BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a thought why doesn't Lambert fly out to India and talk to the owners? Every manager that has been its worked in their favour spending wise...they may even listen to him and appoint a chairman? Does Lambert have to be that stubborn or is he looking for an excuse to get out because he underestimated the job at hand????

Lambert is the manager of the football team not their lacky

Until a proper structure is in place to run the club from the UK with proper authority nothing will change

I'd like to think that if he was summoned or encouraged that Lambert would have flown over there during the International break. Maybe he offered and got knocked back so that's why he's kicking off ?

If Lambert was to quit i think irvine and kelly would join him and I can't imagine another respectable experienced manager wanting to take over so with venkys penchant for promoting from within i could see Damien Johnson taking charge(he does seem to be doing well in his current role)

Hopfully though lambert wont be leaving and everything will "become clear" very soon(in a possitive way fingers crossed)

There are a million possibilities given it is the chicken farmers in charge.. at the moment we are all in the dark, and have been in this position since they took over.

For all we know Myers handing in his notice has turned into the catalyst for implosion, I do not doubt the likes of Cortese (or any other MDs we have approached) would of stated we would be lucky to get promoted with a 50m investment or simply told Venkys they do not have a hope in hell of turning the situation around (we are not Southampton with a large catchment area, few competitors and a far larger population).....

But to be fair there are so many alternatives out there that it simply is a guessing game, all we know for sure is Venkys brought in a fixer to sort things out, Shaw got the boot, PL was hired, Rhodes was sold, No money was spent and now Myers quit and PL is stressing about Investment in the summer and a lack of a leader (MD) at the club.

Did Venkys expect Lambert to be able to polish a turd? Are they waiting for the changes to ffp to come into play? Have they been told they don't have a hope in hell of turning it around? Did they hire Lambert to simply increase the clubs value short term? Have they been badly advised again? Is the medallion man having another argument with his sister? Have they finally run out of money? Are they waiting to see what happens to Leicester in the hopes it will increase the value of the club? Have the Scottish mafia finally called in the debt? Has bilaji had a sex change and is now called Brenda? Has Jeromes 'Blackburn loot' fund been found in the Panama offshore accounts?

Given Venkys complete and utter irrational decision making from the day they decided to buy the club we simply can not predict what the hell they will do next, it could be one extreme or another.

Just a thought why doesn't Lambert fly out to India and talk to the owners? Every manager that has been its worked in their favour spending wise...they may even listen to him and appoint a chairman? Does Lambert have to be that stubborn or is he looking for an excuse to get out because he underestimated the job at hand????

Nah they only listen to leeches and liars.

Plus not everyone from Glasgow is a shameless ass kisser.

Exactly. He should be going out there on Sunday but from his comments he wont be. .

You have to adapt to their way of doing things. Not ideal or my way of doing if I was the owner but its their way.

Lambert's views on Danny Graham are not encouraging to say the least. When he is asked about Danny Graham's work rate and that whether he should track back when we are down to 10 men, he says no, let others do their jobs. If everyone was doing their jobs, we would not need a manager and our goals conceded record would be in the top 3 in this league. What happened to "defending from the front" ? If this is the mentality that he is "teaching" the players, not to go that extra mile and chase lost causes, how will we get those losses to draws? I fail to understand what is wrong in holding on to a lead and why does he have to remain fresh? His logic would have been understandable if we were a goal down and not a goal up.

Latest Lambert comments. Pretty much same s*** different day:

http://audioboom.com/boos/4402339-t

Exactly. He should be going out there on Sunday but from his comments he wont be. .

You have to adapt to their way of doing things. Not ideal or my way of doing if I was the owner but its their way.

Their way... One reason they won't be successful at running a football club in England it doesn't work that way

Surely if Lambert had been invited to Pune to present his plans in person he would've done it.

Why should he go on a wild goose chase at his own expense?

It's pretty obvious that Venky's are not interested in his plans and he will either quit or be sacked.

I think if Lambert told Pasha that can we go India after the Wolves game to present his plans in person they would meet him.

Venkys like face to face talks like Kean always like to do.

I'm not saying this is right way to a BRFC but its their way.

I think if Lambert told Pasha that can we go India after the Wolves game to present his plans in person they would meet him.

Why should Lambert initiate it?

Any meeting in India should be at Venky's request and expense.

Why should he have to beg for a meeting?

Lambert is more an old school manager and won't pander to the owners in the same manner as Kean and Bowyer.

Sam was asked to go to Pune when they first took over and he said no. Think that probably set the tone for what followed..

