BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Forest

I find it really bloody strange to observe some peoples behaviour on here at times...

I've seen people on here at the start of the season totally write off Shane Duffy who in my opinion (heading at goal aside) has been excellent this season.

People already writing off Koita, who for all his flaws has a lot of raw ability, has played very few games in a totally different league and on top of that is trying to fill the shoes of a lad who'd been scoring for fun... But let's forget all that, because in some expert opinions the lad is a donkey and thats the end of that. Give him time AND the manager time to work out how he actually fits in, get him up to standard AND THEN JUDGE HIM. He didn't come as a goal scorer so don't expect one.

I've seen people write off Akpan, who given his physique... Could play total football and score goals would be at a club much bigger than ours but he's not... He has limitations but also has time to develop still. Given the circumstances (credit to the previous manager) has been a really good signing so far but I'm sure people expect Patrick Vieira or something. Not great against Brum but some pretty solid performances on the whole since he's come in and has plugged the gap from previous seasons of watching teams wander right through our non existent centre midfield... Surely it's no coincidence the back 4 have been able to keep more clean sheets. Yes he misplaces some passes, yes he makes the odd mistake but his presence on the field has counted for a lot and shown us something that we were desperately missing for many seasons.

I've seen people slagging the football within a month of Lambert being in charge and has 3 wins in 5 and is unbeaten.

Some criticism I can understand... Rhodes has his limitations, we all know that but it's to an extent understandable. The criticism of Henley I can understand because he's a boy in a mans league and something of a weak link that gets targeted BUT that's hardly his fault, he needs time to develop but he needs to go out on loan to earn his stripes.

Sometimes I really do wonder what people expect, to play perfect football IMMEDIATELY, be in the top 6 IMMEDIATELY... That's how it comes across anyhow.

Have some bloody faith in finally what we have in a proper manager like Paul Lambert. He's making the best of what he has, he will make us better, we are better in fact, he will make us fitter, he will get us playing better football, he will bring in a better quality of player, we're bloody tough to beat and horrible to play against and we will have a more positive season that what we would have this season under Bowyer. There's plenty to look forward to as a Rovers fan these days, it's time we gave ourselves a break and change of mindset and do what those not worthy (former recent managers) told us to do... Be positive. We have the right back room staff, a decent squad and FINALLY the right man in charge...

In Lambert I trust.

Amen and hallelujah, cracking post pal.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it really bloody strange to observe some peoples behaviour on here at times...

I've seen people on here at the start of the season totally write off Shane Duffy who in my opinion (heading at goal aside) has been excellent this season.

People already writing off Koita, who for all his flaws has a lot of raw ability, has played very few games in a totally different league and on top of that is trying to fill the shoes of a lad who'd been scoring for fun... But let's forget all that, because in some expert opinions the lad is a donkey and thats the end of that. Give him time AND the manager time to work out how he actually fits in, get him up to standard AND THEN JUDGE HIM. He didn't come as a goal scorer so don't expect one.

I've seen people write off Akpan, who given his physique... Could play total football and score goals would be at a club much bigger than ours but he's not... He has limitations but also has time to develop still. Given the circumstances (credit to the previous manager) has been a really good signing so far but I'm sure people expect Patrick Vieira or something. Not great against Brum but some pretty solid performances on the whole since he's come in and has plugged the gap from previous seasons of watching teams wander right through our non existent centre midfield... Surely it's no coincidence the back 4 have been able to keep more clean sheets. Yes he misplaces some passes, yes he makes the odd mistake but his presence on the field has counted for a lot and shown us something that we were desperately missing for many seasons.

I've seen people slagging the football within a month of Lambert being in charge and has 3 wins in 5 and is unbeaten.

Some criticism I can understand... Rhodes has his limitations, we all know that but it's to an extent understandable. The criticism of Henley I can understand because he's a boy in a mans league and something of a weak link that gets targeted BUT that's hardly his fault, he needs time to develop but he needs to go out on loan to earn his stripes.

