BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers To Host Carlisle Game

Tom

• Backroom

Very classy by the club

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/ewood-to-host-carlisle-v-plymouth-match-2846551.aspx

On the Second of January rovers are hosting the Carlisle Plymouth match at Ewood.

All of a sudden we seem a proper; decent club again you have to give Alan Myers some credit

Very classy by the club

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/ewood-to-host-carlisle-v-plymouth-match-2846551.aspx

On the Second of January rovers are hosting the Carlisle Plymouth match at Ewood.

All of a sudden we seem a proper; decent club again you have to give Alan Myers some credit

Nice gesture. Still getting used to us making sensible, good, positive decisions again

Nice touch this. Well done Rovers. Should even get a mention in the wider press. Nice to see us not just offering, but being the first (as far as i am aware) to do so. Is this someone being proactive? Hope so.

Mind you, Brunton Park will probably be in need of a whole lot of new shelving. Once that chipboard blows it blows!

Nice touch this. Well done Rovers. Should even get a mention in the wider press. Nice to see us not just offering, but being the first (as far as i am aware) to do so. Is this someone being proactive? Hope so.

Mind you, Brunton Park will probably be in need of a whole lot of new shelving. Once that chipboard blows it blows!

:D

A few Carlisle fans having a moan about the expense of traveling to Lancashire on their forums...you really couldn't make it up folks!

Wouldn't surprise to see more Plymouth fans at Ewood.

A Cumbrian is like a Yorkshirian with toothache and a stone in his shoe!

You would think their sponsors virgin trains would be helping out with transport costs

Absolutely right, it would be a very cheap PR exercise for Richard. Lay on a couple of trains from Carlisle to Preston and Blackburn - wouldn't take that much organisation I'm sure.

A few Carlisle fans having a moan about the expense of traveling to Lancashire on their forums...you really couldn't make it up folks!

If they want to witness moaning, they should come onto this site for some inspiration. IMO it's only right they should have some help with travel arrangements, don't forget some of these people have lost virtually everything.

My daughter mentioned this at Fridays match and my immediate thought was Eric kinder must have put a word in. Wasn't he at Carlisle before he came to us? Whoever thought of offering Ewood, well done. It's a small gesture that should get us more kudos than it probably will, but for me, it's another step towards normality

You have to admire Plymouth fans. Look at the distance from Plymouth to Carlisle for 90 minutes of football, in the middle of winter.

That is real dedication and I'm pleased we have shaved a few miles off the journey for them.

Would that be the longest journey in current English League football?

Indeed, always makes me laugh when Newcastle fans or whoever are deemed 'passionate' because there's a lot of them as they have a big catchment area to draw from.

What about the fans of lower league clubs that travel hundreds of miles to watch a club year in year out that hasn't ever achieved a thing.

Indeed, always makes me laugh when Newcastle fans or whoever are deemed 'passionate' because there's a lot of them as they have a big catchment area to draw from.

What about the fans of lower league clubs that travel hundreds of miles to watch a club year in year out that hasn't ever achieved a thing.

It annoys me when Leeds and Newcastle fans are described as being 'the best' as though the number of them means they are better than other supporters.

When you look at what people at clubs like Plymouth, Carlisle and then further down in the non-leagues they deserve massive respect.

I noticed that Liverpool fans are in uproar that their cup game at Exeter has been moved for tv to a Friday night. Media outlets are quick to highlight the difficulties of travelling such a distance on a weeknight to generate sympathy for them. No trains home after the game. What a shame.

No mention that thousands of football supporters have the same issue on a regular basis in the lower leagues, with the Football League making no efforts to help supporters by keeping the longest trips to the weekends, so we've had to go to places like Cardiff, Ipswich, Norwich and Brighton in midweek over the last few years.

Archived