BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sheffield Wednesday Preview

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be disappointed with a home draw against any side in this league.

Depends on the manner. If we sneak a last minute equaliser after being 2-0 down, I doubt many could walk away disappointed.

Similarly, if we snatch a draw from the jaws of victory, dissapointment is a given.

A draw or win today puts us 5 unbeaten, good foundations to climb the league. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

• Backroom

Depends on the manner. If we sneak a last minute equaliser after being 2-0 down, I doubt many could walk away disappointed.

You might walk away happy/relieved, but in analysis you'd have to ask why we were 2-0 down in the first place.

We've already dropped too many points this season. Obviously that isn't Lambert's fault, but we have to start winning our home games at a minimum if we're going to make a late run for 6th spot.

A draw wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would ultimately not be enough if we want to achieve anything this season. As Lambert has rightly said over the past couple of weeks, it's time to rid ourselves of the old management's "mediocrity is OK" attitude and make Ewood a fortress again.

I'm in Worcester today with 2 Wednesday season ticket holders, doesn't seem quite right really, bad planning.

Anyway they say their best player Barry Bannan is out and the goal scoring threat is from Lucas Joao not Forestieri (who cheats, their words not mine)

Enjoy the game.

• Backroom

I'm in Worcester today with 2 Wednesday season ticket holders, doesn't seem quite right really, bad planning.

Anyway they say their best player Barry Bannan is out and the goal scoring threat is from Lucas Joao not Forestieri (who cheats, their words not mine)

Enjoy the game.

From what I've read Joao is a player with bags of potential but can be inconsistent. Let's hope we catch him on a bad day.

A draw wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would ultimately not be enough if we want to achieve anything this season. As Lambert has rightly said over the past couple of weeks, it's time to rid ourselves of the old management's "mediocrity is OK" attitude and make Ewood a fortress again.

If we start expecting victory, what if it doesn't come?

I'm not expecting immediate fireworks. That's not accepting mediocracy. It's called reality. The more critical of the previous regime you where, the more time you should be willing to give to arrest previous issues.

Like I said, and stand by. Avoid defeat today, and we are setting good foundations to kick on.

I'm not expecting immediate fireworks. That's not accepting mediocracy. It's called reality. The more critical of the previous regime you where, the more time you should be willing to give to arrest previous issues.

Like I said, and stand by. Avoid defeat today, and we are setting good foundations to kick on.

Straight out of bowyers negative book of mediocrity

• Backroom

If a victory doesn't come then you accept that this is a work in progress and look forward to the next match. Expecting to win your home matches doesn't mean that you fly into a rage when a win doesn't come.

We as fans need to believe in the team, and that belief will come largely from home victories. It's time to forget the stability mantra and look upwards rather than sideways.

I'd put money on Lambert not being content with a draw today.

I'd put money on Lambert not being happy about how we played at Preston but he still hailed it as near-perfect.

I'll be happy with a better performance today, whether it produces a draw or a win.

Interested to see how the weather impacts the 'walk-ons' today. Hopefully most have bought tickets before today. 18,500 will be a good attendance.

Has there been any informed rumour about Henry starting at right-back?

COYB.

I'd put money on Lambert not being happy about how we played at Preston but he still hailed it as near-perfect.

I'll be happy with a better performance today, whether it produces a draw or a win.

Interested to see how the weather impacts the 'walk-ons' today. Hopefully most have bought tickets before today. 18,500 will be a good attendance.

COYB.

Surely you'd prefer another average performance with three more points in the bag than to play well and only draw? Substance over style for me. If we can get both in the long run, then perfect.

COYB.

Think he was referring to the outcome, not the performance.

He did lay down the target though, play up the pitch, high tempo and try to win, not try to avoid defeat

That will do for a start.

Let's see if Henley responds to his manager's vote of confidence in him. Ridiculously excited about this match- long time since I felt this way.

Much stiffer challenge than PNE and a chance to match ourselves against a team which on current form lie 3rd in the division.

No Raya or Koita on the bench, but Eastwood and Brown ?

Lambert has now had a further week to take stock and I will back his judgement.

One thing that struck me last week at Preston with the 'shot stopping' part of the goalkeepers' (Steele & Raya) warm-up routine was that 9 out of 10 'stuck' with Steele whereas Raya was really struggling to make one 'stick' - clearly, Batty will have noted that.

Archived