BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But what you have to understand Rev is Lambert is using practically the same squad as Bowyer was, and its full of absolute cr@p.

His last gasp signings are here to keep us in this league, he's achieved that, to expect anymore is unrealistic at this stage in my opinion.

I've read a few of your posts about Lambert poor return points/performance wise, would you sack him?

No I wouldn't sack him, like any other manager he deserves a fair crack of the whip which probably entails a full pre-season and the chance to make the team his own with reasonable financial backing in the transfer market.

That said I've seen nothing so far from Lambert and Irvine that justifies their lofty reputations as former Premier League managers.

No I wouldn't sack him, like any other manager he deserves a fair crack of the whip which probably entails a full pre-season and the chance to make the team his own with reasonable financial backing in the transfer market.

That said I've seen nothing so far from Lambert and Irvine that justifies their lofty reputations as former Premier League managers.

Irvine never had any lofty reputation as a EPL manager in the first place. West Brom fans were incensed when he was appointed. Their Chairman has no ambition whatsoever (not just talking about transfer market but no imagination though I suppose Irvine was certainly unexpected by their fans!) but I'm not taking digs at Irvine as a coach. He just didn't deserve to be appointed as their manager.

But what you have to understand Rev is Lambert is using practically the same squad as Bowyer was, and its full of absolute cr@p.

His last gasp signings are here to keep us in this league, he's achieved that, to expect anymore is unrealistic at this stage in my opinion.

I've read a few of your posts about Lambert poor return points/performance wise, would you sack him?

Minus Gestede, Rhodes, King, Olsson, Cairney, Robinson

I think Lambert has a significantly worse squad than what GB had... Even with the additions

So how long does Lambert give it before he leaves if Venky's don't show their hand soon?

After this weekend we could/should be mathematically safe so surely his focus will switch to planning for next season & getting some of the players tied to longer deals.

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if he walks before the end of the season.

So how long does Lambert give it before he leaves if Venky's don't show their hand soon?

After this weekend we could/should be mathematically safe so surely his focus will switch to planning for next season & getting some of the players tied to longer deals.

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if he walks before the end of the season.

If post-safety he starts putting some of the kids into the first team then there is some that he is planning. If he sticks with the same squad then that's possibly a bad sign. But who knows really.

Would him steering Rovers to safety after selling the club's leading goalscorer (that he sanctioned, allegedly) be seen by other clubs as a plus on his CV? Would his outspoken comments in the media count against him?

As long as the plan is a good one, I don't care when it's started. To make plans work, is the reason professionals of any walk of life are employed!

Plans and Venkys don't exactly go hand in hand

In the past! I hope it's different in the future, with the management team that have been employed.

Until they run things with a proper board structure with authority from the UK what will change ?? We may get lucky and go up a big big if... PL Is here to manage the playing side not the club as a CE

Until they run things with a proper board structure with authority from the UK what will change ?? We may get lucky and go up a big big if... PL Is here to manage the playing side not the club as a CE

Personally my only interest's are the team, and the manager.

Whatever our personal interests are (be it the 11 on the pitch or the clubs structure etc) I think it's pretty fair to say that we're not out of the woods by a long stretch. With this mob it's been one step forward and ten steps back at its worst. At its best it's one forward and two back. Either way the direction of the club has been consistently backwards since they arrived. I think it's also fair to day the end game is fast approaching. With the debt the way it is but a decent manager in situ we either get lucky and wipe the slate clean or, well I think we know the other road.

Judging by his latest soundbites I'd say a meeting seems to be scheduled. But that's as far as the good news goes at the moment. I don't really imagine they're gonna back their man. And if by some miracle they do, I'm certain it'll be ill thought out and will definitely be the final roll of the dice. Even if they loosen the purse strings it's a huge ask to turn us into promotion candidates. Not impossible but a big ask.

He does seem quite calm. That could either be because he can see progress being made slowly but surely behind the scenes and a meeting is scheduled. Or alternatively it could be because he's made his decision, he's off, all he's concerned about is the next 5 games before packing his bags and he's not going to get wound up about it or give any clues away in the media.

I'm sure he was quoted earlier today as saying that the owners are aware of the Marshall contract situation and 'will deal with it'. That sounds like he's confident the wheels are in motion behind the scenes. It wasn't mentioned in his Radio Lancashire interview though.

"The planning for this should have started a lot earlier, its a bit of a strange one..."

They don't come stranger than the Rao's, Paul.

is he that daft and naïve he didn't know how the lunes operate before he took the job?

anyone who knows anything about footy knew this.

Personally my only interest's are the team, and the manager.

Without a structure the manager can't manage the team to the best of his ability due to other factors.. Even PL has previously mentioned this or do you seem to forget this also he mentioned he didn't want to be in a similar situation to the one at Aston villa..

He does seem quite calm. That could either be because he can see progress being made slowly but surely behind the scenes and a meeting is scheduled. Or alternatively it could be because he's made his decision, he's off, all he's concerned about is the next 5 games before packing his bags and he's not going to get wound up about it or give any clues away in the media.

I'm sure he was quoted earlier today as saying that the owners are aware of the Marshall contract situation and 'will deal with it'. That sounds like he's confident the wheels are in motion behind the scenes. It wasn't mentioned in his Radio Lancashire interview though.

Bye bye Marshall then as they'll take the cash before he goes for nowt next year

Today's LT he's basically saying the squad isn't good enough.. What I'd like to know though where are the goals going to come from even if he's given funding as proven goalscorers at this level don't come cheap

Archived