BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Backroom

He's talked a good game since day one. Time for him to get some results as he's made, frankly, quite an appalling start.

Bowyer had 3 wins out of 16. Lambert has 3 out of 13, now, I think? Excuses can be made but I have to admit I expected better than this.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowyer had 3 wins out of 16. Lambert has 3 out of 13, now, I think? Excuses can be made but I have to admit I expected better than this.

Indeed - he got 3 wins out of his first 4 games but hasn't won since. As you say, I know he inherited a heck of a lot of dross from GB but results have been worse than we all imagined they would be.

Indeed - he got 3 wins out of his first 4 games but hasn't won since. As you say, I know he inherited a heck of a lot of dross from GB but results have been worse than we all imagined they would be.

Club must allow PL to re build. One transfer window isn't enough to judge him.

Lambert's comments were spot on.

Players need to up their game and start playing their best

We need to give Lambert a full season in charge before we can judge him.

Not if he relegates us. Why does Lambert gets so much slack when the likes of Appleton and Bowyer didn't ?

• Moderation Lead

He's not getting any slack from a lot of people, certainly not from you Jim. In any case, he got is very wrong today, second half we were awful and shot ourselves in the foot, then the heads went.

We've a long way to go to get this right, let's not pretend he inherited a bed of roses that needed tweaking, he didnt, we were gash and we still are. Getting on the manager's back already doesn't help anyone.

Not if he relegates us. Why does Lambert gets so much slack when the likes of Appleton and Bowyer didn't ?

It's because he has a decent track record apart from Villa whereas the others had none to give any confidence they could turn things round.

.Largely irrelevant imo. Some managers work at some places and not at others and you're really only as good as your most recent results. For whatever reason the players do not appear to be responding to Lambert and results are as bad as under Bowyer and performances worse.

Wigan brought in an experienced man in Mackay last season and look what happened to them. He needs results and fast - this is Venkys we're talking about.

Yeah but being outed as a racist might have had an impact on his players. Hard to respect that kind of thing though always knew Dave Whelan was a xenophobic old coot. Remember when Tan was being criticised for firing him there was always something about Mackay that bothered me then. He just seemed arrogant and I'm a good judge of character lol.

I posted ages ago that I wouldn't be surprised to see Irvine in charge before the end of the season and I still wouldn't. I certainly don't want Lambert potting but it did strike me as odd that Irvine came in to work as PL's no 2. Just some suspicions that I have.

Because he is proven experience manager and he will get things right as Rovers manager. give the guy some time and backing

I posted ages ago that I wouldn't be surprised to see Irvine in charge before the end of the season and I still wouldn't. I certainly don't want Lambert potting but it did strike me as odd that Irvine came in to work as PL's no 2. Just some suspicions that I have.

Lambert wanted Irvine as his Villa number 2 after he was sacked as WBA head coach

I think it's a case of hanging on until the summer and getting a new squad. Sackng Lambert would be idiotic and short sighted. Who'd be next Dunn? Di Canio? Shaw?

Lambert has made his own bed to a large extent and now he has to lie in it. It would be pretty pointless and unfair to bring anyone else in now, a lot of managers might have looked at our squad and thought Rhodes was one of the only ones worth keeping and what we needed to do was bring in a couple of quality midfielders to build round him and might not fancy many or any of the signings Lambert has brought in on loan.

Need to reassess in summer. Whatever Division that may be.

Well it's obvious you're not keen on Lambert, and would've kept Rhodes. Assuming you didn't want Bowyer to stay, who would you have liked to come in, and how would they get Rhodes to stay? He had a bad season goal wise.

Only by his own high standards. And he still got 11 league goals in that bad (half) season.

Rovers fans have been spoiled. Well we're about to be very much unspoiled.

Come on fellas, no matter how much you rate him Rhodes would've made zero difference in today's game.

The bigger worry is that the reason for the sale was to change the way we play yet I saw none of that today. Let's hope Tuesday is when we see what has been promised by the manager.

Well it's obvious you're not keen on Lambert, and would've kept Rhodes. Assuming you didn't want Bowyer to stay, who would you have liked to come in, and how would they get Rhodes to stay? He had a bad season goal wise.

On the contrary, I was absolutely over the moon when Lambert was appointed. I just can't believe how quickly things appear to have gone even further tits up. I thought PL would be a huge improvement on GB.

The reason I'm not prepared to give him any leeway now though is when you're facing a relegation scrap you don't sell the only player a t the Club capable of putting the ball in the net. It's a mistake so basic nor even a relative inexperienced manager like GB would take the gamble.

• Backroom

I'm judging Lambert in the exact same way I judged Bowyer. I know the general opinion is that this is too harsh because Lambert inherited GB's squad - but as a supposed upgrade shouldn't he still be able to improve that squad a little through coaching and tactics? I certainly didn't expect us to be in essentially the same position as we were in under GB, if there was no expectation of improvement we may as well have stuck with Bowyer until the summer.

For what it's worth I do think it was the right move to replace GB with Lambert, but I also don't see anything wrong with identifying these first few months as a big disappointment. We saw with the likes of Allardyce that instant improvement can happen even when the squad isn't great. We also saw with Souness and Hughes that these things can take time and then turn around once the new man has had a summer to address things properly. Hopefully we will survive this season and Lambert will have the opportunity to put things right next season. It doesn't look like we have much to look forward to for the remainder of this campaign, anyway.

Archived