Sometimes I really do wonder what people expect, to play perfect football IMMEDIATELY, be in the top 6 IMMEDIATELY... That's how it comes across anyhow.

Have some bloody faith in finally what we have in a proper manager like Paul Lambert. He's making the best of what he has, he will make us better, we are better in fact, he will make us fitter, he will get us playing better football, he will bring in a better quality of player, we're bloody tough to beat and horrible to play against and we will have a more positive season that what we would have this season under Bowyer. There's plenty to look forward to as a Rovers fan these days, it's time we gave ourselves a break and change of mindset and do what those not worthy (former recent managers) told us to do... Be positive. We have the right back room staff, a decent squad and FINALLY the right man in charge...

In Lambert I trust.

Abso-bloody-lutely.

Played very well first half, i think and hope that is the way we are heading and hopefully for 90 minutes. We obviously dropped off in the second half but that will be a combination of Forest reacting to our style of play, Friday night and us only having two in midfield against their three. Lansbury had sussed out how to find space in the second half, played very well.

Think Peter Jackson had fired into the mulled wine early, Koita MOM? Hanley and Duffy (attacking headers aside) were rock solid again.

Getting a bit worrying how Marshall and Rhodes are not firing at all under PL, anything close to decent money for either of them will tempt Lambert i think.

Overall though still positive, we look a solid outfit and are heading in the right direction.

Oh and the Rugby fan who sits near me found his voice again, was shouting "forward" again in the first half. Someone needs to tell Lambert this revolutionary tactic.

• Backroom

Forgot to mention the real lowlight of the match for me was the people around us.

The club has obviously given tickets to schools or college which I applaud but there were 10-15 Asian lads sat behind us who had no interest in the game other than shouting 'come on Norwich' and spent the game abusing people around them.

Had I taken my son I would have flipped.

• Moderation Lead

Played very well first half, i think and hope that is the way we are heading and hopefully for 90 minutes. We obviously dropped off in the second half but that will be a combination of Forest reacting to our style of play, Friday night and us only having two in midfield against their three. Lansbury had sussed out how to find space in the second half, played very well.

Think Peter Jackson had fired into the mulled wine early, Koita MOM? Hanley and Duffy (attacking headers aside) were rock solid again.

Getting a bit worrying how Marshall and Rhodes are not firing at all under PL, anything close to decent money for either of them will tempt Lambert i think.

Overall though still positive, we look a solid outfit and are heading in the right direction.

Oh and the Rugby fan who sits near me found his voice again, was shouting "forward" again in the first half. Someone needs to tell Lambert this revolutionary tactic.

Haha, on the first point- Koita must need a watch....

You always get some brainboxes in every stand shouting that, as if they know better than a professional football manager!

Excellent first half, they countered us well in the second half.

If I were a manager I'd change the way we played the second half. every game.

Negates any changes the other team make at half time to cope with the problems you give them in the first half.

Did he stay until the end? I didn't notice. I bet he was well bored in the 2nd half.

Shearer sat about half a dozen seats from me and two rows down with his missus and Rob Coar. He left after approx 70 minutes. He did spend some time though just after HT signing autgraphs for a few kids and about a dozen of Tom's free ticket types. Very excited they were, starstruck even and had to be firmly instructed to sit down and not block people's views of the match. I couldn't help thinking that it might be the last time that we see him at Ewood.

Excellent first half, they countered us well in the second half.

If I were a manager I'd change the way we played the second half. every game.

Negates any changes the other team make at half time to cope with the problems you give them in the first half.

Good post. People look to find fault with the Rovers attacking play yet completely disregard the opposition game plan and tactics. Noticeable that Forest after the first 10 mins sparring and trying to catch us cold were coming of worst so then tried to keep the rest of the first half tight and not concede before stepping up a few yards and increasing the pressure on us for the second 45.

Have you never been to a Rugby match ? You'll hear " Forward " and " Gerrem Onside " all afternoon.

