BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers To Host Carlisle Game

Tom

Would that be the longest journey in current English League football?

Currently its Plymouth vs Carlisle. ground to ground is 778 miles round trip. In fact Carlisle fans have a few beastly trips Plymouth away, Exeter away, Portsmouth away just 3 of them. In fact league 2 is a bit like the old division 3 south and league one is like the old division 3 north.

In the championship think 630 mile round trip Middlesbrough to Brighton is longest.

Hypothetically think Newcastle and Plymouth would take some beating.

Currently its Plymouth vs Carlisle. ground to ground is 778 miles round trip. In fact Carlisle fans have a few beastly trips Plymouth away, Exeter away, Portsmouth away just 3 of them. In fact league 2 is a bit like the old division 3 south and league one is like the old division 3 north.

In the championship think 630 mile round trip Middlesbrough to Brighton is longest.

Hypothetically think Newcastle and Plymouth would take some beating.

Thanks for that Matt.

You have to admire Plymouth fans. Look at the distance from Plymouth to Carlisle for 90 minutes of football, in the middle of winter.

That is real dedication and I'm pleased we have shaved a few miles off the journey for them.

Would that be the longest journey in current English League football?

You also have to admire the chutzpah of those mid 70s Janners who trashed Blackburn town centre during the centenary promotion season. I was just a nipper in those days but, from what I remember, Blackburn was far more hostile away day in the era of outrageous Oxford Bags than in subsequent years.

Just thought i'd pass this on for those interested in going along:

Adults - £15

Seniors (65 and over) - £10

Young Persons (17 to 21) - £10

16 and under - £5

Under-7s – Free entry

Carlisle have the BBE lower & the JW lower will be split 50/50 between both teams.

Where do the Rovers fans sit?

• 2 weeks later...

One Sat afternoon Rovers v Plymouth game late 80's there was 39 Plymouth fans and an inflatable skeleton with a green scarf on. We used to count the tiny away followings (of which there were many) for some reason,

Archived