BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

Hopefully this is correct. It would fit in with Lambert saying last week that he expected news on plans within 'the next few weeks' if he knew there was a visit lined up. Then again I'm sure we've heard before that they are planning on coming to a game before their plans suddenly change at the last minute and they don't show up. But surely even they are slightly interested to jump on a plane and see first hand what their 'investment' has bought them since their last visit.

If they turn up remember this is Venky's

It could work two ways once they see a dead empty stadium for a nothing game in front of 10000 they may think what the hell or let's make this place rocking again... I wouldn't hold your breath

Imho even if mouriniho took the gig until they appoint a UK based board with complete authority nothing will change

Venkys out

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gonna have to finish work early for a meet n greet .

Pray for snow !

Nixon barred someone today for questioning his claim of bolton making a bid for Rhodes last season haha

Even Freedman himself came out at the time and said that was mischief making by a journo and they weren't happy about it. This notion that Nixon is close to every xyz Scottish manager is wide of the mark, it's most likely their agents he's pals with and agents who he probably does most of his dirty work for.

A friend of mine has informed me that Venkys are due at the Huddersfield game and there will be discussions with PL?? Anyone else heard this??

Good source?

Didnt Alan Myers say at the Rovers Q and A last October that the owners dont tell staff at Ewood until 24/48 hours before the Game kick off

I'm blocked to .. He only allows ass licking nickoteens to follow him who laud over him and brown nose his every prediction .

I'm blocked too for asking him if he was related to the magician from the seventies David Nixon? I suggested he had more tricks up his sleeve then his Uncle David.

Back on topic.

If it was not for the fact that none of us have any idea what Venkys are up to (against all the normal ways of running a Community-led Sports outfit)then you would have to say that all this Season's consistent players are either Academy sourced or Bowyer signings. This fact alone shows how disappointing Lambert and Kelly/Irvine have performed in their 28 matches in charge.

We are in such a mess I cannot work out any forward plan..........

Back on topic.

If it was not for the fact that none of us have any idea what Venkys are up to (against all the normal ways of running a Community-led Sports outfit)then you would have to say that all this Season's consistent players are either Academy sourced or Bowyer signings. This fact alone shows how disappointing Lambert and Kelly/Irvine have performed in their 28 matches in charge.

Yet you want Dunn as manager who did such a wonderful job at Oldham. :lol:

Lay off the drink a bit.

Sadly I could see Dunn being made caretaker, winning 2 games in a row and that would probably be enough for some to say he deserves the job.

Back on topic.

The fact is that results have improved under Lambert. We can talk all day about individual performers, style of play, meeting expectations, or significant improvements. But over more games Lambert has a better points per game record than Bowyer, despite operating with predominantly Bowyer's squad.

All I'm bothered about is results. And despite inheriting a poor squad and spending next to nothing in January to improve it results have improved. Lambert has fulfilled his remit of keeping us clear of relegation this season and now deserves the opportunity Bowyer got in building his own squad and moulding it into his image. I have to say that if performances since January are anything to go by then I am looking forward with a great deal of optimism if Lambert remains, because I can see clear evidence of a manager with a plan, style and adaptability.

Even in the games we've lost we've played better than we were earlier in the season and have been on the wrong side of narrow margins and decisions - Preston, Sheffield, Burnley - full value for more than we got.

I'm not slagging Bowyer off here. I thought he did a brilliant job up until this season. For whatever reason last summer and the start of this season we derailed and were at real risk of going down because of it.

• Backroom

The fact is that results have improved under Lambert. We can talk all day about individual performers, style of play, meeting expectations, or significant improvements. But over more games Lambert has a better points per game record than Bowyer, despite operating with predominantly Bowyer's squad.

All I'm bothered about is results. And despite inheriting a poor squad and spending next to nothing in January to improve it results have improved. Lambert has fulfilled his remit of keeping us clear of relegation this season and now deserves the opportunity Bowyer got in building his own squad and moulding it into his image. I have to say that if performances since January are anything to go by then I am looking forward with a great deal of optimism if Lambert remains, because I can see clear evidence of a manager with a plan, style and adaptability.

Even in the games we've lost we've played better than we were earlier in the season and have been on the wrong side of narrow margins and decisions - Preston, Sheffield, Burnley - full value for more than we got.

I'm not slagging Bowyer off here. I thought he did a brilliant job up until this season. For whatever reason last summer and the start of this season we derailed and were at real risk of going down because of it.

It all started falling apart for GB around December 2014. Had it not been for that cup run I think a lot of people would have a much dimmer view of Bowyer's second full season, which was basically over for us by February.

As you say, points are all that matter at present and Lambert is gaining slightly more than Bowyer. It's also nice to have a manager who won't give the likes of Fode Koita £10k p/w. Still makes my head spin, that one.

It's not a Lambert v Bowyer debate though. Bowyer clearly wasn't doing at all well in the latter part of his reign and as DE says should have gone a lot earlier than he did.

Worryingly though Lambert is doing hardly any better imo. Very poor transfer dealings and recruitment and 3-4 points ahead of where we would have been had Bowyer not been sacked and we'd carried on accumulating points at the same rate. Take the honeymoon period out of it and the results look just as bad if not worse, 19 points from the last 20 games.

It's not a Lambert v Bowyer debate though. Bowyer clearly wasn't doing at all well in the latter part of his reign and as DE says should have gone a lot earlier than he did.

Worryingly though Lambert is doing hardly any better imo. Very poor transfer dealings and recruitment and 3-4 points ahead of where we would have been had Bowyer not been sacked and we'd carried on accumulating points at the same rate. Take the honeymoon period out of it and the results look just as bad if not worse, 19 points from the last 20 games.

But what you have to understand Rev is Lambert is using practically the same squad as Bowyer was, and its full of absolute cr@p.

His last gasp signings are here to keep us in this league, he's achieved that, to expect anymore is unrealistic at this stage in my opinion.

I've read a few of your posts about Lambert poor return points/performance wise, would you sack him?

Lambert's kept us in this league. Bowyer wouldn't have. That's all you need to know.

Where and in what capacity is Bowyer employed now ?

Says it all in my view.

If he was on a rolling contract he might still be being paid by us until it runs out. Isn't that the way the V's tend to do things at Rovers. He'll probably pop up somewhere after the summer.

If he was on a rolling contract he might still be being paid by us until it runs out. Isn't that the way the V's tend to do things at Rovers. He'll probably pop up somewhere after the summer.

The worst thing about Bowyer wasn't even tactics or general management. Its what basically became the Brockhall Babysitting Service.

I don't care how talented a manager might be tactically. Even if Bowyer was the best tactician in the world there's absolutely no reason make training sessions such an easy ride. I can't remember exact figures but I damn sure know Lambert works them much harder. More hours in the training ground as well.

Bowyer is a good option for an Academy job somewhere. I still think Academies need taskmasters to an extent but he wouldn't be the worst option in that regard. For a first team squad there's no logic in employing him with his easy training methods. I don't know how his supporters can condone that even if they feel he deserves credit for providing stability.

Archived