Shearer sat about half a dozen seats from me and two rows down with his missus and Rob Coar. He left after approx 70 minutes. He did spend some time though just after HT signing autgraphs for a few kids and about a dozen of Tom's free ticket types. Very excited they were, starstruck even and had to be firmly instructed to sit down and not block people's views of the match. I couldn't help thinking that it might be the last time that we see him at Ewood.

That thought crossed my mind when he came out onto the pitch. Possibly the most sobering sight i have seen since the imbeciles have taken over

In Lambert I trust.

Great post.

To be honest though I don't even think people on here are the worst offenders. Every game I go to now, no matter where I sit in the ground, there's some ****hole within spitting distance yelling abuse at the team.

Akpan is an almost hilariously predictable one. Always the defensive midfielder, always, without fail. Is it Tugay's fault? Do fans think its normal for someone playing in front of the defence to get the ball off the centre halves, turn away from an onrushing midfielder and ping an inch perfect 50 yard pass? Well it isn't! Tugay did absolutely nothing defensively and the job of the defensive mid is defending, not spraying the ball about. If you have both you're playing in the Champions League, its as simple as that. So of course Akpan is going to do plenty of short, unimaginative passes, every single defensive midfielder we ever have will be like that, get bloody used to it!

Anyway, slightly winds me up (know I hide it well) but there's definitely something up with a lot of modern fans and their barmy expectation levels.

That thought crossed my mind when he came out onto the pitch. Possibly the most sobering sight i have seen since the imbeciles have taken over

It was the fact the ground was so empty, I looked around as an all time great and title winner took in the applause from a hardy bunch of loyalists and I couldn't help but lament.

Shoots of recovery? Of course, but christ we have fallen a long way and moments like that bring it home.

• Moderation Lead

I think for me Akpan is probably our best central midfielder on current form. He covers a lot of ground both forwards and backwards and I've been impressed so far I have to admit. I must admit I agree on people's expectation levels of midfielders, some barmy comments can be heard around me! (And not just from J-Bizzle's mouth) :rover:

Great post.

To be honest though I don't even think people on here are the worst offenders. Every game I go to now, no matter where I sit in the ground, there's some ****hole within spitting distance yelling abuse at the team.

Akpan is an almost hilariously predictable one. Always the defensive midfielder, always, without fail. Is it Tugay's fault? Do fans think its normal for someone playing in front of the defence to get the ball off the centre halves, turn away from an onrushing midfielder and ping an inch perfect 50 yard pass? Well it isn't! Tugay did absolutely nothing defensively and the job of the defensive mid is defending, not spraying the ball about. If you have both you're playing in the Champions League, its as simple as that. So of course Akpan is going to do plenty of short, unimaginative passes, every single defensive midfielder we ever have will be like that, get bloody used to it!

Anyway, slightly winds me up (know I hide it well) but there's definitely something up with a lot of modern fans and their barmy expectation levels.

Bloody telling me. Lamberts first home game in charge against Wednesday... My dad was speaking to some bloke he knew at half time at the front of Riverside, we walked over feeling really positive about the high pressing and generally looking like a proper team for once, this guy was immediately in venomous disagreement "no different than under Bowyer" and basically was in blind ignorance to everything positive that had happened that half... I had to walk away for the sake of my dad because if I'd have opened my mouth they surely wouldn't have spoken again. Was just saying to K-Hod... I can understand fans wanting us to be better, what fans don't? But the habit of negativity from these past few years which to some extent is understandable (I was bloody miserable under Bowyer admittedly) has to change, the fans need a change of mindset else they're really going to poison what could be a really good opportunity for a fresh start at Rovers.

I must admit I was fuming at Koita's miss - but then who wouldn't ? The average centre forward down at Pleasington would have put that away. There's also a difference between unreasonable expectations of players of limited ability and a particularly poor piece of play - of which Koita's was one. Fans have every right to get on players' backs when they make bad mistakes.

In Lambert I trust.

So because I think Koita is terrible I don't have faith in Lambert, I'm lacking positivity and I think we should be top 6 immediately?

