BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

You said Evans and whoever it was?

Thats your opinion Jal on Duffy. Lambert has said he has been impressed with Duffy and Hanley since joining Rovers as manager

At least I'm not on my own in criticising Duffy. I'll give Shane praise once hes earned it. so far he hasn't, he's struggled and just doesn't look capable of playing at the highest level.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's easy to overlook the importance of Duffy's dominance in aerial challenges. He nips danger in the bud - he has won more high balls than anyone else in the division. This was highlighted on Saturday with the goal. First Lenihan then Kilgallon fluffed their headers and ..........we were 0-1 down!

And, yes, I know he hasn't been at his best in the last 2 matches and his attacking headers have been crap but I think we are lucky to have him.

• Moderation Lead

At least I'm not on my own in criticising Duffy. I'll give Shane praise once hes earned it. so far he hasn't, he's struggled and just doesn't look capable of playing at the highest level.

You won't though will you JAL? I don't think I've ever seen you give anyone or anything praise on here, that's why Chaddy is losing his mind with you.

Players will make mistakes, it's inevitable. Duffy has prevented a lot more goals than he has been at fault for, I find it a little strange he hasn't yet earnt your praise.

I'm not he only one on here who thinks you are constantly invoking the memory of Bowyer, whether you mention him by name or not.

And I think its you who's trying to do the point-scoring.

You'd be wrong 47er twice. Every single time I've posted recently or spoken any opinion -it's just been met by posters referring back to a different era. That's got nothing to do with me "invoking the memory of GB" that's posters like yourself who can't read a post and reply but instead simply see a name and reply. I've not once mentioned changing manager yet you go on as if I have.

I've come to the conclusion that when PL said he would be bringing exciting attacking football etc to the club that it was his long term plan and not with the players he inherited. In my opinion it seems to me that he has been trying different things while assessing the players and he's more than disappointed at what he has seen. His own comments indicate this and it's possible that some players are sulking and not putting in a shift as many suggest and if that's correct they should be offloaded smartly. All this talk of him being unable to get the best out of them does'nt make sense/ There's two old sayings that come to mind " you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" and "you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear". They both apply here because imo most in this squad of players don't have the ability, skills or attitude to carry out the job in hand, plus as previously stated and suspected some are not even interested in trying. I believe next year will be the time to judge PL as by then he should have more or less his own squad.

You won't though will you JAL? I don't think I've ever seen you give anyone or anything praise on here, that's why Chaddy is losing his mind with you.

Players will make mistakes, it's inevitable. Duffy has prevented a lot more goals than he has been at fault for, I find it a little strange he hasn't yet earnt your praise.

Totally disagree and as for praising players are you two for real .....have you not seen the performances and the results this season!

Waiting for the upswing but it's been over five years now how long before we begin to see it ?

You'd be wrong 47er twice. Every single time I've posted recently or spoken any opinion -it's just been met by posters referring back to a different era. That's got nothing to do with me "invoking the memory of GB" that's posters like yourself who can't read a post and reply but instead simply see a name and reply. I've not once mentioned changing manager yet you go on as if I have.

I have never suggested you wanted Pl replaced! Even you are not that dumb.You are making this up!

And you say I can't read a post!

Insulting and disingenuous at the same time. You didn't want Bowyer replacing and there are loads of posts to that effect so stop pretending.

That's it on this from me, cannot be bothered.

Thats true of just about the entire team so why obsess about just one of them? Surely he has time to learn?

• Moderation Lead

Totally disagree and as for praising players are you two for real .....have you not seen the performances and the results this season!

Waiting for the upswing but it's been over five years now how long before we begin to see it ?

What do you disagree with JAL? We'd have conceded far more goals if it hadn't been for Duffy this season, people make mistakes, even the top defenders in the world do! Do you think Real Madrid fans obsess over Sergio Ramos? PSG fans over Thiago Silva? Barcelona fans with Pique? Bayern fans with Boateng?

I've been to every home game and a few away, Duffy isn't to blame for everything FGS! You can't even be bothered to go to games when you live within walking distance of Ewood and you also wrote Phil Jones off as 'useless' when he was coming through so I don't know why I'm wasting my energy.

I have never suggested you wanted Pl replaced! Even you are not that dumb.You are making this up!

And you say I can't read a post!

