BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

People have mention that Rhodes doesn't suit the PL style of play... Exactly what is his style of play?? I mean PL style of play?

Personally think allowing Rhodes to go is the right thing to do; as I mentioned in the other thread too much of a restrictive player for us...

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Kean gave a brilliant interview - I'd rather have a manager who didn't speak so well but delivered on the pitch.

On the evidence so far, Lambert is all talk and no trousers. His CV means nothing and he's got it all to prove in my view.

Brilliant interview? Think you meant cringe-worthy? Booze fed fairy tales.

People have mention that Rhodes doesn't suit the PL style of play... Exactly what is his style of play?? I mean PL style of play?

Personally think allowing Rhodes to go is the right thing to do; as I mentioned in the other thread too much of a restrictive player for us...

Can't wait for the next restrictive goal machine

• Backroom

This is the making or breaking of him.

Either we flounder without Rhodes or Lambert used the money to build a team like he did at Norwich.

The latter is a lot harder though!

Still fuming about the Rhodes sale this morning, why sell your star player for a knockdown price on the eve of an important game right at the end of the transfer window the one before the Premiership Club's TV money goes through the roof? Bonkers doesn't even begin to describe it imo.

As for Lambert a massive decision which will make or break his time here. I think it's the wrong one, and that's an understatement but we have to hope that Lambert can somehow do a "Gordon Lee" and mould a bunch of journeymen into a winning team.

Has never happened in recent times though, selling a star player and attempting to replace them with one or more cheaper inferior players has never worked out for us, nor does it ever work in general imo as evidenced by Spurs post Bale and Liverpool post Suarez.

I think we were floundering with Rhodes. We have to re structure the team.It all depends on how we use the money

Rhodes' record is a goal a game for his last two games. ^_^

What if it was just about to click and Rhodes has been sold over Lambert's head?

Sorry but it's wrong to say we were floundering with Rhodes. We were floundering due to lack of service and we looked to be addressing that.

We've just refurbished our restaurant and lost our Michelin rated chef. Never mind, there's a lad who once scored against Barcelona. Wonder if that will become 'that tackle'?

Still fuming about the Rhodes sale this morning, why sell your star player for a knockdown price on the eve of an important game right at the end of the transfer window the one before the Premiership Club's TV money goes through the roof? Bonkers doesn't even begin to describe it imo.

As for Lambert a massive decision which will make or break his time here. I think it's the wrong one, and that's an understatement but we have to hope that Lambert can somehow do a "Gordon Lee" and mould a bunch of journeymen into a winning team.

Has never happened in recent times though, selling a star player and attempting to replace them with one or more cheaper inferior players has never worked out for us, nor does it ever work in general imo as evidenced by Spurs post Bale and Liverpool post Suarez.

I don't think Spurs fans are complaining, to be honest!

What if it was just about to click and Rhodes has been sold over Lambert's head?

Sorry but it's wrong to say we were floundering with Rhodes. We were floundering due to lack of service and we looked to be addressing that.

We've just refurbished our restaurant and lost our Michelin rated chef. Never mind, there's a lad who once scored against Barcelona. Wonder if that will become 'that tackle'?

Let's face it. The team has been absolute garbage for most of the season...that's my definition of floundering.The fact that we were floundering with such a wonderful goalscorer only shows how bad the problem/dysfuctionality has been.

Doesn't matter who the chef is, if there are rats in the kitchen

Lambert has seen enough IMO. We wanted and needed a clearout and we're getting one.

Pity Williamson, Brown, Spurr haven't been shown the door.

Our team has been looking worse each time I've seen them, I can barely remember the last decent performance.

Many have commented players are sulking and not playing for the manager.

If you believe that Lambert and his team are right for the club then we have to support him.

He needs serious money to change the team as I believe at least 6 players are needed with at least the same number leaving.

We all said he needed a few transfer windows, this is the first and we have moaning......unbelievable.

LV good point.

It is all down to the wise use of limited resources now.

Can any of the promising youngsters come through.............surely worth a chance trying them now.

Does PL's scouting network in Europe work?