Quite the opposite. I'd be delighted if Lambert can make Koita into a brilliant player but I'm not negative for thinking that if he doesn't he'll be replaced with someone better.

Bloody telling me. Lamberts first home game in charge against Wednesday... My dad was speaking to some bloke he knew at half time at the front of Riverside, we walked over feeling really positive about the high pressing and generally looking like a proper team for once, this guy was immediately in venomous disagreement "no different than under Bowyer" and basically was in blind ignorance to everything positive that had happened that half... I had to walk away for the sake of my dad because if I'd have opened my mouth they surely wouldn't have spoken again. Was just saying to K-Hod... I can understand fans wanting us to be better, what fans don't? But the habit of negativity from these past few years which to some extent is understandable (I was bloody miserable under Bowyer admittedly) has to change, the fans need a change of mindset else they're really going to poison what could be a really good opportunity for a fresh start at Rovers.

It never ceases to amaze me that people go week in week out and still have no real appreciation of what's going on out there.

Because Brown's a donkey I very much doubt he would have got himself on the end of the chance to miss it in the first place.

While I'm not wanting to big up Brown at all he probably would have got on the end of it as it was a corner or free kick the was half cleared then played back in where players were waiting it was not a clever run to get on the end of it or anything by koita.

Koita is a far better player than Brown and some of his approach play and flick on's where good but I don't see him as being a regular starting striker for any team with any ambition of going up he just won't score enough goals.

I quite like Akpan. In stark contrast to previously vilified DMs (who shall remain nameless) he breaks play up nicely, can tackle, can play on the half turn and can pass. He's also a physically imposing figure who is useful in both boxes and is a good leader in there. He'll do for me.

I quite like Akpan. In stark contrast to previously vilified DMs (who shall remain nameless) he breaks play up nicely, can tackle, can play on the half turn and can pass. He's also a physically imposing figure who is useful in both boxes and is a good leader in there. He'll do for me.

Because he gives the ball away from time to time (who doesn't at this level), he gets the ire of a certain section of fans.

End of the day, he's often driving forward when the ball is given away, so you have to excuse him that after three years of Williamson and Lowe's crab like play.

I must admit I was fuming at Koita's miss - but then who wouldn't ? The average centre forward down at Pleasington would have put that away. There's also a difference between unreasonable expectations of players of limited ability and a particularly poor piece of play - of which Koita's was one. Fans have every right to get on players' backs when they make bad mistakes.

I've had my head in my hands at similar incidents at both ends of the pitch. I may have turned to whoever was sat next to me and said " The big dozy bugger " or words to that effect but I'd never abuse a player by shouting out. Nobody plays better for being slagged off. I remember going to a reserve game were Frank Kopel and a spectator on the old Riverside terrace had a slanging match for the whole 45 minutes of one half. Crazy.

So because I think Koita is terrible I don't have faith in Lambert, I'm lacking positivity and I think we should be top 6 immediately?

Quite the opposite. I'd be delighted if Lambert can make Koita into a brilliant player but I'm not negative for thinking that if he doesn't he'll be replaced with someone better.

Not you specifically, others have also written off Koita. My post was generalisation of the negativity I see among Rovers fans in what are more positive times, not having a go at you fella.

Because he gives the ball away from time to time (who doesn't at this level), he gets the ire of a certain section of fans.

End of the day, he's often driving forward when the ball is given away, so you have to excuse him that after three years of Williamson and Lowe's crab like play.

Maybe there's nobody showing for him when he has the ball. Other players running for you with good movement off the ball makes your life a lot easier when you're carrying the ball in a crowded midfield. For what we're paying we aren't going to get a Claude Makele. I notice the succession of goals we conceded from free shots on or around the " D " has suddenly dried up. That's his primary role, anything else is a bonus.

In Lambert I trust.

This posts reminds me of 'me' from several years ago, a compliment indeed Neal!

Posters need to be allowed to take up the middle ground instead of being backed into corners all the time.

Archived