Insulting and disingenuous at the same time. You didn't want Bowyer replacing and there are loads of posts to that effect so stop pretending.

That's it on this from me, cannot be bothered.

Thats true of just about the entire team so why obsess about just one of them? Surely he has time to learn?

If you leave 47er they've won!

A couple on here seem to be mischief makers ready and primed to quell any negative comments against the players and club.

What do you disagree with JAL? We'd have conceded far more goals if it hadn't been for Duffy this season, people make mistakes, even the top defenders in the world do!

I've been to every home game and a few away, Duffy isn't to blame for everything FGS! You can't even be bothered to go to games when you live within walking distance of Ewood and you also wrote

Phil Jones off as 'useless' so I don't know why I'm wasting my breath.

He's great at heading the ball a strength of his after that I'm really struggling to see anything in the big lad and that goes for a lot of other people in Blackburn.

He has to improve on his controllong of the ball, his distribution, and if, he can head the ball into the net with frequency then he'll be doing what the supporters are expecting of him. So far he's failing on all these points - do you want to argue that ?

• Moderation Lead

He's a defender, he defends well. His attacking heading is poor and needs to be worked on. He's a championship defender and as such, it's unreasonable to expect him to be proficient in all those areas. You won't find many defenders that do all those things you listed, unless you turn up at Franz Beckenbauer's house and ask him if he fancies a kickabout.

What I don't agree with, is your constant focussing of everything negative he does, completely ignoring all the defensive headers he wins, and goals he's prevented (think Bolton at home when he stopped Heskey's shot as a prime example).

He's a defender, he defends well. His attacking heading is poor and needs to be worked on. He's a championship defender and as such, it's unreasonable to expect him to be proficient in all those areas. You won't find many defenders that do all those things you listed, unless you turn up at Franz Beckenbauer's house and ask him if he fancies a kickabout.

What I don't agree with, is your constant focussing of everything negative he does, completely ignoring all the defensive headers he wins.

You're wasting your time K-Hod. The fella doesn't even go to games yet picks holes in Duffy constantly. I'm surprised he didn't blame him for the goal on Saturday.

You're wasting your time K-Hod. The fella doesn't even go to games yet picks holes in Duffy constantly. I'm surprised he didn't blame him for the goal on Saturday.

He blamed Evans or who ever it was for it. Evans wasnt even playing and he clearly didnt know who was playing.

I attended every home games and some away games. Do you?

You cant be bothered to even home games considering you live close to Ewood Park.

You are obsess by Duffy and agents.

I dont know what jals reasons are but i live minutes away from ewood and have only been to a few games myslf in the past 12 months, i dont have much money and the little i do have ive being choosing to spend on more rewarding things, just because a person goes to every game doesnt make, them an expert, they could still be thick no nowt numpties and im old enough and have seen more than enough football in my life to be able to make a judgement about a game just by going of a highlights and the general opinion of others i trust away from here.

It's easy to overlook the importance of Duffy's dominance in aerial challenges. He nips danger in the bud - he has won more high balls than anyone else in the division. This was highlighted on Saturday with the goal. First Lenihan then Kilgallon fluffed their headers and ..........we were 0-1 down!

And, yes, I know he hasn't been at his best in the last 2 matches and his attacking headers have been crap but I think we are lucky to have him.

Agree with this, defensively Duffy is very good in the air and it shouldn't be over looked because he misses at the other end.

Can't agree with the lucky to have him line though, these days every single one of those guys in blue and white should think themselves lucky to play for and be paid by a club like Blackburn Rovers. I don't see bids being turned down left right and centre to buy them :rover:

He blamed Evans or who ever it was for it. Evans wasnt even playing and he clearly didnt know who was playing.

I attended every home games and some away games. Do you?

You cant be bothered to even home games considering you live close to Ewood Park.

You are obsess by Duffy and agents.

I dont know what jals reasons are but i live minutes away from ewood and have only been to a few games myslf in the past 12 months, i dont have much money and the little i do have ive being choosing to spend on more rewarding things, just because a person goes to every game doesnt make, them an expert, they could still be thick no nowt numpties and im old enough and have seen more than enough football in my life to be able to make a judgement about a game just by going of a highlights and the general opinion of others i trust away from here.

Maybe you two could ask JAL what he does on a Saturday, the answer might give you some insight

Archived