BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Words spot on. Let's hope the little darlings take note and grow some collective balls.

Agreed. But also hope we play with a tactic that isn't JUST to hit and hope.

After his early rhetoric I'm wary of paying too much attention to what Lambert says, I hope that the attacking football promised eventually comes to fruition as we aren't set up that way currently.

Huge game next week at The Valley.

I think Lambert has to get in right.

If he doesn't, I honestly think it's the end of the line for Rovers.

Sacking Bowyer and co and replacing with Lambert and co has cost a good few quid and I think our owners are 'drinking in the last chance saloon'.

There has to be a 'tipping point' where the V's say enough is enough. I think we quickly need to see an up turn in Rovers' fortunes to give our owners some hope and faith to hang on to.

Desperate and worrying times.

Time to go?? Some on here were happy to give bowyer season after season!! Get a grip ffs!

Still can't believe how long Bowyer got...madness. Then again the very real threat of relegation is likely to make people twitchy. Before we were mid table, when we really should have been top 6 - however the expectations had been sufficiently dumbed down by Bowyer and Co.

What did PL learn in Germany?

I thought the bundesliga was full of brilliant midfielders? The way we play does not necessitate anything other than a guy to lump it, and a guy to try and get on the end of it!

Ignoring our current plight and assuming he gets time, he could do worse than to give Klopp a tap and ask about taking a couple of their promising youngsters or fringe players. If Lambert is adopting similar tactics - e.g. Geggenpressing or whatever it's called then it might be mutually beneficial.

As I said, these players are being paid to do a job. They are failing miserably at it, so they should be ashamed of themselves.

If I was Lambert, any new players he brings in, should go straight into the starting 11. If he signs 4 or 5 New players, let them play. Those already here should feel his anger, and be made fully aware that mediocrity will not be tolerated

I think Lambert has to get in right.

If he doesn't, I honestly think it's the end of the line for Rovers.

Sacking Bowyer and co and replacing with Lambert and co has cost a good few quid and I think our owners are 'drinking in the last chance saloon'.

There has to be a 'tipping point' where the V's say enough is enough. I think we quickly need to see an up turn in Rovers' fortunes to give our owners some hope and faith to hang on to.

Desperate and worrying times.

Thanks MM. Just the fillip that was needed. A kiss of death from you is like a shot in the arm. :P

That's the kind of thing I was expecting- his contacts to bring improvements not more squad fillers.

I'm not judging anyone on one or two showings, but Bennett and Jackson are like the bargain basement signings we've grown accustomed to. If Marcus is off, that's more problematic areas of the pitch to fix.

What's wrong with Evans also? Lenihan was fairly green today and it would surely help to have someone who's not been too bad this season in the middle. We never looked like creating anything from the centre!

As for a Rhodes - when he's scoring, that 45k a week or whatever seems like money well spent, unfortunately at the minute he's way below par. It's hard to suggest that this is anything other than poor form or utilisation because JRs always come across as professional ie not likely to spit out the dummy.

He just does not look like scoring.

Squad needs someone with a bit of class (like Berkovic), someone with a bit of grit who will get the others going (like Savage) and someone who can score goals and hold the ball up (like Newell).

Where we will get those three players from I haven't got a bleeding clue. Right now if we signed Berkovic, Savage and Newell themselves we'd do a lot better.

I wouldn't pull the trigger yet, but if this continues for another month or so, Venky's will have a big decision to make. If we continue to play how we are, relegation will become more and more possible, and that is inconceivable. I think Lambert needs a summer, but we simply cannot go down.

We have an awful, cowardly bunch of no - mark players. Facts are though, Lambert needs to get a few wins out of them or bring many more of his own players in sharpish.

It's hard to cheer for that bunch, maximum effort hasn't been part of the team's make up for over half a decade now.

Could you summarise?

Here you go:

https://audioboom.com/boos/4070027-i-wouldn-t-put-up-with-that-either-onerovers-manager-paul-lambert-shares-fans-frustration?utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Basically ends up saying the majority of the players aren't mentally strong enough to play up to his required standards.

LAMBERT-"They need a bit of help and this football club's a big football club. I don't think anybody should think its just a small club that you're playing with. You have got to handle it here to play and we have got lads who I think at the minute are probably carrying a few of us. We have got to be better as a group and better as a team but as I said before you're going to get ups and downs until you turn this around."

"Sometimes you put a demand on people to be successful, some people can't handle it, and wilt under it, or take it on board and think they can do it. There's a demand on the players. I've said I don't want to come here and sit in The Championship for three or four years. You want to get out of the league, and sometimes you have to get the type of players with the character to handle working under you and be mentally strong."

They aren't mentally strong enough to play up to my standards/expectations. They are cowards. They let us down, they let Lambert down and although he seemed more prepared to put up with it, they let Bowyer down. They are creaming a living and won't step up to the fight.

The people dogging Brown need a reality check, that lad for all of his lack of end product WILL always put a shift in and come off the pitch with bruises. Lenihan was similar too, poor game but lots of effort. Rhodes finally moved today and put a shift in - generally though, they are a weak set of uninventive, sideways passing wasters.

One thing I like about Lambert is his honesty in interviews. It's not a naive honestly like Kidd, he is very assured and certain but he will call it as he sees it, even if it means upsetting folk. Whilst Bowyer was dignified he often infuriated with his comments and didn't seem to be straight about what we'd seen, instead being defensive. Perhaps our players are used to being blameless and not having to take responsibility. Lambert's comments are very much about players needing to take responsibility and accept the pressure that comes with playing for a club with PL standard facilities and expectations.

He's going to have to pull a couple of rabbits out of hats but more than just bringing in players he needs to clear out some of the current squad who don't have the right mindset. If rumours about Olsson are correct then he needs to be one of the first.

• Backroom

"Sometimes you put a demand on people to be successful, some people can't handle it, and wilt under it, or take it on board and think they can do it. There's a demand on the players. I've said I don't want to come here and sit in The Championship for three or four years. You want to get out of the league, and sometimes you have to get the type of players with the character to handle working under you and be mentally strong."

That says it all really. Confirming what we all know, that the majority of these players are cowards and shirkers who aren't fit to wear our shirt. The sooner these wage thieves are off our books the better.

Cracking interview by Lambert. Got to stay up and give him a full season.

After reading those transcripts I'm even more convinced than ever that we need to give this management team time. Lambert is only stating what most of us already knew/ suspected. Obviously he knows the score with the players and he knows what's required. The squad is overloaded with wasters, cowards, time servers, small time Charlie's that think they.'re better than they really are. One or two have bought into the new regime but the majority haven't. It looks like they're trying to do a " Chelsea " on him? They need to be weeded out before things get really serious.

Archived