Now I'm a big fan a Lambert and I really hope he stays and he gets what he wants and the flowers bloom in the garden etc etc and in no way I'm I on Venks side but I do think he should keep his own counsel for the moment until something more solid is known.

I thought the question was fairly clear and so was his reply. Hey, what do u think about Graham's work rate? Specially when we were down to 10? Hey he has a great work rate but he should not work so hard and should leave the defensive duties to others. While I dont disagree with him in an ideal scenario when everyone does their jobs, dont you think these comments send the wrong message? Tomorrow Hanley and specially Duffy would think its ok to not score goals from corners or set pieces as its the job of the "attackers" to get you goals? These goals have pretty much dried out ever since Scott Dann left. This pretty much negates the defend as a team or attack as a team philosophy.

Having said that I think Lambert should be backed by atleast the Jordan Rhodes money, and if we are there or thereabouts near the playoffs by christmas, he should be backed in the January transfer window. If we are close to relegation or near as even after that 10 odd million, he should be potted.

Lambert's views on Danny Graham are not encouraging to say the least. When he is asked about Danny Graham's work rate and that whether he should track back when we are down to 10 men, he says no, let others do their jobs. If everyone was doing their jobs, we would not need a manager and our goals conceded record would be in the top 3 in this league. What happened to "defending from the front" ? If this is the mentality that he is "teaching" the players, not to go that extra mile and chase lost causes, how will we get those losses to draws? I fail to understand what is wrong in holding on to a lead and why does he have to remain fresh? His logic would have been understandable if we were a goal down and not a goal up.

I totally agree with him. The standard approach when you go down to 10 men is to adopt a 4-4-1 formation. So, compared to a 4-4-2, everyone else is doing the same amount of work and the lone striker is attempting to do double the amount. The striker will be much more isolated and therefore have a much harder job retaining possession in the opposition half. So he's got enough on his plate doing that, heck no don't load tracking back onto him as well. The best performance I've ever seen in that role was Bellamy against Middlesbrough at home where we won 3-2 with 10 men and he scored the winner. He absolutely terrorised the opposition back 4 single handedly, because he had the energy to do so because he had zero responsibility when Boro had the ball.

PL is old school he isn't going to go grovelling for a meeting the other side of the world

As for Pasha another advisor FFS

As for Kean I bet you backed him to the hilt like you did GB

You need to wake up and smell the coffee it doesn't taste that good At BRFC ever since these charlatans rocked up

This is nonsense. PL only has "to adapt to their way of doing things" if he wants to remain as manager of Blackburn Rovers. Hasn't he made it clear that he doesn't want to stay in the job in those circumstances?

He will walk and another club will be lucky to get him.

As for us......

I would agree with you as well under the following circumstances.

1. Bellamy was not just pace, he had other attributes as well like retaining the ball, running with the ball in the opposition half, gliding past defenders, etc. He was a class above. He was a match winner on his day.

2. Graham did not score the winning goal, nor did we win 3-2. <- Result is important. Unlike the boro result, we lost.

• Moderation Lead

From the tone of your last few posts it sounds like you are trying to justify PL not being manager any more....

Apologies if I've got you wrong, just I perhaps wouldn't be as suspicious if you didn't have Venky's hometown in your user name.....

• Backroom

Face to face talks never really got Kean anything beyond more time to ruin us. We made a net profit on transfers the season we got relegated, and the bulk of the money spent at the start of 12/13 was a panic reaction set off by Best getting injured. You may recall it was Singh who wanted Rhodes, too, not Kean. Singh has actually been the only one to ever get any sort of significant funds out of them.

Bowyer also did plenty of face to face meetings, and where did it get him? Other than Shane Duffy's £1.5m purchase, we were still fishing around the bargain bin and bringing in other teams cast offs. If Lambert is looking for serious investment I doubt a meeting with Venky's is going to be enough. If he goes there and starts telling them what they need to do he's more likely to be sacked than backed, imo. Judging by previous appointments they prefer their managers to tow the line and gratefully accept whatever they are given, not kick up a fuss and demand things from them.

One of the most telling comments from Lambert recently was that he is fed up of being the club spokesman. I took that as he was angry that their isn't a Chairman/CEO who should be the go between and who he should deal with on day to day matters. It would be this person who flies to India to keep the idiots updated (if that is how they want things done) and Lambert would be free to concentrate on the sole reason he was appointed - to manage the football side of the club. In a normal business this would be the case but when have they run Rovers lie a normal business.

They must be the most stupid business people ever if they can't see this.

Archived