BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lambert hoping for big funding in the summer but he certainly isn't acting like its a guaranteed promise from the owners.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3456287/FA-Cup-upset-against-West-Ham-catalyst-owners-giving-transfer-war-chest-says-Blackburn-boss-Paul-Lambert.html

Can't agree with the comments that Venkys can't be criticised for putting money in. Lerner has put money into Villa and that hasn't stopped people (including Lambert) rightly criticising him.

The more I read/hear from this guy, the more I like him. If anything will get fans back to Ewood, it's ambition, and this fella has it in spades.

A marquee signing in the Summer (relatively speaking) would be very well received. However, it doesn't seem Lambert's style. He will probably add quality in depth to our squad. Many of the players that we already have seem to have lost their way a little. If the can become 'Lambert fit' and Lambert motivated then they may be able to contribute to that quality in depth. I'm thinking Marshall, Conway, Henley, Hanley (who has already come on massively), Duffy, Spurr, Brown, even Lowe - if used in the right way (although I need a little more convincing in his case ^_^).

Turning these loanees into permanent seems likely - providing we don't blow all of the Rhodes money on wages.

But we still need to be looking at somebody of Barton's ilk in the centre of midfield. He seemed to lose his way but has been turned around by a proper man-manager. We have the latter at Rovers (for now at least) here's hoping for the former.

The more I read/hear from this guy, the more I like him. If anything will get fans back to Ewood, it's ambition, and this fella has it in spades.

A marquee signing in the Summer (relatively speaking) would be very well received. However, it doesn't seem Lambert's style. He will probably add quality in depth to our squad. Many of the players that we already have seem to have lost their way a little. If the can become 'Lambert fit' and Lambert motivated then they may be able to contribute to that quality in depth. I'm thinking Marshall, Conway, Henley, Hanley (who has already come on massively), Duffy, Spurr, Brown, even Lowe - if used in the right way (although I need a little more convincing in his case ^_^).

Turning these loanees into permanent seems likely - providing we don't blow all of the Rhodes money on wages.

But we still need to be looking at somebody of Barton's ilk in the centre of midfield. He seemed to lose his way but has been turned around by a proper man-manager. We have the latter at Rovers (for now at least) here's hoping for the former.

Agree we have been lacking a midfield general and leader on the pitch for a few seasons, never been a fan of Hanley as captain.

Is there anyone on here left who thinks Lambert has the slightest chance in hell, next season or any other, of getting us promoted? He has not shown one single sign of any potential in that regard.

In your own words, Venky's have ruined the club, so what exactly were you expecting Lambert to accomplish in three months?

• Backroom

That'll get the fans flooding back.

It's OK though, because West Ham are far better than us and we shouldn't expect any more than an absolute drubbing.

Derby away should be interesting. Get something there and maybe we can say sacrificing today's game was worth the gamble, otherwise we've just lost what's left of our season without even trying our best.

Is there anyone on here left who thinks Lambert has the slightest chance in hell, next season or any other, of getting us promoted? He has not shown one single sign of any potential in that regard.

Would you have backed Hughes to cement us top 10 of prem, Europe and cup runs after 3 or 6 months?

Let's not get "knee jerked" because we lost on TV.

Hmm.

Pretty uncomfortable reading with the benefit of hindsight. Doesn't want a replay then we get a man cheaply sent off and surrender the game before the hour mark. Would probably have been better saving those thoughts until after the game in the event we had performed reasonably and earned a replay.

Very disappointed in Lambert today. He's lost a bit of trust from the fans as far as I'm concerned. He bigger up the game and the FA Cup (even going so far as to tempt a transfer war chest on the back of a result today) then picks a team that betrayed his real belief that we would lose.

I can only assume that he benched Hanley and Gomez because he didn't want to affect confidence for the league. But why then ask the fans to fill the ground when they are looking at the game in the same way Lambert clearly is? That will not have convinced a single wavering walk-on to join the long suffering season ticket holders.

A frustrating day and a step backwards for Lambert. If we get promoted with this squad it's not going to be much fun at all. :(

Very disappointed in Lambert today. He's lost a bit of trust from the fans as far as I'm concerned. He bigger up the game and the FA Cup (even going so far as to tempt a transfer war chest on the back of a result today) then picks a team that betrayed his real belief that we would lose.