All these things we are about to find out?

Smith, Lee, Furphy, Kendall, even to a lesser extent Mackay and Saxton all worked miracles

We need that now.

So... wouldn't you get rid of the rats rather than make them a feature? :wacko:

Yup, it's certainly a novel way to go about the rebuilding.

I would have kept the family silver and attempted to shift out the deadwood. Instead he's gone with, sell the family silver, keep the deadwood and pile a lot more of what looks suspiciously like yet more deadwood on top of it.

Yup, it's certainly a novel way to go about the rebuilding.

I would have kept the family silver and attempted to shift out the deadwood. Instead he's gone with, sell the family silver, keep the deadwood and pile a lot more of what looks suspiciously like yet more deadwood on top of it.

It's all very well saying "shift out the deadwood", but who wants them? We were lucky to get rid of Koita in exchange for anything more than a kitkat. Our entire team seems to be made up of rejects from other teams - you get the odd gems like Conway and Marshall (despite being out of form, we know them to be good players). However, you get a lot more like Williamson and Brown. Who would want them? Could you see any Championship teams taking them, even on a free?

Akpan could be useful with a creative midfielder alongside him, though I'm not convinced. At least some of the rejects Lambert has signed have previously done well at this level, so there is some vague hope that they might regain their form.

Nobody knows why Lambert sold Rhodes. Was it Venky's insisting we got money? Was it Lambert trying to raise money to reinvest in the squad? Did Rhodes force his exit? Probably all three. The real concern is whether the money can be used to rebuild a team of League 1 quality players, either now or in the summer if we are still in the Championship - and none of us know the answer to that yet.

It's all very well saying "shift out the deadwood", but who wants them? We were lucky to get rid of Koita in exchange for anything more than a kitkat. Our entire team seems to be made up of rejects from other teams - you get the odd gems like Conway and Marshall (despite being out of form, we know them to be good players). However, you get a lot more like Williamson and Brown. Who would want them? Could you see any Championship teams taking them, even on a free?

Akpan could be useful with a creative midfielder alongside him, though I'm not convinced. At least some of the rejects Lambert has signed have previously done well at this level, so there is some vague hope that they might regain their form.

Nobody knows why Lambert sold Rhodes. Was it Venky's insisting we got money? Was it Lambert trying to raise money to reinvest in the squad? Did Rhodes force his exit? Probably all three. The real concern is whether the money can be used to rebuild a team of League 1 quality players, either now or in the summer if we are still in the Championship - and none of us know the answer to that yet.

I know its not easy to offload crap, that's why I said "attempt".

Reducing it to stark terms though Rhodes and Koita (ok I know but still arguably our 2nd best striker) have been sold and replaced by an over the hill dolloper on loan and a young player with little more than potential. Are you happy with that? I'd describe it as a reckless gamble at best, suicidal at worst.

I know its not easy to offload crap, that's why I said "attempt".

Reducing it to stark terms though Rhodes and Koita (ok I know but still arguably our 2nd best striker) have been sold and replaced by an over the hill dolloper on loan and a young player with little more than potential. Are you happy with that? I'd describe it as a reckless gamble at best, suicidal at worst.

Not happy with it, but I have no idea what went on behind the scenes to arrive at selling Rhodes.

I thought Graham looked decent at Charlton. For sure, it's only one match but it is far too soon to write him off. Watts could be good, and Jackson looked like a promising impact sub. I'll reserve judgement until they've had a chance to prove themselves.

I'm not worried about losing Koita at all, I thought he was one of the worst strikers I've seen in blue and white in a long time. His sole ability was to get his head on a ball and hope it landed at one of our players' feet - it wasn't so much a case of winning and directing a header, but rather a case of the ball bouncing off him.

If we can replace Rhodes with a decent central midfielder, I'll be a lot less worried. Otherwise, it's going to be a really tough run in.

Dont worry if he plays Graham and Brown up front we`re bound to go on a roll.

PS I`ll get mi coat (trying to remain positive!)

You weren't the first and won't be the last. That joke has now been cracked more than Ricky Hatton.

Archived