone else with a track record of promotion or sensational/unrealistic candidates?

Don't think he will get the bullet yet and nor should he anytime soon. Venkys are possibly more wary with FUP when it comes to sack compo these days..

I'd say I am concerned, but then you never know what those goons in India will do next, so that's where most of my concern would lie. I'd also say that because we have a lot out of contract in the summer which I suspect won't be renewed, your big summer comments are spot on. I'm pretty much hoping for the same things as you. I just get fed up reading this board at times. One extreme or the other, it's the BRFCC way.

That's the bigger problem pal! They will have watched in horror today in India. What possible motive is there for this lot to carry on funding this?? Every significant thing they do ends up being a step down when its intended to be a step up. Its horrendous and they are past the point of ever getting this right now. But if they stop the funding... OMG!!

Said it weeks ago, an Appleton clone.

One win in eleven games! Any other manager elsewhere would have got the bullet with that record.

Said it weeks ago but this guy is a chump, i still don't get the clamor about him.

Who do you replace him with next? Louis van gaal?

All to prove Mr Lambert,plenty of PR,all to easy to criticise previous failings.

Proof of the pudding is results,today was a chance to establish a point, and failed miserably.Why be so concerned about relegation.

Yet to be convinced,Gomez and Graham positive however the rest of his signings have added nothing.

No pace ,no guile,and a standing ovation for a League 2 non scoring centre forward. How far have we fallen.

Here are Lambert's official comments: http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/blackburn-rovers-west-ham-united-paul-lambert-2966129.aspx

No apology, not admittance of grave errors, or any errors at all, for him a 5-1 hammering does not count as capitulation, and he blames everything on the red card.

Basically a tosser with no ideas who will be all to happy to be collecting his paycheck at the expense of the clueless club.

Van Gaal and Moyes as joint managers I'm an equally big fan of both!

Yeah we could do that. The'd be here like a shot.

Here are Lambert's official comments: http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/blackburn-rovers-west-ham-united-paul-lambert-2966129.aspx

No apology, not admittance of grave errors, or any errors at all, for him a 5-1 hammering does not count as capitulation, and he blames everything on the red card.

Basically a tosser with no ideas who will be all to happy to be collecting his paycheck at the expense of the clueless club.

Who would you prefer ?

Who do you replace him with next? Louis van gaal?

With the person who we should have approached initially. Nigel Pearson. With a second choice of Gus Poyet.

I did previously have down Tony Mowbray but he's flying with Coventry at the minute so it's unlikely, same with Rowett.

Keep seeing posts saying give him time or another window, the guy is a dud.

He's had months here to implement a style or some substance, he's brought complete dross in where we have spent two years paying off people and cutting them loose now he's lumbering us with the likes of Ward (2.5 Years), Jackson (6 months).

You have to earn a war chest (Budget) and he's hardly got the best out of the team so far has he? Why would you trust him with what little money we have.

FUP/FFP - Rules change this summer, not that sacking staff contributes to this as i believe they are exempt from FFP rules.

Quite simple if we are to continue with PL then he needs to be publicly set some targets and Myers needs to start applying some pressure to him, PL has got it all to comfy right now.

• Moderation Lead

After only 3 months I'm happy giving him more time, something only the wrong managers have been given in recent years here. Applying pressure to him already, and him being too comfy? Good grief.

I don't think I'd be happy with him any managers being publicly set targets. That's between him and his bosses.

With the person who we should have approached initially. Nigel Pearson. With a second choice of Gus Poyet.

I did previously have down Tony Mowbray but he's flying with Coventry at the minute so it's unlikely, same with Rowett.

Keep seeing posts saying give him time or another window, the guy is a dud.

He's had months here to implement a style or some substance, he's brought complete dross in where we have spent two years paying off people and cutting them loose now he's lumbering us with the likes of Ward (2.5 Years), Jackson (6 months).

You have to earn a war chest (Budget) and he's hardly got the best out of the team so far has he? Why would you trust him with what little money we have.

FUP/FFP - Rules change this summer, not that sacking staff contributes to this as i believe they are exempt from FFP rules.

Quite simple if we are to continue with PL then he needs to be publicly set some targets and Myers needs to start applying some pressure to him, PL has got it all to comfy right now.

Wasnt Pearson not interest in Rovers?

Poyet is managing AEK Athens right now

Archived