BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

It's all too nicey nicey that's the type most of them seem to be on the pitch and now they probably just don't know what to make of the new demands on them. A couple of guys behind me talking today probably nailed it by saying Rhodes is too soft when bad passes or no pass gets to him when he shows, he just turns and ambles away. The guys were saying imagine Shearer, Bellamy, Cole or even Roberts in that situation they'd be moaning like hell at their teammates.

Too many out there neither believe in themselves or each other nor put demands on each other.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all too nicey nicey that's the type most of them seem to be on the pitch and now they probably just don't know what to make of the new demands on them. A couple of guys behind me talking today probably nailed it by saying Rhodes is too soft when bad passes or no pass gets to him when he shows, he just turns and ambles away. The guys were saying imagine Shearer, Bellamy, Cole or even Roberts in that situation they'd be moaning like hell at their teammates.

Too many out there neither believe in themselves or each other nor put demands on each other.

Sums up Rhodes for me. Terrific talent but he's in serious danger of frittering it away. Not through bad attitude. But through no bloody attitude at all. I've been a big fan of his. But I think he should be dropped to try and stoke what fire there is in his belly.

Sad to say I agree on Rhodes, I still think a goal will set him off again but a start on the bench just for the sake of trying something different wouldn't do any harm. Charlton away is the perfect game for him to get scoring again but also maybe a good game to try something else.

Also have to say it's the type of game Bowyers side would go and win so we really should go there not fearing anything.

Yes, he needs to get his own people into the dressing room and on the training ground.

And he needs to do it quick

I don't mean sign just anybody, but he needs players in now, who will get this squad over the line.

Rovers in a catch 22.

The players don't want Lambert or any kind of pressure or ambition that rocks their comfort zone. Therefore they won't play for him, performance levels are lower and we've a good chance of going down.

But without a Lambert like figure the players remain, coast along and slowly get worse. Each year expectations and resources are lower and as we underperform (continually) we draw closer to relegation. Plus the squad and culture remain leaving the attitude resistant to change and fixing.

Either way we are broken.

Only way out of it Imo is get Lambert able to buy some big hitters now. We need quality but more than that we need to change the culture.

Wonderful thing hindsight but perhaps GBs biggest failure was replacing a mercenary culture with a comfort one.

Just got chance to listen to the Lambert post game interview. His honesty really is refreshing after both Bowyer and Keans unwillingness to criticise performances. As a fan I really appreciate that sort of honesty and the acceptance that it's not acceptable at such a great club as Rovers.

As for the content of what he said, it's echoing what a number of posters have alluded to with regards attitude and application, I thought Dunn's comments re 'reverting to type' were the most telling. Hearing that from someone who played with a number of these players is a pretty damning indictment as to their commitment, or lack of to the club.

A really honest, forthright interview and I got the impression he was holding back a little. After the past few weeks it has given me a little optimism but things need to change quickly and this can only be done by signing a couple of players of the right character. Some of the current bunch clearly cannot deliver what Lambert wants in terms of effort and commitment.

Maybe it's just me but this interview just came across as passing the buck to the players. I've never been consumed by interviews, but personally thought that modern day millionaire footballers may respond badly to this kind of thing.

Equally it's quite motivating for the fans to hear but I can't get "the buck stops with the manager" out of my head since it was shouted at me on here a million times in the past 2 years.

End of the day if they ain't playing, it's pls fault. No matter what they say.

Maybe it's just me but this interview just came across as passing the buck to the players. I've never been consumed by interviews, but personally thought that modern day millionaire footballers may respond badly to this kind of thing.

Equally it's quite motivating for the fans to hear but I can't get "the buck stops with the manager" out of my head since it was shouted at me on here a million times in the past 2 years.

If they were his players you'd have a point.

Because he's a lot more experience! Also add to that the load of quality coaching staff they brought with.

Basically PL has been hired to get us out this league so it's fair to be more expectant of him when GB was hired because there was literally no one left in the club!

The buck does stop with the manager, no question.

Still, any manager can only instruct, it's up to the players to execute ultimately.

At the moment, Lambert's job is much more than what happens during 90 minutes on the pitch. He has to reverse the malais that has descended, improve fitness after 2 years of slackness, and get rid of the bad eggs. It's astonishing that people who wanted to give Bowyer a further couple of years want Lambert out after a dozen games.

Because he's a lot more experience! Also add to that the load of quality coaching staff they brought with.

Basically PL has been hired to get us out this league so it's fair to be more expectant of him when GB was hired because there was literally no one left in the club!

it was Bowyers remit too

But this isn't Lambert squad and listening to his comments he not happy with players not following his tactics.

Time to judge Lambert is January 2017 when he had time to put his squad together and a full pre season.

For me, this season is about staying up and then building a squad for promotion push next season. Like Hughton did at Brighton

Bowyer never ever took any responsibility for anything although he also rarely publically passed the buck on to the players. He stood there and basically made excuses for them and in doing so often insulted our intelligence after what we were seeing . We know damn well yesterdays performance would have been summed up as a right good go with plenty positives.

If he had have fired into the players a bit he might have swerved a lot of stick on here but he was terrified of upsetting them. Just like they were terrified of him getting sacked hence their really stepping it up everytime the pressure was really on then immediately easing up again.

It's about time the focus was on these players they've had it easy up to now. Their chickens are coming home to roost now no one is making excuses for them every week.

The point is in 10 games we've carried on with these inconsistent results that won't put us in the prem. 3 wins, 3 draws, 4 defeats. Rather than go on about GBs results just take it as base fact that both aren't good enough for the set aim.

What he says is no more relevant than what we say- it's an overall improvement that we need. Results will improve the atmosphere also and coincidentally the mood on here.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to be calling for the managers head at this point, and ofcourse we need to look longer term. Still have faith that PL can turn it but that's becoming more blind faith by every poor rudderless display or ex rushden and diamonds veteran signing (more bargain bucket signings)

We are two weeks into the window and when you look at the squads at the top, you can see we need to invest but it's not looking like it's going to happen this window. I'd like to think that the plan is get away from FFP this season then spend a bit over the summer - it's just a slight worry at the minute if we will make it to May!

Something's got to change with or without these players!

Archived