BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

Must say I loved the PL interview, though it really makes me worried about the type of characters we have in the dressing room.

Kidd's rubber dinghy speech would have been too kind on some of these lot.

I have my criticisms about the tactics but I can't get that niggly feeling some of this squad are lazy, disinterested and do the bare minimum.

'Not fit to wear the shirt' comes to mind for far too many. More object performances and I hope they bloody well get told that we won't accept such lacking displays.

Most managers will face such issues when they go into new jobs. It's a situation which will test Lambert's metal as a football Manager. If he pulls the players around then he'll be seen as a quality manager, if he doesn't then he isn't and it'll probably be the end of his career in the top two divisions.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most managers will face such issues when they go into new jobs. It's a situation which will test Lambert's metal as a football Manager. If he pulls the players around then he'll be seen as a quality manager, if he doesn't then he isn't and it'll probably be the end of his career in the top two divisions.

True. It's a real test of his managerial credentials and let's hope he passes with flying colours

Evans didnt ever play in the game!!!

Try to read the team news before you start blaming players.

Duffy and Hanley partnership has been IMO our biggest strength by far

I said whoever it was ? read the post and try reading the game?

All Duffy can do is head the ball we need more than that ffs.

I said whoever it was ? read the post and try reading the game?

All Duffy can do is head the ball we need more than that ffs.

You said Evans and whoever it was?

If you attend the game you would have know who it was!

I know alot about football and watch alot of it week in week out.

Thats your opinion Jal on Duffy. Lambert has said he has been impressed with Duffy and Hanley since joining Rovers as manager

You said Evans and whoever it was?

If you attend the game you would have know who it was!

I know alot about football and watch alot of it week in week out.

Thats your opinion Jal on Duffy. Lambert has said he has been impressed with Duffy and Hanley since joining Rovers as manager

Why do you have to attend to know ?

Some people who attend miss halve off the events anyway.

I never expected it overnight, but I never expected us to get worse over night either.

This is my complaint. Bowyer's time was up and he had to be sacked but Lambert, after his ridiculous promise of "attacking football" and have fans "on the edge of their seats", has succeeded only in making Rovers a worse side than under the predecessor. Lambert has managed to make Rovers look totally impotent in attack which Bowyer, for all his faults, never did. And I wouldn't mind sterile football if it served up good results - except that we are now heading towards the relegation zone at a faster rate than under Bowyer, and with no sign of relief in sight. I also don't believe the notion that these are Bowyer's players and they are not buying into Lambert's ethos - a good manager (which he is apparently) would get more out of any team, however poor the players. At the end of the day manager are responsible for results and if Lambert takes us down he'll deserve the sack like any other manager. .

This is my complaint. Bowyer's time was up and he had to be sacked but Lambert, after his ridiculous promise of "attacking football" and have fans "on the edge of their seats", has succeeded only in making Rovers a worse side than under the predecessor. Lambert has managed to make Rovers look totally impotent in attack which Bowyer, for all his faults, never did. And I wouldn't mind sterile football if it served up good results - except that we are now heading towards the relegation zone at a faster rate than under Bowyer, and with no sign of relief in sight. I also don't believe the notion that these are Bowyer's players and they are not buying into Lambert's ethos - a good manager (which he is apparently) would get more out of any team, however poor the players. At the end of the day manager are responsible for results and if Lambert takes us down he'll deserve the sack like any other manager. .

I think there may be something to that though if the story about a player locking himself in the toilet instead of playing is correct

I agree with PL'S comments and basically blame the players BUT by the same token it is a bit of a balancing act and PL has to get a good enough tune out of this rabble until he can rebuild properly.

Someone I know who has contacts down at Ewood reckoned one of GB'S major problems was that he was just trying to keep everyone happy all the time. PL may not have the same mindset (hopefully) but man management is a huge part of the job these days and he has to find the right balance between them fearing or respecting him and being willing to run through a brick wall for him without them downing tools completely.

PL and division one or the players? That's a tough one which hopefully we won't have to choose between as the season draws towards a close. You'd pick PL based on his overall record but we need to be seeing a little more on the pitch by way of encouragement. On the other hand will this lot do anything other than the bare minimum for anyone? I doubt it.

I think there may be something to that though if the story about a player locking himself in the toilet instead of playing is correct

Olsson actually played in the Cardiff game so I'm not sure how much credence that story has. I really don't think any manager would start a player who had allegedly done that.

It's just another rumour made up to suit someone's idea that the players are revolting!

I prefer to go with Kamy/nickos comments on this one. Derby want him, his contract is ending so let's talk up Spurr and cash in what we can!

It's just another rumour made up to suit someone's idea that the players are revolting!