I can only assume that he benched Hanley and Gomez because he didn't want to affect confidence for the league. But why then ask the fans to fill the ground when they are looking at the game in the same way Lambert clearly is? That will not have convinced a single wavering walk-on to join the long suffering season ticket holders.

A frustrating day and a step backwards for Lambert. If we get promoted with this squad it's not going to be much fun at all. :(

Sorry, if we get promoted with this squad? Really?!!

Sorry, if we get promoted with this squad? Really?!!

Unlikely, granted, but Blackpool got promoted with worse.

Thankfully we don't have to play one of the best 6 teams in the country every week and if we gel, we can cause teams problems.

That problem is going to be in 2017 at the very earliest!

I think Lambert will get us top 6 next season. We need an overhaul of the squad in the summer. Thats why I think Lambert will sign 8 or 9 players come the summer.

This squad wont get promote so thats why we need the overhaul of the squad

The time to judge Lambert is in next summer for me.

I think Lambert will get us top 6 next season. We need an overhaul of the squad in the summer. Thats why I think Lambert will sign 8 or 9 players come the summer.

This squad wont get promote so thats why we need the overhaul of the squad

The time to judge Lambert is in next summer for me.

Based on what? We've generally looked worse under Lambert than Bowyer who you also supported to the hilt right up until the moment he was sacked.

I also think if we sign 8 or 9 players in summer it will be more rubbish like we've brought in this window (Gomez excepted). I suspect Lambert knows he is whistling in the wind calling for significant investment in summer which is why I reckon he's done it publicly now so he can cover his own back and shift the blame to the owners should things continue to go wrong and also give himself a ready made excuse for leaving if he wishes.

Based on what? We've generally looked worse under Lambert than Bowyer who you also supported to the hilt right up until the moment he was sacked.

I also think if we sign 8 or 9 players in summer it will be more rubbish like we've brought in this window (Gomez excepted). I suspect Lambert knows he is whistling in the wind calling for significant investment in summer which is why I reckon he's done it publicly now so he can cover his own back and shift the blame to the owners should things continue to go wrong and also give himself a ready made excuse for leaving if he wishes.

Lambert is PROVEN at this level and has a Promotions on HIS CV.

He will bring in his players to play his style.

I expect Graham, Watt and Gomez to sign permanent. Think Graham is the sort of striker we need.

Expecting a massive overhaul this summer.

Lambert is PROVEN at this level and has a Promotions on HIS CV.

He will bring in his players to play his style.

I expect Graham, Watt and Gomez to sign permanent. Think Graham is the sort of striker we need.

Expecting a massive overhaul this summer.

I'm not bullying in asking you a genuine question..

Why do we need all these players ? You said bowyer and his players were top 6 ( bowyer said promotion) surely you would only want a few tweaks ?

Think Lambert got it very wrong today and the blind belief in him astounds me.

His signings

Jackson- had a blinder against a league 2 team but well past his sell by date and been poor more than good.

E Bennett- one good game against Fulham but like Jackson not an improvement on what we had in wide positions and not fit to lace Conways boots in for some reason keeps getting played wide left when he is one of the best assist players in championship.

Graham - Only a loanee ,scored midweek but still a lot to prove if he is going to be bought for a few million and be next seasons main man

Watt- Scored a good goal via league two opposition, had some talent at some point but not showing much and has been benched quite a bit, wouldnt sign him based on what i have seen to date.

Ward- Not a bad squad player and probably Lamberts best signing , but will he be replacement for Duffy or Hanley?

Grimes - again a loanee, supposed to have talent, looking forward to seeing him

Gomez - A good player at this level and has shown glimpses of what he can bring.

Our results in the main under lambert have been poor, the odd good performance but many many poor ones, (bolton away being just one of them).

Talk of top 6 next season???? Jeez some must be smoking some serious stuff, especially when in same breath they mention 8 or 9 new players too.

Rovers will need a number of seasons to try and assemble a squad and for the first time under venkys we actually have no real stars to fill the coffers when sales are needed.

Lambert inherited this squad but has added 7 of his own, no excuses, its a results business and to date the team has gone down the table.

Fortunately the teams in the bottom 3 will go down this year, but unless something serious happens in the summer, we too are on borrowed time.

Archived