BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

There could end up another stand off developing here which in itself is very damaging. He's backed himself into a corner and won't back down but probably won't resign as he'll want paying off. They won't want to pay him off but won't back him at all maybe now because they want him to walk. Paralysis again, we've seen this before and as usual the club suffers.

Works in Venkys favour again though because it gives them excuses not to spend.

Ridiculous stuff.

very good point.

But the owners and Lambert needs to sort this out asap. we cannot afford a manager in Limbo.

does he want the Celtic job? would he stay if the owners back him with a big budget?

if he does leave do the owners/advisors even have a clue who they target as a replacement or how unhappy the fans are with this entire situation.

There is no stirring at all going on just a Rovers fan who is getting fed up with this entire situation and the lack of communication with fans and the lack of plan short term and long term.

personally I hope they sort out this mess and come the start of next season Lambert is the manager of Blackburn Rovers Football Club

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. Lambert/whoever the manager is come the summer, should be given around 6 to 8 million pounds transfer budget plus the wages.

players I would be targeting on free transfers are Steve Whittaker, Mulgrew, Graham

Players for fees are Mark Bunn from Villa for the keeper spot, Jacob Murphy winger from Norwich who is on loan at Coventry has scored 8 goals and Tom Bradshaw from Walsall who has scored 13 goals this season and 17 goals last season,

Gone down slightly from 15 million you really do yourself no favours

Stop hanging on Nixons apron strings he's a journalist covering all angles

He is a small time journalist. All he does is speculate whilst covering as many bases as possible. I really can't take anything he writes seriously. But as you rightly say he has some ridiculous fascination with us.

For some reason he has a gripe with Rovers I wonder if it goes back to the 50 million warchest which was leaked to him from within leaving him with egg all over his face

For some reason he has a gripe with Rovers I wonder if it goes back to the 50 million warchest which was leaked to him from within leaving him with egg all over his face

Or possibly the stick he got when he used to post on here.

wrong again but still looking for argument again. so stop twisting everything to suit your argument yet again. I have also notice that you only ever reply to my post and its almost like you are stalking me or trolling me.

I said that what I thought Lambert would get to spend from the owners cos I didn't see the point in bring in an experience proven promotion manager and not backing him.

At least I have outline what my plan would be and the players I would be targeting and what we need in terms of quality signings.

wrong again but still looking for argument again. so stop twisting everything to suit your argument yet again. I have also notice that you only ever reply to my post and its almost like you are stalking me or trolling me.

I said that what I thought Lambert would get to spend from the owners cos I didn't see the point in bring in an experience proven promotion manager and not backing him.

At least I have outline what my plan would be and the players I would be targeting and what we need in terms of quality signings.

Seems to me there are two looking for an argument!

Stop chatting rubbish a la Nixon

Having read the accounts, I can't imagine any owner wouldn't be in cutback mode. One last year of parachute money then we'll be down to an income of 8-10 million if lucky. 60-odd people in an academy that produces a player every couple of years? 40-odd people in a ticketing/commercial operation that sells a couple of thousand walk on tickets every other week?

All from your side. You are the one trolling and stalking me

I'm talking football and you are looking for argument.

Your talking rubbish a la Nixon

Let's just leave it at that

Having read the accounts, I can't imagine any owner wouldn't be in cutback mode. One last year of parachute money then we'll be down to an income of 8-10 million if lucky. 60-odd people in an academy that produces a player every couple of years? 40-odd people in a ticketing/commercial operation that sells a couple of thousand walk on tickets every other week?

Agreed

I just don't know where we go from here

but we are talking Venky's here Venky's and sense don't seem to go hand in hand

From Today Sun on Sunday

Blackburn are stalling on handling boss Paul Lambert a war chest for this summer.

The Rovers boss wants 20 million pounds for players but owners Venkys will not cough up as they fear Lambo could be possible target for old club Celtic

Is it me or is that contradictory. Surely not giving him momey would make it more likely he leaves, best way to make him stay is to pave his way with gold. More stirring? Where does 20 mil come from.