I prefer to go with Kamy/nickos comments on this one. Derby want him, his contract is ending so let's talk up Spurr and cash in what we can!

Honestly pal, if Olsson goes then Lambert can bring in a player he thinks will do the job for him. In fact, at a guess, Lambert would probably be happy if a few of them asked to leave. It would make his job a whole lot easier.

We just don't have time for players who don't want to be here. It's either you with us or against us.

I could choose stronger words than revolting.

Well having talked to a player recently, he was desperate for PL to get some new players in to improve the outlook

I think Dunny hinted to the fact there are too many just going through the motions and they need some big characters amongst them to shake things up.

You mean on radio Lancs?, was quite impressed with him and the experience has obviously done him good, he will be back at some stage soon and more than likely get it right

You mean on radio Lancs?, was quite impressed with him and the experience has obviously done him good, he will be back at some stage soon and more than likely get it right

Yeah I thought he came across well on there and fair play to him for not just toeing the old boys line, he's not been a gaffer long enough yet :)

Just sounded like a genuine fan.

Yeah I thought he came across well on there and fair play to him for not just toeing the old boys line, he's not been a gaffer long enough yet :)

Just sounded like a genuine fan.

We could do with him in the dressing room right now

For sure we could infact he maybe should never have left it but perhaps a spell away has helped him look at it from the outside like we do. Crazy how GB went 451 beginning of this season after the best man for that job had gone.

Since you keep wanting me to talk about him - i'll correct you. I complained a lot and pointed out many deficiencies, I just always stayed on the fence in terms of sacking because I didn't think it would fix all the problems at bay - if you remember I was hoping we'd get some sort of JW style appointment to mediate with fans and breath some confidence into the long term direction of the club. I never could predict that they'd hire a proper manager so I was as chuffed as anyone.

If you want me to reply again, stick to football and not point scoring.

I never expected it overnight, but I never expected us to get worse over night either. Rotherham, Preston and Bristol City are the only wins we've managed so far and if that statistic stays the same for another couple of months we may even get a few posters league 1 wish.

I'm not hounding anyone out. Oh the Irony...

Time should be given but we are allowed (as it's been pointed out A MILLION TIMES on here) to give our opinions at any point of his tenure. Do you think I want us to go back on the managerial merry go round? Do you think I want Lambert to turn out as Appleton Mk2?

End of the day, all I want is BRFC to win. If they cant do that, I want them to try to win. If they aren't even showing like they want to win, I'm going to be extremely @#/? off. It's far to early to even suggest that PL is not the man for the job, but if noting that we've failed to win in 6 is "point scoring" then I'm starting to wonder what constitutes discussion on these pages these days.

I'm not he only one on here who thinks you are constantly invoking the memory of Bowyer, whether you mention him by name or not.

And I think its you who's trying to do the point-scoring.

My position on PL is exactly the same as when he was appointed. I said then we had no chance of promtion with this lot and that PL's job this season was to keep us up.

I also said that I was certain we would have been relegated under Bowyer this season or next. The graph was definitely sloping downwards and has been for 5 years.

Under PL we at long last have someone with experience and a track record and I am patiently awaiting success in the future.

I don't care whether you reply or not but I'd be happy never to mention GB again. Giving PL a hard time over a squad that was run down over years and which he inherited will achieve nothing though. Its going to be a tough period but we have to stick with it.

After a day to dwell on it, I think one or two of my posts yesterday were slightly flippant and born out of frustration and disappointment.

I am desperate for PL to do well, and expected a great deal from him - perhaps too much. It's fair to say things have gone south since, and I (and others) have partaken in a lot of finger pointing and trying to diagnose the problem.

The players are clearly not pulling their weight. This is for one of two reasons: they aren't trying as much as they should, or the new tactics aren't effectively getting the best out of them and limiting them. To be honest, if it's the first one I'd much rather Lambert prevail in any sort of 'battle' with the players - they've been mediocre before and at least Lambert has a clean slate without any previous disappointments. If it's the second, I hope Lambert either adapts slightly or brings in the personnel required to fulfill his tactical ambitions.

I think my criticism at Lambert has been a result of my very high expectation, but I make no apologies for having a moan at some of the abject displays. However, now isn't the time for knee jerk reactions, and we have to hope Lambert gets it right or else we could be in deep bother.

It's a massive week ahead, with a tough potential banana skin at Newport followed by a very winnable game at a beleaguered Charlton, who have a new manager at the helm. That game will tell us a lot.

Let's hope Lambert and Rovers get it spot on and turn around this cycle of mediocrity. Things are going to be tough, certain dressing room darlings are going to be upset, but I bloody hope sometime soon we will see the resurgence of Blackburn Rovers.

For all my sulking and moaning...in Lambert we must trust.

COYB

Archived