BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When he says 'somewhere along the line in the next few weeks things will hopefully get sorted' it doesn't look like a meeting is scheduled.

Reckon he will be off soon and we will sink like a stone.

Awful situation.

I think he's been saying the same thing for about the past two weeks. It's ridiculous and he does seem the type to sooner or later blow a fuse.

If he does I hope he publicly blasts them and someone finally tells the world what twerps they are.

He does seem quite calm. That could either be because he can see progress being made slowly but surely behind the scenes and a meeting is scheduled. Or alternatively it could be because he's made his decision, he's off, all he's concerned about is the next 5 games before packing his bags and he's not going to get wound up about it or give any clues away in the media.

I'm sure he was quoted earlier today as saying that the owners are aware of the Marshall contract situation and 'will deal with it'. That sounds like he's confident the wheels are in motion behind the scenes. It wasn't mentioned in his Radio Lancashire interview though.

That's the way it looks to me.

I think it is the outcome Venky's want, as well.

I think Lambert has probably come to the realisation that there is too much of a mess here to be salvaged. The angry comments he made two weeks ago were his final straw, laying down of the gauntlet and they haven't stirred Venkys into action. Therefore he is now calm in the knowledge that the season will be over soon and he can leave with his head held high.

We bought badly over the past 5 years tbh.

We have bought some good players but some rubbish players aswell

i think you can go further back than that, i thought most of Allardyces signings where pretty shoddy(didn't we sign like 3 right backs in one season at one point, all of which where gash)

• Backroom

i think you can go further back than that, i thought most of Allardyces signings where pretty shoddy(didn't we sign like 3 right backs in one season at one point, all of which where gash)

Heh. The signings of the last five years make the signings of Benjani, Chimbonda, Salgado and Kalinic seem like the stuff of folklore.

• Backroom

You thought Salgado, Jacobsen and Chimbonda were 'all gash'?

Sam said that Rovers received a bid for Warnock that Williams didn't want to refuse. He then recruited 2 or 3 in on the cheap, it was a bit odd getting in 3 right backs for a decent left back but that's managers for you !

All 3 were decent in their own way although Salgado was never going to play as soon as he signed due to fitness.

If that's the case why did they appoint him?

They probably brought him in expecting him and his experienced team to deliver a decent stab at making the play offs. They have miserably failed to deliver. Playing devil's advocate the owners might be thinking that we're better off him walking out or another club taking him off our hands and paying us compensation rather than us shell out yet again for potting yet another unsuccessful manager.

Ideally he should have been on a short term contract to the end of the season but I don't suppose he'd have agreed to come on that basis.

You thought Salgado, Jacobsen and Chimbonda were 'all gash'?

Ability wise, yes pretty much

Chimonda had a couple of good games then gave up, Jacobsen was a non entity and salgado was ready for the knackers yard(though his attitude was still great) and I imagine salgado and chimbonda where on very high wages

• Moderation Lead

They probably brought him in expecting him and his experienced team to deliver a decent stab at making the play offs. They have miserably failed to deliver. Playing devil's advocate the owners might be thinking that we're better off him walking out or another club taking him off our hands and paying us compensation rather than us shell out yet again for potting yet another unsuccessful manager.

Ideally he should have been on a short term contract to the end of the season but I don't suppose he'd have agreed to come on that basis.

They've 'failed miserably' as we'd been left far too much to do by the previous manager. Anyone expecting us to have made the play-offs probably knows about as much about football as our owners I'd suggest...

• Backroom

Tin hat time but it will be 5 losses in 7 if we lose this, with 1 win in that time. Venkys or no Venkys he must be doing better.

We don't have a great squad, but then neither do the likes of Ipswich or Birmingham and look where they are. Lambert's been here six months and it's fair to say it's been an underwhelming start to his tenure here. Should he remain here past the summer there will need to see a major improvement, whether Venky's back him with significant funds or not. If McCarthy can get Ipswich into mid table safety with no money, Lambert should be expected to do the same here considering his reputation.

This season was a write off from the moment Bowyer was allowed to begin it as manager, but next season is a different matter entirely.

Archived