I agree. Lambert/whoever the manager is come the summer, should be given around 6 to 8 million pounds transfer budget plus the wages.

players I would be targeting on free transfers are Steve Whittaker, Mulgrew, Graham

Players for fees are Mark Bunn from Villa for the keeper spot, Jacob Murphy winger from Norwich who is on loan at Coventry has scored 8 goals and Tom Bradshaw from Walsall who has scored 13 goals this season and 17 goals last season,

Its quite clear that he wont get 8 Million, but we basically need a totally new squad anyway.

Mark Bunn is certainly not promotion quality either. The only players I'd want to keep are Hanley, Duffy and Ward at CB, Marshall as a winger, Graham if we can sign him up permanently, Lenihan (still raw) and Evans (injury prone). No one else is good enough. Also, Elliott Bennett has been a terrible signing, hes been shocking since he signed.

I know that, say if Irvine took over, youll still be predicting top 6 in the summer regardless.

• Moderation Lead

Its quite clear that he wont get 8 Million, but we basically need a totally new squad anyway.

Mark Bunn is certainly not promotion quality either. The only players I'd want to keep are Hanley, Duffy and Ward at CB, Marshall as a winger, Graham if we can sign him up permanently, Lenihan (still raw) and Evans (injury prone). No one else is good enough. Also, Elliott Bennett has been a terrible signing, hes been shocking since he signed.

I know that, say if Irvine took over, youll still be predicting top 6 in the summer regardless.

Whilst I agree with most of what you say, I really don't know why you think Bennett has been a terrible signing. He had a slow start admittedly, but I think he's been one of our better players since he got into a rhythm....

Bennett has been a good/fairly good signing imo. Think his best game was against Fulham at home.

Bunn is good keeper at this level for me. Wanted him to be our number 1 when we got relegated 4 years ago.

I want promotion as soon as possible from this league and get to the PL whoever the manager is.

On summer transfer budget who knows what it will be until the Owners decide the plan going forward. Wouldnt mind an interview explaining what the plan is going forward to the fans. Something like a video interview on the website from the owners

• Backroom

It does seem at times Chaddy like you simply repeat the opinion of a certain journo, you've gone from 15m to £15-20m now to £6-8m.

A lot of the stuff printed in the papers is pure guesswork

Bennetts been ok because he's a willing grafter and gets stuck in but he's not much else about him. He was a free and prob not on big wages although we seem to chuck 10k pwk at anybody we sign for some daft reason. A player like him will offer nothing but hod carrying and I'm a bit non plussed he gets starts ahead of others because he creates nowt.

He seems the first name on the team sheet like Lowey was to GB yet you'd hope if we had money to upgrade he'd be back up but I'm not so sure.

I would class him as an ok signing though because he was free but it's obvious why he was.

Also, Elliott Bennett has been a terrible signing, hes been shocking since he signed.

I think Bennett's attitude is excellent and he's produced some really good displays. Certainly an improvement on what we already had in the squad and he can play in a number of positions. Delivery from set pieces has been good one game poor the next but overall a good buy/free signing.

Nixon barred someone today for questioning his claim of bolton making a bid for Rhodes last season haha

That just about sums him up. He's so f'in clueless he claimed a club on the verge of collapse is going to make a multi-million pound bid for a player. On a separate note, I hear we're in for Vardy this summer. You heard it hear first folks.

A friend of mine has informed me that Venkys are due at the Huddersfield game and there will be discussions with PL?? Anyone else heard this??

Hopefully this is correct. It would fit in with Lambert saying last week that he expected news on plans within 'the next few weeks' if he knew there was a visit lined up. Then again I'm sure we've heard before that they are planning on coming to a game before their plans suddenly change at the last minute and they don't show up. But surely even they are slightly interested to jump on a plane and see first hand what their 'investment' has bought them since their last visit.

Archived