BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sheffield Wednesday Preview

What a game that 7-2 was, Hodgsons sides played some great stuff early on, some of the best I've seen on Ewood. Also notable is the small following of Wendies and they had a few like that at Rovers when things were going sadly wrong at their club. Just something to keep in mind after Sat when they are all over social media telling us how they've always brought 4k (they have a good few times as well) :rover:

On to this game and I think it could be an awkward one and other than the tempo and workrate increasing a bit I'm not sure things will be greatly different to when Bowyer was here. It's still his team after all although Lambert will give it better direction for sure but first and foremost it sounds like he wants us hard to beat.

I'm going a tough but quite entertaining draw.

Rovers 1 Weds 1

17,683 (3,900 Owls)

I was there that night, Monday night in late August, was a lowly following hardly helped by being on Sky, Lars Bohinen always bloody scored against us!

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-830F using Tapatalk

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could it be:

Steele

Henry Hanley Duffy

Marshall Evans Guthrie Akpan Conway

Lawrence

Rhodes

?

Hasn't Lambert already said that he wants Marshall further up the field?

Why would he suddenly switch him to wingback?

It'll be a straight swap, Henry for Henley.

I was there that night, Monday night in late August, was a lowly following hardly helped by being on Sky, Lars Bohinen always bloody scored against us!

Not really having a dig just highlighting that even clubs with big fanbases have fluctuating followings when the mood around the club is bad. We get endless stick yet don't have a big fanbase to start with, anyway always found Wednesday to be great fans and even that night and the season after they were superb in backing their team. What happened to the band ?

I was at the game also and it was a nice warm bank hol Monday evening an I was ruff as can be. Strangely Sheff Wed played alright in patches but everything we hit seemed to go in. We've pasted some teams down the years at Ewood but that was one of the best all round games imo.

Not really having a dig just highlighting that even clubs with big fanbases have fluctuating followings when the mood around the club is bad. We get endless stick yet don't have a big fanbase to start with, anyway always found Wednesday to be great fans and even that night and the season after they were superb in backing their team. What happened to the band ?

I was at the game also and it was a nice warm bank hol Monday evening an I was ruff as can be. Strangely Sheff Wed played alright in patches but everything we hit seemed to go in. We've pasted some teams down the years at Ewood but that was one of the best all round games imo.

Yeah an outstanding performance. It didn't take Hodgson long to loose the plot though did it ?

Yeah an outstanding performance. It didn't take Hodgson long to loose the plot though did it ?

Funnily enough it was against Sheff Weds away on Boxing day that I knew his good football honeymoon period was over. We needed a plan B that day and he didn't have one and everything more or less stalled from then on.

Oh mate I know you weren't having a dig, we have some great followings at times and others @#/? poor, we never seem to take huge numbers to Ewood and vice versa you lot here.

The band are still allowed in at home games sadly but not away ones as they are, in the main, universally hated by the core fan base.

That 7-2 was just frankly bloody bizarre, as you say owt you hit went in, an impressive Graham Hyde own goal and a red card.

Oh mate I know you weren't having a dig, we have some great followings at times and others @#/? poor, we never seem to take huge numbers to Ewood and vice versa you lot here.

The band are still allowed in at home games sadly but not away ones as they are, in the main, universally hated by the core fan base.

That 7-2 was just frankly bloody bizarre, as you say owt you hit went in, an impressive Graham Hyde own goal and a red card.

Good to hear about the band as my daughters partner is one of your members in the band. Shame they cannot come and entertain at away grounds.

Not a shame, they are scum

What's the deal there then ? Didn't they do England duty as well. Seem to remember them popping up on tv a time or two at non football events as well.

That is quite a strong term to use. Why are they so?

They tend to follow other clubs and sports, including Leeds Rhinos and they have no inclination to listen to the fans who want them gone or toned down!

What's the deal there then ? Didn't they do England duty as well. Seem to remember them popping up on tv a time or two at non football events as well.

Yeah they do England at several sports, they'd attend a letter opening if it got them exposure, as I said, scum.

I remember that game.

It caused us to buy Paul Warhurst because he was immense against us.

Back to 2015 and this is a big challenge for the new Rovers. Hopefully we don't get the deflating feeling we had about this time last season- we had just scraped into 6th place when Wednesday came to Ewood and grabbed a 90th minute winner starting and absolutely dire run of eight or nine games without a win against decidedly ordinary opponents.

Whatever happens, should be a big crowd with thousands of Wednesday dans hoping to cheer their side into the play off positions by full time. Hopefully the Blackburn faithful turn out in droves to welcome the new man.

I'll settle for 7-2 again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnnCHD0YKFU

Was at that game in Darwen end I think it was, was that the game when we scored 4 in the first 20 mins or something?

Seems they became a bit of a novelty act then. It's a funny thing really with bands etc at footy and was the same with our drummer, sometimes they really serve a purpose and sometimes you really need them to get the crowd going but often they are just an annoying pain in the backside !

• Backroom

Got to say I love the look of the team JB suggested.

Funnily enough the thing I remember most about the 7-2 game is a cracking goal by Benito Carbone - and Tango

Tricky game to call I think a nailed on draw under Bowyer (with endless debate ranging from 'good point against a team who will be up there' to 'shocking no intent to win') as we would have played it safe but could be any result now

2-0 rovers

Steele

Duffy Henry Hanley

Evans Guthrie Akpan

Marshall Lawrence Conway

Rhodes

That's a new formation on me? The 3331? It could catch on. Arguably on the narrow side...?

Personally I think Chadders is on the money. Only change Guthrie in for Akpan, Taylor to start if Lawrence isn't fit. Formations and personnel are not really the issue. Workrate, fluidity and commitment are. That's best worked on by keeping things simple. I'd be really surprised if Lambo went three at the back.

Got to say I love the look of the team JB suggested.

Funnily enough the thing I remember most about the 7-2 game is a cracking goal by Benito Carbone - and Tango

Tricky game to call I think a nailed on draw under Bowyer (with endless debate ranging from 'good point against a team who will be up there' to 'shocking no intent to win') as we would have played it safe but could be any result now

PL will take the game to Wednesday, defend high up the pitch and a chance will fall to JR, game over

Archived