BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took this from Fb so somebody please correct me if it's wrong.

Otherwise this is everything that I want to hear from a Rovers manager and shows that he knows what he is doing. I not also the lack of putting down of Rhodes contribution to the club...

I had a chat with Jordan and he wanted to go.

The club maybe should have taken (the money) when it happened before because the club has to rebuild. Thats evident to compete in the Championship and Im talking about the top end; to try and get out of the league. The club has to be rebuilt and the investment will help.

Its great scoring goals but if youre not getting enough points and youre not getting near the play-offs or the top of the table then it defeats the purpose. Its chicken or the egg.

We have to build a team here to get up the league. It cant revolve around one person. Its got to revolve around an 18, 19, or 20-odd man squad. Weve got to get that balance right and thats what well try and do in the summer.

We have to have a plan here. This club has to have a plan to move forward. There is a lot, a lot of work to get done. Sometimes you have to go back to go forward and the Jordan thing, while people will be disappointed, they have to understand why we have done it. This football club will outweigh any individual. It always will. And we have to make ourselves as strong as we can.

Nobody can criticise Jordan Rhodes contribution to Blackburn Rovers. Hes been a phenomenon. But thats football. We have to get a better team. Thats my concern, having a team that can compete to get out of the league, and hopefully the money will help us in that aspect."

Asked if Rovers can move on without Rhodes, Lambert said:

100 per cent. I will state my life on it.

Blackburn Rovers will be long here after Im away. Blackburn Rovers is more important than any individual. This football club will get stronger and the investment will hopefully help."

It does read though as though Lambert has weighed up that he can't afford a better team at Rovers without the money from Rhodes' sale.

When I listened to that Lambert interview yesterday, was the first time in a long long time where I could identify with a Rovers manager. I've always been behind Lambert and will remain to be despite results this season. Was the best interview i've heard from a Rovers manager in going on 10 years.

PLBWA

• Backroom

A lot of people on here have been saying for a couple of years that a sad reality is Rhodes may need sacrificing to strengthen the entire team which is why after thinking more we shouldn't target an expensive striker and instead a few quality players.

Lambert is saying exactly the right things, backing it up is the tricky part now but if he gets this right it could be the making of us.

If he gets it wrong however.....

That is the pressure of leadership

Lambert has experienced a lot of it. I trust him to make the right call on this.

He is starting to change the nature of the team already.

Ward, Bennett, Jackson, Graham, Watt,

He is paid to make the changes and have a positive impact. That is where the pressure lies.

Just imagine what a win at Boro could do for us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it could change the whole season in 90 mins.

He who dares wins,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that is why Bowyer never made it................that was not in his DNA.

A lot of people on here have been saying for a couple of years that a sad reality is Rhodes may need sacrificing to strengthen the entire team which is why after thinking more we shouldn't target an expensive striker and instead a few quality players.

Lambert is saying exactly the right things, backing it up is the tricky part now but if he gets this right it could be the making of us.

If he gets it wrong however.....

Exactly Tom. The words are great. I could say exactly what he's said, but I couldn't put a team on the park to back it up.

But....... There is at least something to look forward to now. We've got a manager who doesn't hide, - someone who doesn't talk the club and its prospects down. He hopefully has funds available to rebuild now. Even if he fails, would anyone want to go back to where we came from? Would anyone (sorry for mentioning Rhodes again) re-sign him now and go back to where we were? I wouldn't, not for a minute.

At least the guy has a real plan and the experience and genuine belief to go about it having seen it work before. No guarantees of course but whatever happens he should leave us in better shape than he found us.

Gaz was the groundworker who helped clear the site of rubbish and began relaying the foundations, now the builders are in at last !

As for Lambert a massive decision which will make or break his time here. I think it's the wrong one, and that's an understatement but we have to hope that Lambert can somehow do a "Gordon Lee" and mould a bunch of journeymen into a winning team.

Isn't that the essence of the Championship, Rev?

If Bowyer was still here, I'd be worried that he has nothing up his sleeve as an alternative. We've relied so much on Rhodes that it's probably just about papered over the cracks in the rest of the team.

However, as it's Lambert, and he's clearly got an idea of who he wants and presumably how he wants them to play, I'm not worried. It's a work in progress and Rhodes has apparently wanted to leave for the last couple of windows if reports are true. How can any manager stop that sort of situation? And does it bode well for the club to have a restrained player with us who openly wants to be elsewhere?

Don't agree, we've been screwed over unless Venkies back us for the players we must have been hoping to sign.

Well the new ones we have got came in before Boro came a calling, fine job they did at Oxford as well.

I trust PL to work this one out in our favour

He's right. Club haven't seriously looked like reaching the playoffs since Rhodes joined. Says more about the rest of the team (with exceptions) and that's the keyword...TEAM. Not exactly saying Lambert wouldn't sign "stars" (checkout the Gordon Lee Tyneside quote I posted recently) but he certainly seems to be a manager with a strong team philosophy.

He's right. Club haven't seriously looked like reaching the playoffs since Rhodes joined. Says more about the rest of the team (with exceptions) and that's the keyword...TEAM. Not exactly saying Lambert wouldn't sign "stars" (checkout the Gordon Lee Tyneside quote I posted recently) but he certainly seems to be a manager with a strong team philosophy.

Erm...I've read the other threads now.

I suspect he'll go in the summer for sure if nothing happens tomorrow. The main short term issue is we don't know what plans Rovers had for incomings tomorrow and whether the Rhodes deal being off now prevents any further signings.

If he goes in the summer then PL would still hopefully be able to do what he wants with the squad.

Archived